Romeo Trades Overtime

Here in Romeo at Local 400 under the great and all powerful Randy we as tradesman have given up on our union to enforce the contract. The contract language states that we are to maintain a 56 hour overtime spread between the three area groups. Once the 56 hour threshhold is met the company is to supplement a group by going outside that group to the next lowest hour trade on the plantwide list. We have a particuliar group with people at 200 hours working while people with 70-90- hours are sitting at home on the weekends. It appears that the company tells Randy their interpretation of the contract and he says ok. What a joke. I've seen him and bitched at him and he says he'll correct the situation only to come in the next day to find everything exactly the same. I think he is in bed with the company. This is by far the weakest local I've been associated with. Even my supervisor says "I could tell you to do anything and what are you going to do? Call your Committeeman?" It is a sad state here when management knows they can do anything they want and Randy and Ellison won't do anything!!! It is so discouraging especially because we are paying for this unrepresentation!

Here in Romeo at Local 400 under the great and all powerful Randy we as tradesman have given up on our union to enforce the contract. The contract language states that we are to maintain a 56 hour overtime spread between the three area groups. Once the 56 hour threshhold is met the company is to supplement a group by going outside that group to the next lowest hour trade on the plantwide list. We have a particuliar group with people at 200 hours working while people with 70-90- hours are sitting at home on the weekends. It appears that the company tells Randy their interpretation of the contract and he says ok. What a joke. I've seen him and bitched at him and he says he'll correct the situation only to come in the next day to find everything exactly the same. I think he is in bed with the company. This is by far the weakest local I've been associated with. Even my supervisor says "I could tell you to do anything and what are you going to do? Call your Committeeman?" It is a sad state here when management knows they can do anything they want and Randy and Ellison won't do anything!!! It is so discouraging especially because we are paying for this unrepresentation!

Is randy or ellison the skilled trades rep ? How come the Romeo trades rep can’t handle the problem? There 800 production that has no OT problems! I can tell you why he can’t handle it, because he to busy taking care of that small circle of trades that’s in his ear an his buddy’s …… this is how I understand it ,the schedule comes out on Tuesday right so by the last hr of work on Thursday is when u have to answer FOR WEEKEND WORK YOUR ALLOWED A FRIENDLY FACE IN YOUR OWNE DEPT BY LOW HRS ,THEN YOU GO OFF THE MASTER OT LIST TO GET THE REST.. But your skilled trades rep decides to change the rules each week to favor his friends an when he gets bitch at its goo see randy he fuck up!!!!!!! The skilled trades rep is the one leaving the low hr folks home an getting the spread out of whack hell you can’t grieve something a skilled trades rep agrees to. Ask Jim Clark he was low hrs and the skilled trade’s rep told the company to keep him home an use the high hr guy. The problem is you have 2 people up there in the union office with there own agendas an all that does is hurt the membership because both are not enforcing the contract there just going around stirring shit up

Is randy or ellison the skilled trades rep ? How come the Romeo trades rep can’t handle the problem? There 800 production that has no OT problems! I can tell you why he can’t handle it, because he to busy taking care of that small circle of trades that’s in his ear an his buddy’s …… this is how I understand it ,the schedule comes out on Tuesday right so by the last hr of work on Thursday is when u have to answer FOR WEEKEND WORK YOUR ALLOWED A FRIENDLY FACE IN YOUR OWNE DEPT BY LOW HRS ,THEN YOU GO OFF THE MASTER OT LIST TO GET THE REST.. But your skilled trades rep decides to change the rules each week to favor his friends an when he gets bitch at its goo see randy he fuck up!!!!!!! The skilled trades rep is the one leaving the low hr folks home an getting the spread out of whack hell you can’t grieve something a skilled trades rep agrees to. Ask Jim Clark he was low hrs and the skilled trade’s rep told the company to keep him home an use the high hr guy. The problem is you have 2 people up there in the union office with there own agendas an all that does is hurt the membership because both are not enforcing the contract there just going around stirring shit up

I agree, but more importantly, why in the fk are they working OT while there are trades on the East Side on ILO! Make them put on the 3rd crew!

I'd rather have Randy up there than J.V.. Trades are allways crying about something, usually its having to do thier job. If the contract is that cut and dry I would call Regional since it seems that Brad won't do his job. If we get a new engine the tradesmen can go back to working 7 12's and living beyond thier means.

Seems that the Trades DO file grievances.... but Randy just throws them out.

Trades and Production are different ... condor. Hence SKILLED trades.

When is the last time you called an engine associate to wire a panel? Or make a lift? Or fix a machine? Or stop a hydraulic leak.? Oh.. ya don't !! Are EA's allowed to get any higher of the floor then 3 feet.. ??

It makes more sense ... for SKILLED Trades to have their OWN contract.

Besides, that way it wouldn't be so difficult for Randy to keep it all straight.

I agree, but more importantly, why in the fk are they working OT while there are trades on the East Side on ILO! Make them put on the 3rd crew!

To make it even worse, the ILOs are not only in zone, but from that very same Local! They also have trades on the line there too.

Does any one know if roncelli is still doing work there?

I find any discussion of overtime, or lack of it, while there are trades on ILO in the same fucking zone to be utterly reprehensible.

Some of the eastside trades have recently exhausted their TAP and others are close to doing so. Meanwhile the whinig continues about lack of OT for those of you fortunate to be employed at a plant that is still open. Well boo-fucking-hoo!!

What CommonSenseAlwaysWorks described about the temps at Sterlling is spot on. I will also add that all temporary trades were offered to work 8 hours one Saturday. There were some Sterling trades who were pissed off at this decision because they felt if Saturday were only offered to them that they could have perhaps worked 10 or 12 hours that day instead of the 8 hours being offered to everyone. Some of them were the same two-faced fucks who were telling the temps that they were happy to have them at Sterling yet were the most vocal in trying to keep them from working there in the first place. I'm ashamed to say that I am in the same union as any piece of shit with this type of mentality.

I hope the 13 day letter is enforced and everyone works themselves to the point of exhaustion. Perhaps then and only then, some of these plants (the same plants fighting to keep the ILOed trades out of their precious plant) will have no choice but to put up postings for permanent positions.

Edited by The_Angry_Millwright

Are these the same guys you defended for making $150k+ a year with overtime a couple of years ago while other peoples plants were closing and had nowhere to go?

Realitycheck316 which one of Randy N's crooneys are you? Solina? Candela? Webb?Herrick? Schultz? Guterez? or Sorgi? I mean, you couldn't be more pro Randy then if you were him speaking yourself! I mean every time you post it's Randy's the greatest thing since sliced bread and it couldn't be further from the truth! Fact is the company is running rampant they do whatever they want and let Randy appoint one of his buddies to a job and he keeps his mouth shut. I understand that there is a new appointment for a part time person to help Amy out in the learning center 3 days a week.... wow where was the posting? Guess who he picked? Amy's sister, unbelievable...!!!!! Another example of the BS that continues since this guy has taken over!

Realitycheck316 which one of Randy N's crooneys are you? Solina? Candela? Webb?Herrick? Schultz? Guterez? or Sorgi? I mean, you couldn't be more pro Randy then if you were him speaking yourself! I mean every time you post it's Randy's the greatest thing since sliced bread and it couldn't be further from the truth! Fact is the company is running rampant they do whatever they want and let Randy appoint one of his buddies to a job and he keeps his mouth shut. I understand that there is a new appointment for a part time person to help Amy out in the learning center 3 days a week.... wow where was the posting? Guess who he picked? Amy's sister, unbelievable...!!!!! Another example of the BS that continues since this guy has taken over!

Here we go, I am a fan or supporter of a good TEAM an aside from 2 people, they have that upstairs. Who cares about a learning center job !! hell, she has not even been out there. According to local contract DOES not have to be posted she just helping out. Every chairmen has appointed people Dave did Johnny did hell he had to low sonority working the Christmas party 3 year ago but uuuuuuuuuu are ok with that because those were your friends. The company not running rampant like it did in the PAST I don’t see a pilot program being done in machining were trades were corrd.

Here we go, I am a fan or supporter of a good TEAM an aside from 2 people, they have that upstairs. Who cares about a learning center job !! hell, she has not even been out there. According to local contract DOES not have to be posted she just helping out. Every chairmen has appointed people Dave did Johnny did hell he had to low sonority working the Christmas party 3 year ago but uuuuuuuuuu are ok with that because those were your friends. The company not running rampant like it did in the PAST I don’t see a pilot program being done in machining were trades were corrd.

A Good Team???? What have they done besides team up against the membership? Really what has been accomplished since Randy has taken over? Nothing...you really are living out there in the land of Oz....I mean you and the other people upstairs(the so called team) are the only ones that think everything is great, so it is quite obvious that you are one of the team.....that being said you think it's great but you are only one of a few that does.....I think you guys upstairs will all be surprised come delegate election time....because the reality is that people what a completely new team....they are tired of the BS!

Seems that the Trades DO file grievances.... but Randy just throws them out.

Trades and Production are different ... condor. Hence SKILLED trades.

When is the last time you called an engine associate to wire a panel? Or make a lift? Or fix a machine? Or stop a hydraulic leak.? Oh.. ya don't !! Are EA's allowed to get any higher of the floor then 3 feet.. ??

It makes more sense ... for SKILLED Trades to have their OWN contract.

Besides, that way it wouldn't be so difficult for Randy to keep it all straight.

The only difference between us and production is our performance on one test on a given day, don't get to puffed up.

A Good Team???? What have they done besides team up against the membership? Really what has been accomplished since Randy has taken over? Nothing...you really are living out there in the land of Oz....I mean you and the other people upstairs(the so called team) are the only ones that think everything is great, so it is quite obvious that you are one of the team.....that being said you think it's great but you are only one of a few that does.....I think you guys upstairs will all be surprised come delegate election time....because the reality is that people what a completely new team....they are tired of the BS!

You will always be unhappy be glade you got a job!!! You are all over the place with your blogs Team up against the membership??? nooooo you got one dayshift committee person going around an telling the membership what they want to hear, ohhhhhh wait, I mean going around an talking only to the Utica folks because the Romeo ones are sick of the lies an the games that he telling. Out of all your rambling you think about this Dave had a good run then he lost. The company seen the opportunity during the change to Johnny a boom we had an ILO folks went to flat rock some never got to work anywhere. over his term he got those members back, people wanted to change again in comes Newsome the sameeeeeee thing the company took advantage, now we are in the running for new work, we are not on the closing list, There is good contacts being made at Dearborn that’s what he doing !!! trying to sell the plant and its membership and it must be working because gone are the rumors of Romeo closing an now you hear we getting this engine or that engine The membership need to think about keeping one team up there an not listen to some little brat tell his sob story about no one working with him.. the truth is he out for himself, not the membership. Go back, read his campaign letter he says and I quote I COULD NOT STAND AROUND WATCH THE MEMBERSHIP SUFFER.. he was appointed he had a voice to help, He could have mention what some of the issues were to the committee BUT what did he doo, nothing said nothing. Oh he did do something he signed up to transfer to Vandyke, wow that’s a person who cares..

'REALITYCHECK is clearly in "Randy-Land".. just like any one of those committee room chameleons up there who would change their loyalties to WHOMEVER the Puppet Master is.

Just like Company management.. UAW leadership must now lead in bad times.. AND THEY DON'T KNOW HOW!! They are to busy covering their ass, their friends and families ass and positioning themselves into lucrative positions.. oh yeah.. the membership? Screw the membership....

What the heck are we paying for?

REALITYCHECK..Funny how that word "Team" gets thrown around... it only gets pulled out only when it suits someone's agenda. ..

huh? REALITYCHECK? Whose's reality is it anyway?

Funny how bad times bring out the REAL caliber of our union brothers and sisters....

Yep.. I'll bet Randy is making a REAL statement in Dearborn representing Romeo to get new work for the plant......

Edited by ldf

Oh, Oh...... Suzie Sux closer to the parking lot. Drop yer socks and grab yer.......!

Somethings Don't change

Somethings Don't change

Just out of curiosity, what exactly has Randy done wrong? I agree, supporting the last round of contract mods was a bad idea, but what else? Bitch about the trades agreement all you want, but Brad gave it his blessing so Randy ran with it. I didn't agree with all of his appointments either, but he is the chairman and so far everything has worked out.

So tell me, what exactly has he done wrong? We're working, everyone has gotten their jobs back, we've brought brothers and sisters in from other plants, we have at least one new engine program and I am willing to put money on this, another one in the works. Is this all his doing? Not necessarily, but he is a part of the plant leadership and things have gotten better since he has been chairman.

There are always going to be individual gripes, but you make it sound like everyone hates him. Dare I ask, do you have your own politcal agenda?

Edited by local400future

Somethings Don't change

XFACTOR.. Some things don't change? Well why the HELL NOT..? The membership needs to grow some spine and draw the line... the UAW contract is being broken, twisted and interpreted by plant management... and Randy's good with that as long as he benefits... and we're not supposed to notice. ...

Company's got ZERO tolerance... ZERO MEANS ZERO.... so how come we give THEM carte blanche with our contract? Cooperation is good, to a point, but how come it costs the membership so much ......

How come we're getting that "be glad you got a job" crap? OF Course we're thankful we have a job.... but this is business.. NOT CHARITY.

LOCAL400FUTURE...There are always going to be individual gripes, but you make it sound like everyone hates him. Dare I ask, do you have your own politcal agenda?

Hate is a strong word..DISGUSTED...is more accurate.

There are alot of "political agenda's" flying around ...that much is obvious.. including YOUR own LOCAL400FUTURE...

Edited by ldf

I find any discussion of overtime, or lack of it, while there are trades on ILO in the same fucking zone to be utterly reprehensible.

Some of the eastside trades have recently exhausted their TAP and others are close to doing so. Meanwhile the whinig continues about lack of OT for those of you fortunate to be employed at a plant that is still open. Well boo-fucking-hoo!!

What CommonSenseAlwaysWorks described about the temps at Sterlling is spot on. I will also add that all temporary trades were offered to work 8 hours one Saturday. There were some Sterling trades who were pissed off at this decision because they felt if Saturday were only offered to them that they could have perhaps worked 10 or 12 hours that day instead of the 8 hours being offered to everyone. Some of them were the same two-faced fucks who were telling the temps that they were happy to have them at Sterling yet were the most vocal in trying to keep them from working there in the first place. I'm ashamed to say that I am in the same union as any piece of shit with this type of mentality.

I hope the 13 day letter is enforced and everyone works themselves to the point of exhaustion. Perhaps then and only then, some of these plants (the same plants fighting to keep the ILOed trades out of their precious plant) will have no choice but to put up postings for permanent positions.

I can understand your frustration and you have every right to feel this way. While it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch, you must know that not all Sterling trades feel this way. I cannot speak for all, but some of us genuinely wanted the 400 guys to become permanent trades.

I also believe that this display of greed would be prominent at any other plant given the same situation.

There is a meeting later this week regarding requisitions for Millwrights. If you are one of those that assumed a production job, you will be first in line.

I, for one hope this happens. All 400 trades that I have dealt with have displayed professionalism and seemed to be all good people.

Good luck to you.

I can understand your frustration and you have every right to feel this way. While it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch, you must know that not all Sterling trades feel this way. I cannot speak for all, but some of us genuinely wanted the 400 guys to become permanent trades.

I also believe that this display of greed would be prominent at any other plant given the same situation.

There is a meeting later this week regarding requisitions for Millwrights. If you are one of those that assumed a production job, you will be first in line.

I, for one hope this happens. All 400 trades that I have dealt with have displayed professionalism and seemed to be all good people.

Good luck to you.

"I also believe that this display of greed would be prominent at any other plant given the same situation"

Well thats not the way its working with the temps at saline. They were put right in the overtime rotation like anyone else. You can not say we need help with these projects Monday through Friday but we dont need you on the weekend. Its totally shameless and pathetic the way the trades were treated as far a OT agreement was handled at sterling.