Hennessey MaxBoost 435 Lincoln MKS

My only question is how long will the transmission last? Ford engineered the transmission to only withstand so much. I thought that 350 lb/ft was the limit? If they the transmission can truly withstand this over the longterm I would be more than willing to spend the extra $4000. I am looking to replace the Passat this year and was leaning towards the new MKX or Edge but if the MKS can be boosted like that...

My only question is how long will the transmission last? Ford engineered the transmission to only withstand so much. I thought that 350 lb/ft was the limit? If they the transmission can truly withstand this over the longterm I would be more than willing to spend the extra $4000. I am looking to replace the Passat this year and was leaning towards the new MKX or Edge but if the MKS can be boosted like that...

Seems like the MKS and MKX have different objectives, MKS 435 even more so.

Seems like the MKS and MKX have different objectives, MKS 435 even more so.

Yes and no. My wife and I want to replace her Passat this summer with a new vehicle. We have been leaning towards the Edge and MKX because of the greater cargo room but largely that is the only reason. The only other thing we are looking for in our next car is AWD as the car that is being replaced has AWD. We have already looked at the MKS and Taurus SHO and we liked both of them but thought it would be nice to try something different other than another sedan so that took us to the Edge and MKX. But if this is a viable and reliable option come this summer it will definitely be under consideration.

probably depends on how much you beat on it as with anything else.

probably depends on how much you beat on it as with anything else.

Very true. My initial excitement with the notion of buying this has worn off. I have realized that with the way I drive that the transmission would grenade itself. Shows how shitty my day was when this was the most exciting thing haha...I guess the Edge or MKX are still proving to be the front runners.

Why would you release a 350 hp EB V6 with no chance of the power ever going up. I think the original 6F used in the NA V6 was on the limit but this bad boy can handle plenty of power and torque, extra clutch plated make a lot of difference.

I believe I read that Hennessey was only offering a 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty on vehicles that have this upgrade done. That leads me to believe they too may be a little unsure of the long term reliability of the whole system. On the other hand, if they warrantied it for say 36 months / 36,000 miles, imagine the tom foolery that could be accomplished in 3 years. Bottom line is when you put 435hp through an AWD application, theres a good chance people will be rompin it and it will in fact at some point fail.

Very true. My initial excitement with the notion of buying this has worn off. I have realized that with the way I drive that the transmission would grenade itself. Shows how shitty my day was when this was the most exciting thing haha...I guess the Edge or MKX are still proving to be the front runners.

It isn't like the regular MKS EB is underpowered, SHO or MKS both are nice!

If I was in your "predicament" I'd be :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: