Reiree's Benefits Reduction Infrmaional Meeting!

Furious1Auto

At times I wish I had not retired, not because of all the bullshit lies by the UNION/mangement people but because of the good UAW members that I worked with. I was fortunate to land a good paying job with GREAT benefits. The people are friendly and we work as a real team. (performance bonuses based on a formula that is fair and achievable). I can now look back and say thank God I do not have to put up with this deceit any longer that I actually had to pay for (union dues).

If you do not have a good job lined up or are ready both monetarily and mentally to go I would stay right where you are at until you are. I know it sounds bad but you know the enemy where you are. When you retire you have all the forces working against you with out any voice. The Union negotiates BS contracts, management just wants to cut, the Government is run by big Pharma, Doctors, lawyers and Insurance Co. and the UAW retiree is screwed.

Tell them to take their crap ass buyout packs and shove them. If you are not well off, their little bit of money and their promise to take care of you in the future is bull shit.

I miss my FRIENDS that I have met through the UAW, but not the union. After 35 years of being a proud union man I can honestly say I have serious doubts about their intentions and am concerned for the retirees and current workers.

Be safe, save your money, Keep an eye on them and above all go to work do the best you can, have a good laugh and get paid.

Butt

What are you talking about. Timing the veba is to go into affect jan 2010 from stock given to the uaw. What stock does gm and chrsler have to give to the uaw. WHEN DID FORD GIVE THE STOCK TO THE UAW???????????????HOW MUCH DID THEY GIVE THE UAW??????WHAT PRICE DID THEY GIVE IT TO US AT???????? NOW WITH THAT INFORMATION MAYBE JUST MAYBE I WILL BE ABLE TO SEE JUST HOW BROKE IT IS. THE VEBA HAS'NT SAVED ANYBODY YET. IN NOVEMBER2008 FORD STOCK WAS BELOW A DOLLAR IT IS NOW 9.40 HOW ARE WE LOSING MONEY IT HAS DONE NOTHING BUT GO UP. ARE WE PAYING FOR GM AND CHRSLER UNTIL THEY HAVE SOME STOCK OFFERING OF THERE OWN OR WHAT. WE NEED TO KNOW WHEN FORD GAVE THE UAW THE STOCK AND AT WHAT PRICE AND HOW MUCH HOW MANY SHARES ARE WE DEALING WITH. :shades: :shades: :shades:

good question,,,uaw is already telling us what our reduced benefits are going to be in veba,,why arent we getting a financial statement telling us how much money and stock is in it??? ie,,,xxx number of ford shares put in fund at this price,,,now worth this much as of dec1,,2009,,i also want statement telling pay of boardmembers{veba}and name of all members{board}

Taking more from their pensions for health care.

Co pays rising.

Generic from 7 dollars to 20.

Brand names like crestor and plavix which have no generic go from 13 to 50.

100 dollars for emergency room visit.

Used to pay 5 dollars at rite aid will now be rising to 15 and 25 for generic and brand name.

That's the happening here in Michigan.

Yes, my Mom gets a small pension from Ford 380 a month....now they are going to take 100 from that....now her pension is 280 a month....my father was skilled tradesmen for 21 years....and this is what his widow is left with.....she is 83 years old....on several different meds....pitiful...

My Grandfather retired from the UAW with great benefits and lived a fantastic life. He looked forward to retirement and lived life to the fullest.

He'd roll over in his grave if he new te reduction of benefits to retirees.

All I can say is that I"m sorry the company you all worked at, for years and years, gave you the fork. My son wanted to work for Ford when he graduated from high school, several years ago. Thankfully, he didn't hire on.

Anyone want their kids working for this company? Three generations of Ford are in my family and yet, I'd never want it to be a fourth generation working for the greedy bastards.

My Grandfather retired from the UAW with great benefits and lived a fantastic life. He looked forward to retirement and lived life to the fullest.

He'd roll over in his grave if he new te reduction of benefits to retirees.

All I can say is that I"m sorry the company you all worked at, for years and years, gave you the fork. My son wanted to work for Ford when he graduated from high school, several years ago. Thankfully, he didn't hire on.

Anyone want their kids working for this company? Three generations of Ford are in my family and yet, I'd never want it to be a fourth generation working for the greedy bastards.

Greedy BASTARDS Ford or IUAW?.......or Both?

Yes, my Mom gets a small pension from Ford 380 a month....now they are going to take 100 from that....now her pension is 280 a month....my father was skilled tradesmen for 21 years....and this is what his widow is left with.....she is 83 years old....on several different meds....pitiful...

Yes it is pitiful.

It's sickening.

And it's wrong.

We as an active membership must do all we can to ensure the retirees receive what they expected to receive.

We are still working, we aren't on a fixed income and they are.

It is easy to take from them because they don't have a voice.

Well just like a lot of other avenues in life, the easy way isn't always the best way.

We must sacrifice whatever it takes to secure the retirees way of life.

If we fail to act, history is doomed to repeat itself.

:finger:

At times I wish I had not retired, not because of all the bullshit lies by the UNION/mangement people but because of the good UAW members that I worked with. I was fortunate to land a good paying job with GREAT benefits. The people are friendly and we work as a real team. (performance bonuses based on a formula that is fair and achievable). I can now look back and say thank God I do not have to put up with this deceit any longer that I actually had to pay for (union dues).

If you do not have a good job lined up or are ready both monetarily and mentally to go I would stay right where you are at until you are. I know it sounds bad but you know the enemy where you are. When you retire you have all the forces working against you with out any voice. The Union negotiates BS contracts, management just wants to cut, the Government is run by big Pharma, Doctors, lawyers and Insurance Co. and the UAW retiree is screwed.

Tell them to take their crap ass buyout packs and shove them. If you are not well off, their little bit of money and their promise to take care of you in the future is bull shit.

I miss my FRIENDS that I have met through the UAW, but not the union. After 35 years of being a proud union man I can honestly say I have serious doubts about their intentions and am concerned for the retirees and current workers.

Be safe, save your money, Keep an eye on them and above all go to work do the best you can, have a good laugh and get paid.

Butt

Well said. I :finger: I agree completely

What are you talking about. Timing the veba is to go into affect jan 2010 from stock given to the uaw. What stock does gm and chrsler have to give to the uaw. WHEN DID FORD GIVE THE STOCK TO THE UAW???????????????HOW MUCH DID THEY GIVE THE UAW??????WHAT PRICE DID THEY GIVE IT TO US AT???????? NOW WITH THAT INFORMATION MAYBE JUST MAYBE I WILL BE ABLE TO SEE JUST HOW BROKE IT IS. THE VEBA HAS'NT SAVED ANYBODY YET. IN NOVEMBER2008 FORD STOCK WAS BELOW A DOLLAR IT IS NOW 9.40 HOW ARE WE LOSING MONEY IT HAS DONE NOTHING BUT GO UP. ARE WE PAYING FOR GM AND CHRSLER UNTIL THEY HAVE SOME STOCK OFFERING OF THERE OWN OR WHAT. WE NEED TO KNOW WHEN FORD GAVE THE UAW THE STOCK AND AT WHAT PRICE AND HOW MUCH HOW MANY SHARES ARE WE DEALING WITH. :shades: :shades: :shades:

The stock is 9.78 today is are INS SAFE YET???????????????????

You do know where our President came from don't you....he was part of the same group you and I both KNOW are corrupt...the only thing different about him is he is black....which makes criticizing him different

Yes I know what you mean. If you criticize our president today you could get called racist..

A promise is a promise. Retirees worked their entire career on the basis that there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Robbing them of that promise is a travesty. Perhaps we should learn from this, and negotiate for much higher wages, with no pension. As the company can just take future benefits away at will. Get the money now, and invest it wisely. Make your own pension. The company can not come into your home and take your stash out of the mattress.

Bingo!!

Bingo!!

How many people on the board of the uaw retiree medical benefits trust are UAW retirees? Do these people serve for free, or are they compensated? Did anyone ask retirees for their input on their medical benefits? Close your eyes and think back to the fifties. That is about

where the UAW is today. There I've vented. I feel better.

Hindsight is 20/20...corporations are in the business to make money for their shareholders. Profit margins for American corporations are not high enough here, so in a global market production will go to whoever is willing to get paid the least....hmmm......better start learning Chinese or Spanish... :reading: