local249

I called to check on this and have been told by a union official at SLAP that this is not the case and the number of electricians going is 11 as of Friday. I trust this person and have known him for a while.

I checked some more and skilledford worker is right. There were deals made to increase the piefitters

at the expense of the other trades. There will not be very many trades going to KC.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave KC,

You ahd this same surgery as I did on Wendesday, how long did you have to have this drain in your arm, or did you have one at all? I have a tube coming out of my left arm draining into a plastice bulb that I (my wife) have to empty every 4 hours and keep a record of how much is draining out.

The doctor took the drain out before I left the surgery center. I will tell you this, it is a long recovery process when they do that type of surgery. Physical therapy out the ass!! The problems that I used to have, dead arm in the morning, problems driving, stuff like that are gone. I just learned a new job and the soreness in my right elbow region took ALOT longer to go away. Hope this helps. Just out of curiosity, how many Slappers stayed on layoff, gen pool?

The doctor took the drain out before I left the surgery center. I will tell you this, it is a long recovery process when they do that type of surgery. Physical therapy out the ass!! The problems that I used to have, dead arm in the morning, problems driving, stuff like that are gone. I just learned a new job and the soreness in my right elbow region took ALOT longer to go away. Hope this helps. Just out of curiosity, how many Slappers stayed on layoff, gen pool?

I THINK we have ABOUT 450 that are either in gen or collecting sub.

maybe a couple hundred if we ever get this transfer thing completed. just a guess, less than 200. dont know cuse of the trades.

Got the drain out today, after 3 days, thank God, real therapy starts Tuesday, twice per week.

I had heard that there will be about 200 of us left if all the transfers go through. I also heard that the facility where the GEN pool is located has been bought out for redevelopment and FoMoCo will have to find a new home for the GEN pool. Maybe we will end up back at the plant since it is only gathering dust anyway.

And where did you get this info? It didn't come from the union meeting. By the way, didn't see you there.

Twincam,

Thanks again for the tents and good luck in KC. I will be attending school in Overland Park KS in August through September so I may stop by and see you, and any other SLAPer's, while I'm there to see how you all are doing. If that is okay. Here I just invite myself over without asking first, damn I'm rude.

heard all skilled trades from slap and about 30 production is first wave to KC july 17

Maybe all trades that will go have been notified but certainly not ALL that signed up, and some will be going as soon as July 3. "Rumor" is some production may know dates this week but nothing official. :finger:

Maybe all trades that will go have been notified but certainly not ALL that signed up, and some will be going as soon as July 3. "Rumor" is some production may know dates this week but nothing official. :finger:

oooops, and let's not forget the Ford trained trade's that went to school and apprenticed for 4+ years that are choosing to go back to production even though they have more seniority than many trades in the system. They too still wait for move dates. Still just happy and hopeful to be part of the Ford system. :bowdown:

Twincam,

Thanks again for the tents and good luck in KC. I will be attending school in Overland Park KS in August through September so I may stop by and see you, and any other SLAPer's, while I'm there to see how you all are doing. If that is okay. Here I just invite myself over without asking first, damn I'm rude.

Glad I could help you out, Captain. You are more than welcome to swing by while you're there to tip back a couple. :beerchug:

I expect more info will be coming this week now that everyone is back from Vegas. It sounds like it's going to be a slow process to get everyone who is going to KCAP. I already bought a house and am moving at the end of this month. Looks like I'll still have plenty of time to get it fixed up the way I want and be able to enjoy the pool for awhile before having to report. :bandance:

Twincam,

What school? I'll be attending the NARS class in the Fall. I found out today I get to go Sept 1. I heard they're gonna post the lists on a month by month basis

man thats a good one since more trades in kc have backed out 2 more pipefitters and electricians cant take a spot that ain't there.

I've been keeping up on all of the talk going on for a while now. I am a little confused on how people can back out of the package they have singed up for. The Local 249 web page stated back in May that May 18th - May 31st there would be package sign ups and to be sure this is what you want because the packages were "irrevocable". How would Ford get thier final numbers if every now and then someone decides to back out of their package they chose to take? :shrug:

We are all going crazy here. What I gather on the Local 249 web page. KCAP will be taking all of those from the SLAP production line and I'm unclear about skilled trades. But according to our union, they know nothing??? :doh:

Have they posted a list for Sept. 1st or is this just a rumor that u get to go Sept.1st? Also didn't u say u had 94 seniority? Just curious. :huh:

I have a good friend in the union who showed me where I was on the list and I go Sept 1 but the Sept-Oct list probably won't be out til July after we come back from shutdown, and yes I have Jan 94 seniority

I have a good friend in the union who showed me where I was on the list and I go Sept 1 but the Sept-Oct list probably won't be out til July after we come back from shutdown, and yes I have Jan 94 seniority

If they have a list showing your "out dates", any idea as to any of our "in dates" or when the first SLAP people will be coming? Sounds like right now that only the "excess" people on roll are getting exit dates.

With all the union folks back from Vegas now, our union leaders are expecting some more detailed info this week.

No, we've heard some skilled trades would be here by shutdown since most of our skilled trades are scheduled to work during down time. As for production I've just heard after shutdown that St. Louis people would start coming. Nothing official/posted though :shrug:

No, we've heard some skilled trades would be here by shutdown since most of our skilled trades are scheduled to work during down time. As for production I've just heard after shutdown that St. Louis people would start coming. Nothing official/posted though :shrug:

Thanks for the up-date, we are starting to get impatient on this side of the state. :rockon:

What school? I'll be attending the NARS class in the Fall. I found out today I get to go Sept 1. I heard they're gonna post the lists on a month by month basis

NARS, Locomotive Electrical Training Program. August 21 through September 15, 2006. I am awaiting a response from the ETAP office to see if they will pay for it otherwise I may not be going anywhere unless I can scronge up the money. The only other thing is lodging, they sent me a whole list of places but I am going to tap on my uncle's shoulder to see if he will be in town and let me stay with him, I am waiting for that though until I see how funding unfolds.

This is thanks to your post about the program. I was thinking about the railraod industry when I seen your post about your brother and your plans. Thanks to your PM's I contacted them and they sent me an enrollment package. They just contacted me last week and wanted a copy of my resume' to send to a company here in STL that is hiring and was interested in me from just my education that I sent with my first contact. I thought I would start now while I still have time left on this contract, this will allow me to pick and chose and not have to jump on the first train that comes by. :lol:

I have to say that this NAFTA superhighway thing peaked my curiosity since I have decided to pursue the transportation field and get out of the manufacturing. If there are still people here to buy the products, they have to get into the country somehow. Not that I am happy about the "sucking sound" of jobs leaving the country but self preservation has kicked in and I going to follow the job market that hopefully will let me stay with my kids here in STL as well as pursue what I took the FoMoCo job to do in the beginning, maintanence electrical work.

Hopefully I will see you there.

Edited by Captamrica

NARS, Locomotive Electrical Training Program. August 21 through September 15, 2006. I am awaiting a response from the ETAP office to see if they will pay for it otherwise I may not be going anywhere unless I can scronge up the money. The only other thing is lodging, they sent me a whole list of places but I am going to tap on my uncle's shoulder to see if he will be in town and let me stay with him, I am waiting for that though until I see how funding unfolds.

This is thanks to your post about the program. I was thinking about the railraod industry when I seen your post about your brother and your plans. Thanks to your PM's I contacted them and they sent me an enrollment package. They just contacted me last week and wanted a copy of my resume' to send to a company here in STL that is hiring and was interested in me from just my education that I sent with my first contact. I thought I would start now while I still have time left on this contract, this will allow me to pick and chose and not have to jump on the first train that comes by. :lol:

I have to say that this NAFTA superhighway thing peaked my curiosity since I have decided to pursue the transportation field and get out of the manufacturing. If there are still people here to buy the products, they have to get into the country somehow. Not that I am happy about the "sucking sound" of jobs leaving the country but self preservation has kicked in and I going to follow the job market that hopefully will let me stay with my kids here in STL as well as pursue what I took the FoMoCo job to do in the beginning, maintanence electrical work.

Hopefully I will see you there.

Thats awesome. I hope it works out for you. If ya need anything let me know and I'll do my best to help ya out. If I get my check before Sept 18th I'll be going to the Sept 18 NARS conductor class, if not I'll have to wait til the Oct class. Don't hesitate to contact me for anything :cool:

Take care.

I asked the union today if they had a list and was told no.. that the company has one put together but, the union has not approved it... Said it's just rumors.. They have not even agreed on a number to let go on the buy-outs yet... :shrug:

I believe that they haven't agreed on the amount to let go yet but I do believe they have a list but to avoid the crybabies they are posting it month by month. I've personally seen the complete list but thats not to say it won't be modified here n there

I believe that they haven't agreed on the amount to let go yet but I do believe they have a list but to avoid the crybabies they are posting it month by month. I've personally seen the complete list but thats not to say it won't be modified here n there

Cool Check your PM's for cool.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :bandance: :bandance: