2011 Mustang Shipping Yet?

I'm not sure what the ratio of GT / V6 mustang sales are for year models 2005 to current. I think it's something like 60 / 40 in favor of the V6. Someone around her knows I'm sure. But I'm wondering if that's about to change. The car has recieved the 2010 facelift to the front and rear that frankly I think make even the V6 very appealing from a visual standpoint. That is about to be coupled with the 300 hp 3.7 engine. It makes me wonder if the V6 will be a big big seller and the ratio of V6 to GT sales will lean dramatically in favor of the V6.

When will Ford ship 2011 Mustangs from Flat Rock? Anyone know if the dealer stock orders have left Michigan yet?

[/quote

Here's a copy of the shipping release notice that was posted at FMCDealer.com for Ford dealers.

April 23, 2010

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: EFC0202027DC 2011 Super Duty 4x4 Build Status

On Monday, we communicated production of the 2011 Super Duty 4x4 had been reduced due to a supplier parts shortage. At that time, we believed this was a short-term issue. It appears now that this may impact production through mid-May.

Let me emphasize this is not a quality issue, but rather a parts shortage issue.

The production impacts vehicles built at the Kentucky Truck Plant, which also includes Expedition and Navigator.

As a result, we are adjusting build dates for Super Duty, Expedition and Navigator…and specifics related to each order will be reflected in your daily scheduling notifications. We will make every effort to restore full production as soon as possible. As you receive specific scheduling information, please proactively reach out to your customers to keep them informed of the situation and maintain open communication with them as details progress, so we can minimize any negative impact to customer satisfaction.

We are also experiencing additional parts related shortages driven by transportation delays caused by the recent volcano eruption in Iceland. Subsequently, we have been forced to take unscheduled downtime at the Auto Alliance International Assembly Plant, where we build Mustang, and also at the Wayne Assembly Plant, which is where we build Focus. We will make every effort possible to ensure that these production interruptions are minimized as we move forward.

Finally, the Auto Alliance Assembly Plant has been given the authorization to ship the 2011MY Mustangs, so you should begin to see these hit your showrooms over the next couple of weeks.

If you have any questions, please contact your Ford Zone Manager.

Hal Feder

General Manager

Ford Lincoln Mercury Sales