Politician's rally to Toyota's side

MTPwife

Not so long ago these same Southern States Senators wanted GM and Chrysler to crash and burn without any government assistance. Their lack of concern for the impact that collapse would have had on the broader community now seems so hypocritical when it in their own back yard.....

Should we now behave in the same fashion as these biased individuals or should we support Southern manufacturing for the good of the community?

• Like 1

Not so long ago these same Southern States Senators wanted GM and Chrysler to crash and burn without any government assistance. Their lack of concern for the impact that collapse would have had on the broader community now seems so hypocritical when it in their own back yard.....

Should we now behave in the same fashion as these biased individuals or should we support Southern manufacturing for the good of the community?

I can still hear and see Senator Shelby beating up on the big three at the hearings last year . He and others wanted to see Detroit squashed so that their foreign transplant manufacturers would prosper . I don't see anything different this time . These governors and legislators with Toyota plants are going to scream bloody murder if Toyoda takes a shot . Members of Japan's government say they are concerned about hard feelings if we come down on toyoda , and once again Japan holds the biggest piece of our debt again , having taken over first place from China . I hope I'm wrong , but I just don't think our government has the balls to do the right thing . We are owned !!!!!!!!!!

We're pitiful.

Toyota seems to think so. They knew about the problem long ago. yet they blame US drivers, then a US manufacturer of the gas pedal (CTS), then they get their US paid political hacks to defend them. They'll do anything to redirect blame from themselves....apology nonwithstanding. Yes, Toyota must think Americans are pitiful. So terribly mindless and inept that we can be blamed for the problem, have us defend THEM from the problem........yet still sell their product to the very people they have ridiculed and USED to their advantage.

We are pitiful tools of Toyota.