Ford paid Mulally $12.8 million in 2009

I believe Mulally's compensation was closer to 17 MILLION... you neglected did not include his stock options.

No wonder Mulally told Congress... "I like it right where I'm at"...

AND THE UAW IS TO BLAME FOR THE DOWNFALL OF THE DOMESTIC AUTO INDUSTRY?

I believe Mulally's compensation was closer to 17 MILLION... you neglected did not include his stock options.

As long as the company is moving forward and he's leading the company. Who cares? All-Star catcher Joe Mauer and Minnesota completed an eight-year, $184 million deal. Now that's a joke!

High car prices, low quality killed GM, Chrysler and almost Ford. The unions killed the British auto industry and certainly added to American car prices Is Mulally worth the pay? I don't know. I do know that the union and the company are dependent on one another and that Ford's labor costs are the highest. And I do know the American Road without Mulally would have been even more pothole filled. Mulally did tell Congress that he would accept $1 a year if Ford required a bailout. By avoiding that the public's perception of Ford began to change. I'm out of a job because of foreign competition. Don't give the buyer a reason to shop the imports.

• Like 1

When people accuse the UAW of causing the auto industry's ills, they fail to recognize the Company signed the agreement!

The UAW is a vendor. They negotiate the labor costs. The company accepts the deal. The UAW cannot unilaterally decide anything. The UAW can only ask for what it wants.

Hold the company responsible for their weaknesses and failures to plan ahead.

That being said, Alan Mulally DID keep Ford out of bankruptcy through foresight. I grant him that and cannot begrudge him compensation for that success.

What I find outrageous is the compensation for CEOs of the other companies who failed their shareholders.

• Like 1

That being said, Alan Mulally DID keep Ford out of bankruptcy through foresight. I grant him that and cannot begrudge him compensation for that success.

From what I understand.. the Ford turnaround plan was already in place, Mullaly was just the talking head and positioned to take the fall, just in case. Don't discount the talent or loyalty of real Ford employees.

From what I understand.. the Ford turnaround plan was already in place, Mullaly was just the talking head and positioned to take the fall, just in case. Don't discount the talent or loyalty of real Ford employees.

Give Alan credit he has done a good job one thing though he didn't do it alone UAW Workers did there part and then some and we are still being dipped in shit

Quality and Production is done on the line not buy some over paid Line Stupidvisor that panics if the line stops

Thanks to the Team Leaders and the people working on the line :happy feet: Ford has great quality

Give Alan credit he has done a good job one thing though he didn't do it alone UAW Workers did there part and then some and we are still being dipped in shit

Quality and Production is done on the line not buy some over paid Line Stupidvisor that panics if the line stops

Thanks to the Team Leaders and the people working on the line :happy feet: Ford has great quality

The "Stupidvisor" panics because he's probably afraid he'll get fired if he doesn't keep the line running - UAW has a contract... salaried employees don't .. they are running scared...

• Like 1

As long as the company is moving forward and he's leading the company. Who cares? All-Star catcher Joe Mauer and Minnesota completed an eight-year, $184 million deal. Now that's a joke!

Yeah it is. But I wouldn't buy an over priced ticket to see either any of them play...

The "Stupidvisor" panics because he's probably afraid he'll get fired if he doesn't keep the line running - UAW has a contract... salaried employees don't .. they are running scared...

GOOD Keep them in the panic mode :happy feet:

Point is Ford could get rid of half of them and still have more than is needed

• Like 1

I think Ford fared better than GM and Cryco because they shit lucked with the timing of their restructure. Then with the contract, back peddle and closure of all the plants using the WE CAN"T COMPETE they dodged a bullet. What I am now waiting for is the toyota leaders to now play the same compete game and market share loss call back wages from employees and the cycle continue. I don't feel that this will be over for awhile. If toyota does that than Ford and the others will come calling again. Hope I'm wrong but this is not over. :stop: Don't carve me just enlighten me with your thoughts

• Like 2

I think Ford fared better than GM and Cryco because they shit lucked with the timing of their restructure. Then with the contract, back peddle and closure of all the plants using the WE CAN"T COMPETE they dodged a bullet. What I am now waiting for is the toyota leaders to now play the same compete game and market share loss call back wages from employees and the cycle continue. I don't feel that this will be over for awhile. If toyota does that than Ford and the others will come calling again. Hope I'm wrong but this is not over. :stop: Don't carve me just enlighten me with your thoughts

Toyoda is smart they closed there only UAW represented plant and they pay there line workers about 2 dollars more an hour than UAW worker so they can keep the turnover down and keep UAW voted out of there plants

What Toyota will do to UAW is kill our Benefits

Toyota Honda Nissan give there active employees about what UAW workers get ie yes they have sub pay/short work week at 80% they provide health insurance employee pays 10% and it goes up per dependent

Problem is they have no retirees Oh yeah your going to see retirement cut in the next contract and more than likely it will be gone in 2015 by 2015 you will have a 2 tier membership and the ones making half with a 401 k retirement will say FU you did it by allowing me to do the same work you do for half the money and i struggle to feed my family while you bitch about your boat not starting this weekend

I have been around and I have found that UAW thinks its immune well your not Before I got a job at Ford I was a Steelworker and thats happened to us

GM Ford Crysler can not afford 1+ million retirees and dependents

Get used to it UAW now has no retirement for new appointees to international union they get a 401k match ? :redcard:

• Like 1

It's my understanding that much of the plan was in place, but it was DOA before they brought him in. He's an outsider, apparently with a set of brass balls, that could shake up the broken management system in Dearborn, and it appears that he did for the most part. They are second hand news to me, but I have heard stories about the talking heads in Dearborn that tried to bullshit their way past Mullaly, and he shot them down in flames, gave them one chance to get their shit together or they were gone. So it's possible that he's worth the money. I'm sure we could have gotten Wagnor or Nardelli(sp?) cheaper.

It's my understanding that much of the plan was in place, but it was DOA before they brought him in. He's an outsider, apparently with a set of brass balls, that could shake up the broken management system in Dearborn, and it appears that he did for the most part. They are second hand news to me, but I have heard stories about the talking heads in Dearborn that tried to bullshit their way past Mullaly, and he shot them down in flames, gave them one chance to get their shit together or they were gone. So it's possible that he's worth the money. I'm sure we could have gotten Wagnor or Nardelli(sp?) cheaper.

That's probably true but with Wagnor or Nardelli we would be bankrupt too.