Spy shots of new 5.0 S/C FPV

After breaking news of a supercharged FPV in June, 2009, Pavle.com.au photographers have snapped the next installment in FPV’s feisty line-up. Either that or it’s the lead vehicle in Back to the Future IV.

It’s common knowledge that FPV will ditch the BOSS V8 in July this year due to emissions regulations (read more here). In place of the well-served BOSS V8 will be the all new V8 developed in America for the Ford Mustang. According to sources within Ford, Ford will name the supercharged FPV the GT-H. What makes the vehicle pictured above so unique is that it’s the first manufacturer application of a supercharged Coyote V8 anywhere in the world.

The task of handling the supercharging effort has been left with the nut-job engineers at FPV who have graced us with things like the XR6 Turbo and F6 310. I don’t know about you guys, but that to me can only mean one thing – fun.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/56663/2010-fpv-gt-h-spied-supercharged-5lt-coyote-v8/

I guess the GT350 doesn't count as a "manufacturer application". Any indication that the blown Down Under version will have different connecting rods and pistons from the standard Coyote?

Hand built engines on a mini line, FoA will assemble its own combination of parts and you can bet forged rods and pistons are first on the list....

edit,

Supercharged Falcons come on line in July, that's possibly earlier than GT350 Mustang from Shelby....

Edited by jpd80

Hand built engines on a mini line, FoA will assemble its own combination of parts and you can bet forged rods and pistons are first on the list....

edit,

Supercharged Falcons come on line in July, that's possibly earlier than GT350 Mustang from Shelby....

I wouldn't be betting that.