Guy gets leg crushed at CAP

8A4RE

Just heard from one of my brothers that works at CAP. He tells me a story of how his co-worker was assigned to do some work in between some stock racks. A woman on a high/low comes along and pushes a row of racks inward trapping my brothers coworkers leg and crushing his ankle and tearing his calf. He falls screaming while the stupid woman on the high/low shows the man little compasion and tells a supervisior the man looked fine and is faking the injury. The supervisior tries to accuse the injured worker of being injured outside of CAP. Mind you the guy had his ankle crushed.

WTF!

I'll bet the supervisior feels like a pinhead now! Na, probably not.

Lets try to be more carefull out there!

Edited by 8A4RE
  • Like 1

Just heard from one of my brothers that works at CAP. He tells me a story of how his co-worker was assigned to do some work in between some stock racks. A woman on a high/low comes along and pushes a row of racks inward trapping my brothers coworkers leg and crushing his ankle and tearing his calf. He falls screaming while the stupid woman on the high/low shows the man little compasion and tells a supervisior the man looked fine and is faking the injury. The supervisior tries to accuse the injured worker of being injured outside of CAP. Mind you the guy had his ankle crushed.

WTF!

I'll bet the supervisior feels like a pinhead now! Na, probably not.

Lets try to be more carefull out there!

OMG! That poor guy!

• Like 1

His is my friend and lives near me also.... He is still in hospital waiting for surgery... Please pray for our Brother ......

I am praying JRB.

Bet the company can't wait to write him up to shift liability away from it. Hope he has a strong committee to fight for him.

This woman has changed her story no less than 3 times and has yet to show any compassion for the poor guy that may have to get his foot amputated. The list of infractions on her driving record is a mile long and she has no business driving anything. Since when is indexing or bulldozing racks allowed at FoMoCo? I understand she is a union sister, but she should be released from the company for this incident. She blatantly broke a safety rule resulting in a severe injury that could have killed the poor guy and is trying to blame it on him somehow. This is not the type of "sister" I want to be working anywhere around. I'm interested to see how this turns out. I've always said safety at Ford is a joke and women get special treatment. I wonder how Ford will handle this one.

• Like 1

Best wishs to your injured co-worker and family. I really wonder and you committeeperson should too. Why weren't the racks bolted to the floor? When the company (if) tries to blame him

maybe that would be a good question. In Windsor we always have to anchor bolt the racks to the floor before use.

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Another self serving post from the village idiot.

One of the primary concerns of the union is the safety of it's membership. As such, jobs are supposed to be filled based on ability, when ability is equivalent, seniority shall rule. I have read that in the contract but not lately, but, I am confident this is the gist of it's intent.

When safety is concerned, I ,as a union member, feel a history of safety violations supersedes seniority. Period.

We retain the right to strike against the company for safety violations, but we tolerate injuries to our brothers and sisters by other union members?

Where do you stand on safety?

• Like 1

Another self serving post from the village idiot.

Truffle do you ever have anything that is halfway intelligent to add on here? i havent seen it yet..how is that self serving? If wanting everyone to be safe before worrying about someones seniority is self serving then im guilty as charged..Truffle here is an idea..go home shut the garage...stuff a rag in the tailpipe and start the 85 tempo...take a nap...do us all a favor

• Like 1

This woman has changed her story no less than 3 times and has yet to show any compassion for the poor guy that may have to get his foot amputated. The list of infractions on her driving record is a mile long and she has no business driving anything. Since when is indexing or bulldozing racks allowed at FoMoCo? I understand she is a union sister, but she should be released from the company for this incident. She blatantly broke a safety rule resulting in a severe injury that could have killed the poor guy and is trying to blame it on him somehow. This is not the type of "sister" I want to be working anywhere around. I'm interested to see how this turns out. I've always said safety at Ford is a joke and women get special treatment. I wonder how Ford will handle this one.

Safety is a Joke Ford could care less they pay a fine and keep doing they same shit I SEE IT EVERYDAY and don't forget the idiot suckasses on the line that violate safety rules daily because production is more important or there supervisor might not let them :redcard: suck suck suck swallow

Sad but true UAW safety reps are a bigger joke than the company safety reps :banghead:

My heart goes out to this man that was injured his family and friends

Let us not forget the 29 minors in WV that lost there lifes because of corperate wall streeter greed

My Thoughts and Prayers go out to the Families and Friends of those that died

• Like 2

Safety is a Joke Ford could care less they pay a fine and keep doing they same shit I SEE IT EVERYDAY and don't forget the idiot suckasses on the line that violate safety rules daily because production is more important or there supervisor might not let them :redcard: suck suck suck swallow

Sad but true UAW safety reps are a bigger joke than the company safety reps :banghead:

My heart goes out to this man that was injured his family and friends

Let us not forget the 29 minors in WV that lost there lifes because of corperate wall streeter greed

My Thoughts and Prayers go out to the Families and Friends of those that died

Agree uaw..i cant tell you how many times i see people violate safety to keep linr movin...I work on doorlinre at dtp and cant tell you how many times if seen people shatter windows all over the place and then stand in and work with glass all over the place to keep line goin...sad

• Like 1

I wish people would figure it out, Ford and the UAW give us a set of guide lines to follow, it's simple just follow it, if the job gets done great, if it doesn't well they will have to figure out how to fix it, they cant burn you for following the safety rules that they made and many that OSHA made that they have to follow.

Myself I drive a hi-lo at KCAP and I see coworkers carry illegal loads all the time just for the sake of not having late line feeds or in a hurry to get out a few minutes early, in the last 6 months we've had 2 lose loads because they were to high both got disqualified and 30 days DLO naturally they do have the right to grieve and at this time they have all been denied and now will go to a umpire ruling which will most likely be denied as well.

Wake up people it's safety, not just mine or yours but everyones. Everyone has the right to walk out of work at the end of the day, just like they walked in.

• Like 2

Best wishs to your injured co-worker and family. I really wonder and you committeeperson should too. Why weren't the racks bolted to the floor? When the company (if) tries to blame him

maybe that would be a good question. In Windsor we always have to anchor bolt the racks to the floor before use.

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

From what I understand, the racks in question are the type used to ship parts via hi-lo. The woman was pushing/ramming a row of them forwards.

these hi lo people should be given these jobs on ability not seniority

I agree 100% Should be a points system that determines elegability. My brother was struck by a woman on a hi-lo that was yapping on her cell phone and driving at the same time. My brother was only grazed and the woman never stopped to see if he was alright. She crossed over the yellow line and entered the ped-way.

Edited by 8A4RE
  • Like 1

Truffle do you ever have anything that is halfway intelligent to add on here? i havent seen it yet..how is that self serving? If wanting everyone to be safe before worrying about someones seniority is self serving then im guilty as charged..Truffle here is an idea..go home shut the garage...stuff a rag in the tailpipe and start the 85 tempo...take a nap...do us all a favor

Now that was intelligent. Yeppers, positively MENSA material.

Commit suicide rather than keep the right to exercise seniority.

Health and safety regs are FED regs, Dumbass. The company need only follow them.

Self serve some more, Dumbass.

One of the primary concerns of the union is the safety of it's membership. As such, jobs are supposed to be filled based on ability, when ability is equivalent, seniority shall rule. I have read that in the contract but not lately, but, I am confident this is the gist of it's intent.

When safety is concerned, I ,as a union member, feel a history of safety violations supersedes seniority. Period.

We retain the right to strike against the company for safety violations, but we tolerate injuries to our brothers and sisters by other union members?

Where do you stand on safety?

A "history" of violations equals no promotional job opportunities, (unless you clean under desks), whatsoever.

Seniority rules on everything else as it should.

Now, you take your low seniority out there and fuck your betters quickly and safely. (body condoms are cheap)

What you do today will return to you 3 fold.

I wish people would figure it out, Ford and the UAW give us a set of guide lines to follow, it's simple just follow it, if the job gets done great, if it doesn't well they will have to figure out how to fix it, they cant burn you for following the safety rules that they made and many that OSHA made that they have to follow.

Myself I drive a hi-lo at KCAP and I see coworkers carry illegal loads all the time just for the sake of not having late line feeds or in a hurry to get out a few minutes early, in the last 6 months we've had 2 lose loads because they were to high both got disqualified and 30 days DLO naturally they do have the right to grieve and at this time they have all been denied and now will go to a umpire ruling which will most likely be denied as well.

Wake up people it's safety, not just mine or yours but everyones. Everyone has the right to walk out of work at the end of the day, just like they walked in.

Agree 10,000%!

The company could care less.

Money is the bottom line, period.

It is up to us to police the safety regs and preserve the contract.

I was once a whippersnapper too, and now that describes a lot of you.

Get in line.

Be safe.

Our loved ones are depending on us to return home everyday.

Watch out for each other.

We all have to look out for our safety.

Could you imagine if you injured or killed your co worker? The tought just sends shivers.

God bless

• Like 1