Applebee's Feeds Toyota workers

CD4EMAN

In Cincinnati today in the enquirer local section. A colunm stated that Applebee's will buy Toyota employees meals next tuesday with proof of employment!!!!! The reason given is "all their contribution to the community". My question is why not Ford employees? Hell why not all American car makers. Or even better why not our war vets!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE call this number and complain to the local corporate office!!! 1-859-254-2180

If anyone that is a Ford employee continues to eat there SHAME ON YOU !!!

• Like 1

I called the Phone # . My call was passed on to someone who was NOT AVAILIBLE at the pressent time . I did leave a message . I asked if this was offered to others that may have lost or have been displaced from a job .I stated that American owened business proffets stay within our boarders and not back to the father land . I do not expext a reply .Give them a call ; ask for your free meal also .

• Like 1

I called & got through so keep trying... Oh they are also feeing toyota workers in Kentucky as well.

1-888-59apple is the headquarters for Applebees.

Edited to add, DineEquity owns applebees & IHOP their headquarters number 1-866-995dine.

Edited by MTPwife
  • Like 1

In Cincinnati today in the enquirer local section. A colunm stated that Applebee's will buy Toyota employees meals next tuesday with proof of employment!!!!! The reason given is "all their contribution to the community". My question is why not Ford employees? Hell why not all American car makers. Or even better why not our war vets!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE call this number and complain to the local corporate office!!! 1-859-254-2180

Lets not forget our good friend from alabama mr. shelby and corker and there non union states.

• Like 1

did one better called my local applebees,,and told them thanks for supporting companies that support there community like toyota,,but to bad that they couldnt support all the other auto companies that also support the community and orgs like united way,jdf and too many more to name,,and since i work for ford i can no longer support applebees and will never dine there again,,,MAYBE GIVE YOUR LOCAL APPLEBEES A CALL AND TELL THEM WHAT YOU THINK,,,just a thought!!stats.gif

• Like 2

Thank you to those that have called and complained, Thank you for the other numbers to call also.

If you have not called, PLEASE call and let these people know how you feel. They want to help the all mighty toyota and havent a clue about we the American auto makers and what great things we do for our communities and how many of us there are. CALL CALL CALL!

Let them hear it loud and clear. It will make some kind of difference to them.

We are the UAW and we do spend a lot of money!!!! I will not eat at applebees ever again and hope we have some support from our brothers.

Does any one know of a GM or Chrysler employee forum link, I would love to let them be aware of this one sided crap also.

Thank you to those that have called and complained, Thank you for the other numbers to call also.

If you have not called, PLEASE call and let these people know how you feel. They want to help the all mighty toyota and havent a clue about we the American auto makers and what great things we do for our communities and how many of us there are. CALL CALL CALL!

Let them hear it loud and clear. It will make some kind of difference to them.

We are the UAW and we do spend a lot of money!!!! I will not eat at applebees ever again and hope we have some support from our brothers.

Does any one know of a GM or Chrysler employee forum link, I would love to let them be aware of this one sided crap also.

Oh, Crapplebees!!

Hey I don't want to rain on everyones hate parade but this free meal offer was only at the greater Northern Kentucky and Southern Ohio Applebee's and the offer was made by Thomas and King Associates, their local franchiser. The area that this franchiser serves has many Toyota facilities. The restaurants in our area probably have no clue why your calling them. Also Free food day was back on Feb.2. It really was just one company playing to their local market.

• Like 1

Hey I don't want to rain on everyones hate parade but this free meal offer was only at the greater Northern Kentucky and Southern Ohio Applebee's and the offer was made by Thomas and King Associates, their local franchiser. The area that this franchiser serves has many Toyota facilities. The restaurants in our area probably have no clue why your calling them. Also Free food day was back on Feb.2. It really was just one company playing to their local market.

WRONG!! it was in this thursdays paper and it is for this coming tuesday the 23rd. and yes they do have a lot of toyota employees around there. The Sharonville Transmission plant is part of Cincinnati and we have 1500 just in hourly. I dont know how many salary to boot. I feel its a slap in the face and wanted other Ford plants to know what was going on and have them voice their opinion to my local area. But taking it to the next level and complaining about it to their local applebees will get some attention at the real corporate level. I worked in corporate restaurants for years, word gets around and it does get heard.

Thank you all and keep up the good work, dont spend money there.

I believe I stated that is was Thomas and King in my original post. But thanks anyway voodoo.

• Like 1

WRONG!! it was in this thursdays paper and it is for this coming tuesday the 23rd. and yes they do have a lot of toyota employees around there. The Sharonville Transmission plant is part of Cincinnati and we have 1500 just in hourly. I dont know how many salary to boot. I feel its a slap in the face and wanted other Ford plants to know what was going on and have them voice their opinion to my local area. But taking it to the next level and complaining about it to their local applebees will get some attention at the real corporate level. I worked in corporate restaurants for years, word gets around and it does get heard.

Thank you all and keep up the good work, dont spend money there.

I believe I stated that is was Thomas and King in my original post. But thanks anyway voodoo.

I don't care if it is a local franchise. I expect Corporate HQ had to approve the offer. If not, they learned a lesson.

I suspect the local franchisee was feeling the Toyota recall impact on his business or saw a way to cash-in on sympathy for local employees.

Regardless of his intentions, I have not seen an offer for the ILO'd Ford workers. For the employees for closed facilities, or support for the only domestic auto manufacturer to refuse a bail out.

Stand tall Ford.

If "word of mouth" works, I'll do my part.

NASCAR lost a lot of income when Toyota was allowed. Applebee's is next.

• Like 1

What a bunch of whiners! If you want a free meal, just go to the homeless shelter. I am sure they will be happy to serve you. You people complain about everything!

It's not about a free meal, it's offensive as hell when Ford,GM & Chrysler workers have been through hell these past few years & no one gives a damn about these workers

but fall over themselves to be supportive to Toyota workers. If you're not offended, good for you but alot of us are. A multitude of Union Brothers & Sisters have lost everything

from their job to their home over the past few years, where's the support for them?

• Like 2

It's not about a free meal, it's offensive as hell when Ford,GM & Chrysler workers have been through hell these past few years & no one gives a damn about these workers

but fall over themselves to be supportive to Toyota workers. If you're not offended, good for you but alot of us are. A multitude of Union Brothers & Sisters have lost everything

from their job to their home over the past few years, where's the support for them?

EXACTLY!!!!

To those that think we are whining, I dont want a free meal, I just want some of the same treatment as an Import seller. Is that wrong?

• Like 2

A lot of people have lost jobs. Evidently, the Applebee's in the Cincinnati area felt it was the right thing to do to give Toyota workers a free meal. Maybe the majority of their business came from this part of the population. I don't know and neither does anybody else on here. My point is that there would be somebody on here complaining about non-union one-legged single mothers getting a free meal.

Applebee's provided a nice gesture to those workers. If you don't want to eat there, call and tell them why. But don't be offended because you didn't get something somebody else did. Such babies!

Jealous behavior is a sin!

• Like 2

A lot of people have lost jobs. Evidently, the Applebee's in the Cincinnati area felt it was the right thing to do to give Toyota workers a free meal. Maybe the majority of their business came from this part of the population. I don't know and neither does anybody else on here. My point is that there would be somebody on here complaining about non-union one-legged single mothers getting a free meal.

Applebee's provided a nice gesture to those workers. If you don't want to eat there, call and tell them why. But don't be offended because you didn't get something somebody else did. Such babies!

Wow you certainly have a low opinion of your Union Brothers & Sisters or are you salaried? If it's a sin to be offended by offensive behavior than I gladly will goto hell & if you were to read the damn thread you'd see that

we are informing people so they can follow THEIR conscience & not support a company who offended a great deal of us. Is it jealous behavior to demand equal treatment & respect? I would have thought that the Ford workers in Ohio & Kentucky would be particularly offended since this is happening in those states.

Edited by MTPwife

You say a lot of people have lost jobs. Have these Toyota people lost jobs? I think not. They are idled and guess what else, they have a supplement much like what we once had (GEN).

It's not about jealousy, it's about patriotism. To me, it is on par with how our own media is partial to the foreign automakers and quick to discredit the American counterpart.

I don't need to call, complain or explain my actions. I am an a American and I will support those who support Americans. My patronage to this establishment is over.

• Like 2

You say a lot of people have lost jobs. Have these Toyota people lost jobs? I think not. They are idled and guess what else, they have a supplement much like what we once had (GEN).

It's not about jealousy, it's about patriotism. To me, it is on par with how our own media is partial to the foreign automakers and quick to discredit the American counterpart.

I don't need to call, complain or explain my actions. I am an a American and I will support those who support Americans. My patronage to this establishment is over.

So by your logic the people who work just as hard as you, but for Toyota, are not Americans??? May be the Toyota employees call Eddie Bauer every year to complain that they don't get a discount at their local store like we do. Who knows, who cares, shop where your conscience leads you, but to claim that these folks are Un American is just stupid.

My point is that there would be somebody on here complaining about non-union one-legged single mothers getting a free meal.

Your right. I don't think she deserves a free meal. If she worked in a union shop maybe she wouldn't have lost her leg in that freak accident, and her husband wouldn't have left her, and she wouldn't have needed a free meal. Sounds like the story line for a country song.

So by your logic the people who work just as hard as you, but for Toyota, are not Americans??? May be the Toyota employees call Eddie Bauer every year to complain that they don't get a discount at their local store like we do. Who knows, who cares, shop where your conscience leads you, but to claim that these folks are Un American is just stupid

After the thrashing the UAW and the Detroit manufacturers got and get, I have an additude. If I'm wrong I don't really care. Anytime there is an article in the paper we get ripped a new one. Let the boycott begin!

So by your logic the people who work just as hard as you, but for Toyota, are not Americans??? May be the Toyota employees call Eddie Bauer every year to complain that they don't get a discount at their local store like we do. Who knows, who cares, shop where your conscience leads you, but to claim that these folks are Un American is just stupid.

no.. by my logic ,when we were under the gun and fighting for our very being,i didnt see applebees saying ,hey ford ,,gm chrysler,, you are our community we support you ,,we love you,, stop in for a free lunch,,, i didnt see applebees saying ,hey you support our communities{big 3} so we support you,, so i say ,claim denied,, goodbye applecrumbs,,enjoy the fruit of your offering,, apple crumbs ,,and i will say this much ,,my wife and 2 children ,just dined there last week,,last 70 dollar i ever will spend in that chain again

Edited by chriper
  • Like 2

So there are no Applebees in Detroit?

Let's see the same offer in Michigan, Ohio, Kansas City,.........How many lost jobs there?

Hell no, I don't want a free meal. I am blessed to still be employed.

My outrage is the cold shoulder Applebees has shown to all the other workers who no longer have "employee I.D. cards" because Toyota can sell cars here, through "Cash for Clunkers", and our domestic manufacturers are prohibited from selling there or reaping the benefits from sales in Japan when they had their own version of "Cash for Clunkers".

• Like 1