The Kansas City Star Article

klutzys

just how it is you may be right no plant building trucks has matched kcap and never will

f-150 has been there since 1961 for a good reason "quality"

move the f-150 out of kcap and i will not buy another one and i may work for ford and not drive a ford

quality products are not built in michigan or ohio

top plants in north america are in missouri and kansas kcap and fairfax

in 2011 i will vote for the company fuck you assholes playing into this whipsaw bullshit UAW Detroit is a suck city it sucks from the tax payers and returns nothing

other than islamic nuts with bad underwear

:censored:

Amen Flip---If KCAP is closed I've bought my last Ford of any sort....In the 32 years I worked there the stupidest thing I was witness to was that segregated parking horseshit depending on what you drove....and to think the UAW came up with that while we had a kid in Iraq at the height of hostilities...

DTP don't need a line speed increase we build what they want at the current line rate!!!

Ok, that answered everything, last I heard DTP was at 45 JPH because they couldn't meet quality standards and having some 1400 jobs in the parking lot waiting to be repaired. I guess I heard wrong.

You just told everyone something about DTP

Lets see here DTP gets all the top quality parts Stamping,Frames,Transmissions etc

This is Funny Quality Standards are the same on all parts shipped no matter where they go

Fact is KCAP builds a better quality truck than DTP

They want KCAP gone because KCAP sets the standard for assembly plants in North America

You know anything about sheetmetal? Lets take hoods for example. There is not a day that goes by that someone with a grinder and sander at DSP has hacked up several racks full of hoods, they get set off again for us to try and repair again. There scraped before we can use them.You say quality standards are the same, your nieve. These are all the hoods DTP rejected, you think Ford will write these off, no way. They send them to us. We save there ass again. There not going to recycle them. We build the same product, is one better than the other? All I know is I have to feed my family as everyone else does, not one sole in any North American plant is better than the other, we all bust our asses to get it done. A plant closer affects everyone locally and nationwide. The job may be safe but the worker may not, no matter where you are.

• Like 1

65-67 jph is what we run off the end every hour

BULLSHIT We know how many jobs per hour you build average is 45 jobs per hour line speed at 65 per hour

They want to raise kcap to 65 jobs per hour now at 63

dtp is mass relief kcap has tag relief

kcap averages 58 jobs per hour and the funny thing is we build one hell of alot of high end models and work overtime because dtp can't build what the company wants with 300 less heads per shift

dtp is a show plant thats why the company moved trucks built at kcap to dtp to keep there lot full while people are touring during the auto shows

kcap launch team is at dtp helping get the regular cab going last word from them was this plant is a mess :banghead:

dtp you will survive and when you get off your high horse and start listening to people that know how to build high quality trucks like kcap and ktp i still won't buy one

thanks for trying to f****k us all :sos:

Edited by flipuaw164

You know anything about sheetmetal? Lets take hoods for example. There is not a day that goes by that someone with a grinder and sander at DSP has hacked up several racks full of hoods, they get set off again for us to try and repair again. There scraped before we can use them.You say quality standards are the same, your nieve. These are all the hoods DTP rejected, you think Ford will write these off, no way. They send them to us. We save there ass again. There not going to recycle them. We build the same product, is one better than the other? All I know is I have to feed my family as everyone else does, not one sole in any North American plant is better than the other, we all bust our asses to get it done. A plant closer affects everyone locally and nationwide. The job may be safe but the worker may not, no matter where you are.

kcap rejects shit everyday i know what your talking about like many parts that are within quality standards you need someone smart enough at the plant to use them and maintain high quality :shades:

so please don't make dtp look any worse than they are.... stop pretending to work at kcap

talk to someone honest at any assembly plant and they will tell you that the same thing goes on all the time

point is if dtp needs perfect parts to build a truck we all know that perfect is impossible

i'm not buying anything built there

You send your trucks up here to DTP so we can use them as test crash vehicles since DTP trucks are too good to crash up.....

i guess your the first in line to be the crash test dummy too,face it man,you come on here every day for who knows how long,talking shit you can not back up with any form of sense,you need to get away from what ever desk your at 24 7

kcap rejects shit everyday i know what your talking about like many parts that are within quality standards you need someone smart enough at the plant to use them and maintain high quality :shades:

so please don't make dtp look any worse than they are.... stop pretending to work at kcap

talk to someone honest at any assembly plant and they will tell you that the same thing goes on all the time

point is if dtp needs perfect parts to build a truck we all know that perfect is impossible

i'm not buying anything built there

Flip, Kalu does work at KC on the truck side, he use to be a door fitter on 4 line in trim, but since they reduced the number of fitters he was moved back over to body and is now on hood deck.

Don't know which dept. you work in but you could ask just about anyone down the chassis line maybe a few on 3 line nearly anyone one 4 line and a few out in 86 they could verify it since his screen name is not fictitious, it is actually the first 4 letters of his last name in which everyone calls him.

BULLSHIT We know how many jobs per hour you build average is 45 jobs per hour line speed at 65 per hour

They want to raise kcap to 65 jobs per hour now at 63

dtp is mass relief kcap has tag relief

kcap averages 58 jobs per hour and the funny thing is we build one hell of alot of high end models and work overtime because dtp can't build what the company wants with 300 less heads per shift

dtp is a show plant thats why the company moved trucks built at kcap to dtp to keep there lot full while people are touring during the auto shows

kcap launch team is at dtp helping get the regular cab going last word from them was this plant is a mess :banghead:

dtp you will survive and when you get off your high horse and start listening to people that know how to build high quality trucks like kcap and ktp i still won't buy one

thanks for trying to f****k us all :sos:

WHATEVER....I work on the end of chassis line 7! I drive them off everyday, all day! Call me a liar.....FUCK YOU! Between 65-67 units come off the end every hour! Sure we may bump or run a gap from time to time but on average were right on target!

Funny thing I've not seen anyone from the kcap launch team???????? WEIRD!

As far as building "QUALITY" trucks, I'm from NAP and f150's is all I've built for 16 yrs so don't try blowin smoke up my ass pal! Quailty vs $$$$$.............$$$$$$ will win everytime!

Edited by Bigcountry
  • Like 1

WHATEVER....I work on the end of chassis line 7! I drive them off everyday, all day! Call me a liar.....FUCK YOU! Between 65-67 units come off the end every hour! Sure we may bump or run a gap from time to time but on average were right on target!

As far as building "QUALITY" trucks, I'm from NAP and f150's is all I've built for 16 yrs so don't try blowin smoke up my ass pal! Quailty vs $$$$$.............$$$$$$ will win everytime!

We build 65 an hour here at dtp...you guys a Kc have all these little myths about Dtp...

• Like 1

BINGO $$$$$$ only! Ford doesn't care who's the best, they play us against one another and you guys fall right into their hands. We call ourselves brothers and sisters, what a Joke! I sure both plants are doing the best job that management allows us to do! No matter what happens, I hope all of us are winners at the end of the day.

• Like 2

Flip, Kalu does work at KC on the truck side, he use to be a door fitter on 4 line in trim, but since they reduced the number of fitters he was moved back over to body and is now on hood deck.

Don't know which dept. you work in but you could ask just about anyone down the chassis line maybe a few on 3 line nearly anyone one 4 line and a few out in 86 they could verify it since his screen name is not fictitious, it is actually the first 4 letters of his last name in which everyone calls him.

Thanks for the clarification 4rd4life. :hyper:

I'm calling you a liar because I know your line speeds any moron with access to a company computer knows what is being built there

So DTP get off your high horse and get real build quality instead of quanity and launch team members from KCAP are there trying to help get the regular cab going and

I bought 3 trucks built in NAP and had no problems thank you

NAP was closed do to its location sad but true

I will not buy a truck built in a show plant lines run yeah and quality is poor

So DTP go hump someone elses leg saying your the best when your not even playing in the same league "rookies"

Thanks for the clarification 4rd4life. :hyper:

wrong we have never had or do we now have door fitters in trim :hysterical:

thats done in chassis

only fitter we had in trim was tailgate fit that job has been gone since they put the striker machine in a couple of years ago

Edited by flipuaw164

wrong we have never had or do we now have door fitters in trim :hysterical:

thats done in chassis

only fitter we had in trim was tailgate fit that job has been gone since they put the striker machine in a couple of years ago

Filp we have had door fitters on 4 line in trim since PN96, I know this because I use to be their relief man, I had 2 door fitters on the end of 4 line, ( until Tom Laneve eliminated them about 6 months ago) 2 on chassis by battery install, 1 hood and 1 tailgate fitter on the end of chassis, and 1 fit repair in dept. 86. until I took another job.

As far as the tailgate fitter, Marvin hasn't been on the box line in trim since the launch of the 04.

I'm calling you a liar because I know your line speeds any moron with access to a company computer knows what is being built there

So DTP get off your high horse and get real build quality instead of quanity and launch team members from KCAP are there trying to help get the regular cab going and

I bought 3 trucks built in NAP and had no problems thank you

NAP was closed do to its location sad but true

I will not buy a truck built in a show plant lines run yeah and quality is poor ter

So DTP go hump someone elses leg saying your the best when your not even playing in the same league "rookies"

You are talking out your ass! If you know what our line speed is......then you know its 61 (NOT 45) units an hour....right, right! So stop tryin to stir up shit!

High horse???????? From what I hear "your" launch team couldn't pull a greased string out of a hogs ass!

Doesn't matter what "league" yer playin' in if the game is fixed! Don't feel bad I'm still bitter myself!

You are talking out your ass! If you know what our line speed is......then you know its 61 (NOT 45) units an hour....right, right! So stop tryin to stir up shit!

High horse???????? From what I hear "your" launch team couldn't pull a greased string out of a hogs ass!

Doesn't matter what "league" yer playin' in if the game is fixed! Don't feel bad I'm still bitter myself!

naw i'm going to stir it because everyone seems to hate kcap ?

why ?

Filp we have had door fitters on 4 line in trim since PN96, I know this because I use to be their relief man, I had 2 door fitters on the end of 4 line, ( until Tom Laneve eliminated them about 6 months ago) 2 on chassis by battery install, 1 hood and 1 tailgate fitter on the end of chassis, and 1 fit repair in dept. 86. until I took another job.

As far as the tailgate fitter, Marvin hasn't been on the box line in trim since the launch of the 04.

i hired in on the box line in 1994 and was there until 2006 don't remember anyone named marvin on tailgate fit

went to ho lo i do know the trim shop well and there was know fitters at the end of line 4

if inspection/repair was fitting i sure hate it because all i ever seen them old fucks do was sit and bitch

i hired in on the box line in 1994 and was there until 2006 don't remember anyone named marvin on tailgate fit

went to ho lo i do know the trim shop well and there was know fitters at the end of line 4

if inspection/repair was fitting i sure hate it because all i ever seen them old fucks do was sit and bitch

Marvin still on tailgate fit right at end on chassis, hood fitter there also, name is Jammer. Johnson on LH door fit chassis, Attigliato on RH door fit chassis. 4 line fitters left 7 months ago, reduction . Maybe your memory is gone, sounds long term, may want to get it checked out. All these guys except Jammer, (came from SLAP) been there several years. Sure you work at KCAP? :ohsnap: Damn this is really bothering you, 4rd4life set it straight, you still don't get it. :finger:

If your on a hi-lo ask your committeeman about door fitters on 4 line when he was driving and would get loaned out to trim he would stop by and see me if I was relieving the guys over there, after all we go way back I have known him for 41 years and the funny thing is thats how old he is also.

LOL, dude you crack me up! Who hates kcap? Hell, I love Kcap....Never been there but maybe one day I'll buzz through that state!

Bigcountry, if your ever in the area give me a holler I'm sure we could hook you up with a grand tour of KCAP, and I'm sure there will be some faces you'll recognize there from NAP and maybe a few you don't want to see but it's all good.

If your on a hi-lo ask your committeeman about door fitters on 4 line when he was driving and would get loaned out to trim he would stop by and see me if I was relieving the guys over there, after all we go way back I have known him for 41 years and the funny thing is thats how old he is also.

4rd4life, this guy is dense. :hysterical::redcard: :reading:

Bigcountry, if your ever in the area give me a holler I'm sure we could hook you up with a grand tour of KCAP, and I'm sure there will be some faces you'll recognize there from NAP and maybe a few you don't want to see but it's all good.

10-4, It might be this summer...thinkin about road trippin' out to Montana!

DTP builds nothing but high Quality trucks.....When the NAP people got to DTP we all showed them the correct way to build a F-150......Now we are all one big happy family who churns out The Best FORD F-150 Trucks!!!!!

KCAP you guys could learn a thing or two if you would let us DTP employees come out to your plant and show you how to really build a truck!!!

DTP Takes Pride in Every Truck Built!!!!

General how bout you have a nice big cup of " Shut The F__k Up"

Here's the deal- aren't you all sick of the fighting between the plants? All I see here is "DTP won't ever close because we are the chosen ones." Bull crap- if Ford sees fit, they will close DTP. KCAP, LAP and whoever they can to save a buck.

No one is safe. My uncle works at the glass house in Detroit and he said, "if DTP has the best plant with the best equipment, let's bring the veteran workers from KCAP." In other words, he hopes to keep DTP open with KCAP workforce. That is a screwed up deal and NO ONE WINS.

Move forward people and stop the bullshit.