BUY OUT'S

mbabbitt

With 36,000 active member if 3,000 leave that will mean only 33,000 active Master waged UAW workers at Ford versus 120,000 retired. What will be the ratio of active to retired be then? How much more reductions in medical benefits will the retirees have to sustain VIA the VEBA committee as a result?

Furious...I want as many UAW Ford workers as our company can handle...but I worked 32 years for this company....I feel that the company should(did) put money away during my working years(to pay for MY retirement), that it doesn't matter how many people are working....If our retirement was set up like SS and we are paying for retirees on the backs of the working...shame on our UNION. I know the company accounts for the hourly wage like the working are paying for the retired but I don't buy it....you can't make me believe that I haven't funded my own retirement ...just like everyone else who is retired.

Does anyone else know several people who say "I want to retire, but I cant afford it!"? Yes, I would like everyone who has enough years in to retire, but on the other hand, some people are just can't for financial reasons. You really need to be able to live comfortably after all your years of working, or its all for naught.

Edited by SheetMetalJoe

Longball quote:

Furious...I want as many UAW Ford workers as our company can handle...but I worked 32 years for this company....I feel that the company should(did) put money away during my working years(to pay for MY retirement), that it doesn't matter how many people are working....If our retirement was set up like SS and we are paying for retirees on the backs of the working...shame on our UNION. I know the company accounts for the hourly wage like the working are paying for the retired but I don't buy it....you can't make me believe that I haven't funded my own retirement ...just like everyone else who is retired.

Longball I believe you hit a home run with your wise words..Thank You

quote name='kpc655' date='Dec 18 2009, 10:58 AM' post='580289']

good deal

This is one piss poor Buyout!!!! I hope everybody tells FORD to stick this weak ass buyout up their greedy asses! FORD can run out all the benefits of those on ILO,but when they start hiring at plants with new products and/or increased production FORD will have to call back the ILO'd employee's at the present seniority rate before they can hire that 1st new hire at $14.00 hr.At least that's what I've been told by my Local.Either FORD isn't really worried about hiring the $14.00 hr new hires or the people on ILO are being lied to by the UAW and are in for the Screwing of their lives!!!! Only time will tell....................

post-22625-1261155773_thumb.jpg

.Piss poor? Some of you people have an over inflated idea of what you're worth. For 30 year employees, all the money plus a pension and benefits? Give me a fucking break. You act like they should cover all of the piss poor financial decisons employees have made just so they can pay them to do nothing until they die. No wonder people fucking hate us. Alot you you guys sound like spoiled little kids

Edited by condor

.Piss poor? Some of you people have an over inflated idea of what you're worth. For 30 year employees, all the money plus a pension and benefits? Give me a fucking break. You act like they should cover all of the piss poor financial decisons employees have made just so they can pay them to do nothing until they die. No wonder people fucking hate us. Alot you you guys sound like spoiled little kids

FUCK YOU condor!!!!!!! YES IT IS A PISS POOR BUYOUT OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!

So your saying your a salary piece of shit that thinks we do not deserve our pension? You disgust me you non working loser!!!!

So your saying your a salary piece of shit that thinks we do not deserve our pension? You disgust me you non working loser!!!!

I'm not salary I'm hourly. I just can't believe someone would say that 70,000, pension and healthcare is a piss poor deal. What other industry would give you that to retire and get paid to do nothing. Fucking cry babies. Ofcourse we deserve our pensions you fucking idiot but you're not entitled to 150 thousand or whatever you think is fair to do the company a "favor" and retire. Think about it, fool.

I agree, and it is bullsh-t. 80 years my ass, what type of coverage will the VEBA provide after 80 years. The VEBA committee is reducing the defined benefit amount on day one of them taking control! If it last 20 years they may have to put everyone on a 10/90% coverage instead of 90/10% to make it last.