Applebee's Feeds Toyota workers

CD4EMAN

Domestic autoworkers should create a list of businesses to avoid.

Businesses who blatantly turn their back on American industry... that will way we can spend our American auto industry earned dollars wisely... vote with our wallets.

What about TSC - Tractor Supply Company? They named the Toyota Tundra as their "Truck of the Year" and admitted that they knew it would make some people angry but did it anyway beacuse it was such a good "fit" for them. Yet TSC advertises they are an All American kind of company... Wonder how that Tundra is workin out for them now?

As far as Applebee's I never ate there.. but will sure not go there now!..

• Like 1

I wonder if all the other autoworkers boycotted HP when we all got free computers? What a sad post. It only shows

this once great nation has turned into a bunch of pussies!!!!

LOL... westmont.. you REALLY think those HP computers were FREE??? You ARE clueless......

• Like 1

Listen this post has gone on way to far, over a good deed from Applebees. Anytime a company wants to feed American people

I am ok with that plain and simple. We have all gotten our fair share of free shit over the years from Ford and the UAW.

We have far bigger problems we need to focus on like getting profitable to pay off a huge note we took out to keep the lights on

that's why we didn't need the bailout money. And maybe you all haven't noticed our Government is spending money faster than

China can buy our debt . Maybe these post's should be about quality and unity and less about who's giving away a free meal.

All i can say about the Auto industry we did it to our selves you can blame whoever you want but, the simple fact is we took our eye off the prize. Toyota didn't become great we made them great by not listening to our customers and not building great quality

vehicles.

Considering the topic, I believe the responses to be right on.

Since you want to stray a little....

As far as Toyota becoming great goes...... Did we make them have no legacy costs? Did we structure the trade model so they can sell their vehicles here unfettered while selling our vehicles in Japan is subject to untold tariff and tax? There are many factors that contribute to your argument. Placing blame on the employees of Ford (especially those who do not make corporate decisions) is just ridiculous.

Back to Applebees....

Bottom line is that Toyota created American jobs by displacing American jobs.... if you think this is OK, then I can see why you think Applebees giving them a free meal is ok.

• Like 1

Domestic autoworkers should create a list of businesses to avoid.

Businesses who blatantly turn their back on American industry... that will way we can spend our American auto industry earned dollars wisely... vote with our wallets.

What about TSC - Tractor Supply Company? They named the Toyota Tundra as their "Truck of the Year" and admitted that they knew it would make some people angry but did it anyway beacuse it was such a good "fit" for them. Yet TSC advertises they are an All American kind of company... Wonder how that Tundra is workin out for them now?

As far as Applebee's I never ate there.. but will sure not go there now!..

How many Tundra's actually pull in their lot. More than likely more F-150's are pulling in their lot then any...

*adds TSC to list to boycott*

How many Tundra's actually pull in their lot. More than likely more F-150's are pulling in their lot then any...

*adds TSC to list to boycott*

If Applebees is giving free meals to Toyota workers only, then that's ashame. They should be supporting the American auto industry instead or as well. I will say this for them, I'm a veteran and on Veterans Day, they do offer a list of free meals to all veterans who come in and show their DD214 or other proof of service. I went this past Veterans Day to the one near Westland Mall and the place was packed with vets of all ages and I thought that was a great gesture.

Honestly Applebees food sucks and I already quit going there because of that!! This just gives me another reason to exercise my right as a consumer and take my hard earned money elsewhere! The same goes for anyone else who supports foreign entities and jobs! You own a business and park your foreign car outside assures you that I will not pull in!! Home depot,Kingsford(ironic),Ceasar Milan,M&M's(Mars),Fed Ex (multiple reasons), Napa auto parts, Red Bull, Channel 4 WDIV, California (multiple reasons), The gas station down the block, my old Dentist (he thought it was funny) :slap: (NOT), The guy who thought he was gonna do my concrete, and multiple other anti domestic people and business owners out there that use their freedom of choice in boycott of me (us)! Some of them are boycotting us because we are UAW and they wish we would all lose our jobs and everything else! So to anyone else out there that knows of other blatant offenders, keep us informed! As far as im concerned this is one of many reasons this forum is here, It keeps us in tune with what is happening to us as Ford employees, UAW members and American Labor outside of our individual plants, sometimes in plant!! :happy feet:

Honestly Applebees food sucks and I already quit going there because of that!! This just gives me another reason to exercise my right as a consumer and take my hard earned money elsewhere! The same goes for anyone else who supports foreign entities and jobs! You own a business and park your foreign car outside assures you that I will not pull in!! Home depot,Kingsford(ironic),Ceasar Milan,M&M's(Mars),Fed Ex (multiple reasons), Napa auto parts, Red Bull, Channel 4 WDIV, California (multiple reasons), The gas station down the block, my old Dentist (he thought it was funny) :slap: (NOT), The guy who thought he was gonna do my concrete, and multiple other anti domestic people and business owners out there that use their freedom of choice in boycott of me (us)! Some of them are boycotting us because we are UAW and they wish we would all lose our jobs and everything else! So to anyone else out there that knows of other blatant offenders, keep us informed! As far as im concerned this is one of many reasons this forum is here, It keeps us in tune with what is happening to us as Ford employees, UAW members and American Labor outside of our individual plants, sometimes in plant!! :happy feet:

Not all people who buy a non-Ford, non UAW vehicle are boycotting you. Some people really like the small diesel in the Jetta. Others like sliding doors but don't like the Chrysler minivan.

If my dentist test drives a Taurus and buys BMW, I'm not going to hold his decision against him. He gave my product a shot, and he didn't feel that it was the best fit for him.

Not all people who buy a non-Ford, non UAW vehicle are boycotting you. Some people really like the small diesel in the Jetta. Others like sliding doors but don't like the Chrysler minivan.

If my dentist test drives a Taurus and buys BMW, I'm not going to hold his decision against him. He gave my product a shot, and he didn't feel that it was the best fit for him.

If you read what I said , it was that SOME people are boycotting us because we are UAW, and my Former Dentist wouldn't be caught dead in a car built by you or me! He went straight to the BMW dealer first with money in his pockets from multiple Ford UAW employees ( I new 3 that used to go there)! Fuck him he lost my business at his practice! Also please dont try and tell me here in the FORD Employee forum that I need to understand that some weenie loves his diesel VW or just had to buy the Sienna over the Town and country! I wish Ford still competed in that market!!! I buy Ford and I buy American wherever and whenever possible to support my neighbors, community, State and Country!!! Volkswagen sucks and not one part is made here!!!!!! :chairshot:

I have not been on Blue Oval in some time, this thread reminds me why. This was not something that happened at all Applebees but only at 6 locations in Kentucky, which where close to a Toyota plant. These locations where all owned by the same individual and they are not owned by the Applbees Corporation.

When I first heard this story a couple weeks ago I googled it to see what the truth was, Applebeees corporate was not involved and did not sanction the free meals. So if as auto workers we want to boycott a corporation for something that an individual franchise owner did thats fine it is slightly misdirected and short sighted but spend your money where you want.

I have seen people on the floor talking about this with outrage while they where their Nike shoe's carrying their bag of stuff from Wal-mart, but the fact that thier old navy shirt was made by foreign children at near slave wages doesn't enter the conversation.

No one has a problem sending the profits from that bottle of Jack Daniels to a foreign country, or drinking a non- UAW made Budwiser. But Some dick who owns a few Applebees in Kentucky gives some down on their luck American Workers who happen to work for a foreign company a free lunch we are outraged.

Direct your frustration at that right people, and do your research before you get outraged, the American worker is under constant assault and we are worried about a fellow American getting a free lunch.

• Like 2