local249

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the latest info on trades only 27 signed up. dont know the numbers for all trades but 8 pipefitters will be here for july shut down good luck to all. i think all production that wants to come will.

is the sign up over ? when will your plant post the final list?

is the sign up over ? when will your plant post the final list?

sign up is over at 5 pm tonight. I no last night I was told only 460 was the number with both skilled trades and production. People have the right to back out up until the last day of work. Good luck to all...

sign up is over at 5 pm tonight. I no last night I was told only 460 was the number with both skilled trades and production. People have the right to back out up until the last day of work. Good luck to all...

Have they announced a last day of work, or is it July shutdown?

6-01-2006 last day. trades update inspector tooling 3 cementfinisher 1 boilerhand 2 carpenter 2 electrician 6 welder 1 millwright 2 pipefitter 8 toolmaker 4 here are the final counts.

have they posted these numbers for trades or is this just a rumor?

At 3 pm the number jumped to 690 to take buy-outs.

have they posted these numbers for trades or is this just a rumor?

it is what i was told good source though. i might have the pipefitters ans the electricians mixed up but the others should be right. good luck to all skilled trades. only a few will end up in kc.maybe ford will get you to a different plant. goodluck and god bless

Yea my committeeman told me over 600 signed up today but ya gotta assume 1/8-1/4 of those people will get cold feet when it comes down to signing on the dotted line. I can't wait I'd sign tomorrow if I could. :bandance: :happy feet:

final number for buy-outs was 706 that includes both skill trades and production number. I have also heard that only 600 are going to get packages. good luck to all.. :bandance:

I sure wish people would stop posting information on here that is incorrect. As of Tuesday night there were 28 tradesman signed up. The list looked something like this.

Toolmaker 3, Pipefitter 6, Elecrician 9, Cement Finisher 1, Layout inspector 2?, Millwright 4, Housepainter, 1, Carpenter 1, and there was one employee that I was unsure of his/her classification and didn't look it up. That being said the total number of trades that signed up since last night was an additional 13 to bring the toatal to 41. I don't have the breakdown of their trade yet but should have it shortly. The total # of the production that signed up I believe was 633. Don't hold me to that number but it is very close. Good Luck to all.

I sure wish people would stop posting information on here that is incorrect. As of Tuesday night there were 28 tradesman signed up. The list looked something like this.

Toolmaker 3, Pipefitter 6, Elecrician 9, Cement Finisher 1, Layout inspector 2?, Millwright 4, Housepainter, 1, Carpenter 1, and there was one employee that I was unsure of his/her classification and didn't look it up. That being said the total number of trades that signed up since last night was an additional 13 to bring the toatal to 41. I don't have the breakdown of their trade yet but should have it shortly. The total # of the production that signed up I believe was 633. Don't hold me to that number but it is very close. Good Luck to all.

If anyone can tell if the Pipefitter that does A/C took a package that would be very helpful. In KC right now trying to narrow down schools. Thanks

If anyone can tell if the Pipefitter that does A/C took a package that would be very helpful. In KC right now trying to narrow down schools. Thanks

The list has been completed for the sign ups. The final number was 673. This number will change as the Company goes through the list as to who is eligibe. I know they have already found 2 that signed that were not eligible for the package they signed for.

I will give you the numbers as far as Skilled Trades. 7 Pipefitters, 2 Painters, 1 Small Tool, 5 Millwrights, 1 Power House, 1 Welder, 14 Electricians, 1 Carpenter, 1 Toolmaker App., 4 Toolmakers, 2 Tooling and Layout, and 1 Cement Finisher. This is a total of 40 but the Company claims they have to many in some of the Trades so they will not be replacing the people on a 1 for 1 basis.

As far as the AC guy he did not sign up to go.

There were 633 Production people that signed up for the different packages. With this number, I am sure that all of the Production people from St. Louis will get the opportunity to transfer. The Company plans to get 150 people out by July 1. Then the tentative plan is to start bringing in St. Louis people July 26. Like I said tentative. Things could change depending on getting the 150 out July 1. The Company is saying that it may be the end of the year before they can get all the people out that are accepting a package.

The list has been completed for the sign ups. The final number was 673. This number will change as the Company goes through the list as to who is eligibe. I know they have already found 2 that signed that were not eligible for the package they signed for.

I will give you the numbers as far as Skilled Trades. 7 Pipefitters, 2 Painters, 1 Small Tool, 5 Millwrights, 1 Power House, 1 Welder, 14 Electricians, 1 Carpenter, 1 Toolmaker App., 4 Toolmakers, 2 Tooling and Layout, and 1 Cement Finisher. This is a total of 40 but the Company claims they have to many in some of the Trades so they will not be replacing the people on a 1 for 1 basis.

There were 633 Production people that signed up for the different packages. With this number, I am sure that all of the Production people from St. Louis will get the opportunity to transfer. The Company plans to get 150 people out by July 1. Then the tentative plan is to start bringing in St. Louis people July 26. Like I said tentative. Things could change depending on getting the 150 out July 1. The Company is saying that it may be the end of the year before they can get all the people out that are accepting a package.

Thanks for the up-date, hope to hear something on this side of the state before the end of the month. I guess it is time to get some moving box's. :rockon:

Ok. Thanks for the info.... Couple of ?'s though. How will you no if you got a buy-out? How will you no when or what month your going out? Are they giving people time to prepare for this? How can you line up another job with-out dates and time when your gonna be released from Ford? When can we except to hear this info? I thought they were going to let 50 people go a week. What happened to this deal? Now it's gonna be a monthly thing? Correct? I heard there is a list out already. Is there any truth to this rumor? Thanks for any help....

Thanks Redman. Do you have any idea what the seniority is looking like? I have 94 seniority and was curious where I might be on the list

I can't check on where you are on the list. Each department has a list in seniority order. The Superintendent and Area Manager are putting dates on each employee in their department as to when they will be released. Some people with less time could go before a senior person, depending on getting some trained on the job. The Company has committed to go by seniority as much as possibe. If you have an SPC and a BOC, it will take a lot more training for the SPC job. The Committeepersons should be meeting with the Superintendent to work out the dates for different people to be released.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how many people they are actually taking. I know I've heard so many rumors about it, so you really don't know what to believe. I already know my number on the departmental list. From previous posts it sounds like they are going by department? Thanks to anyone who can fill me in.