An open letter to Mr. Mulally

EVK

Dear Mr. Mulally,

I, like many others, truly appreciate what you and your colleagues have done for Ford Motor Company, its employees, customers, and the American economy. But in this age of working so hard to acquire customers, one would think that Ford would fall over backward to please and maintain those of us who have decided to buy your product. Many of us have followed the incredible re-birth of the 2011 Super Duty trucks and have committed many tens of thousands of hard earned dollars to order one built. But, they're just not coming and we're getting little or no news as to why. Can you please help those of us that want to support Ford and its products? And those of us that, like you, work hard for a living.

We just want and need straight answers, thanks.

• Like 1

From what I have heard, they have finally started shipping. Many were on hold due to a supplier issue. As has been the case with all of Ford's recent launches, they're likely being built using a batch-and-hold process where they are going to make sure everything is just right with them. In the end, would you rather get the product a few weeks late and flawless or earlier with problems? I'd happily choose the former. Unfortunately, one area where Ford needs to improve is with their communications to dealers. I doubt your dealer knows much of anything about any delays, which is unfortunate and one of the final pieces of the puzzle that definitely need addressing by Ford management.

• Like 1

From what I have heard, they have finally started shipping. Many were on hold due to a supplier issue. As has been the case with all of Ford's recent launches, they're likely being built using a batch-and-hold process where they are going to make sure everything is just right with them. In the end, would you rather get the product a few weeks late and flawless or earlier with problems? I'd happily choose the former. Unfortunately, one area where Ford needs to improve is with their communications to dealers. I doubt your dealer knows much of anything about any delays, which is unfortunate and one of the final pieces of the puzzle that definitely need addressing by Ford management.

Of course I would prefer a good build. But, I would also prefer good communication. I have sold my old Dodge truck, have a vacation hinging on using the new truck, and Bank of America won't hold my loan approval over 40 days. I need honest, accurate info - that's all I'm asking. C'mon Ford - you read this blog - give us some information! I put my faith and dollars in you, give me some info. In case you want to REALLY help me out, here's my VIN - when do I get my truck? 1FT7W2BT0BEA34297

Edited by EVK

Of course I would prefer a good build. But, I would also prefer good communication. I have sold my old Dodge truck, have a vacation hinging on using the new truck, and Bank of America won't hold my loan approval over 40 days. I need honest, accurate info - that's all I'm asking. C'mon Ford - you read this blog - give us some information! I put my faith and dollars in you, give me some info. In case you want to REALLY help me out, here's my VIN - when do I get my truck? 1FT7W2BT0BEA34297

I'm up here in Canada, and I am not on the sales side anymore. However, below is what I have been able to find out according to CONCEPS (OUR ORDERING SYSTEM). Please understand that I don't know the latest information as per the previous post. Typically we do build and hold (to make sure everything thing is right with your new truck).

Your order was submitted into the system by your dealer on March 22.

As of April 17th, your new SD is scheduled for May 5th, with an estimated ETA of May 17th.

Hope this helps

I'm up here in Canada, and I am not on the sales side anymore. However, below is what I have been able to find out according to CONCEPS (OUR ORDERING SYSTEM). Please understand that I don't know the latest information as per the previous post. Typically we do build and hold (to make sure everything thing is right with your new truck).

As of April 17th, your new SD is scheduled for May 5th, with an estimated ETA of May 17th.

Hope this helps

That is helpful - any information is good! Thanks.

Does anyone know if the 2011 SD are having engine and gearbox issues?

According to what is being discussed in the other '11 SD thread, the holdup is due to an oil leak they found on the first production run that they are correcting at the factory before shipping. Haven't heard any engine/gearbox issues.

According to what is being discussed in the other '11 SD thread, the holdup is due to an oil leak they found on the first production run that they are correcting at the factory before shipping. Haven't heard any engine/gearbox issues.

I hope that is all.

A "guy" who says he works at a Ford plant told me that the new 6.7 is going thru some serious "teething problems". He said that too many engines are failing during the initial engine run. He also said that since Ford contracted out the gearbox, many of them are having issues as well.

Again, I hope that Ford has ALL of the issues worked out before they release the '11 SD. We can not afford another 6.0L nightmare.ohsnap.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this helps

thats cool CONCEPS gave that- a darn shame the guys dealer didnt do the same...heard a couple years ago (after they shut down KZINTI for giving folks the same stuff this guy was asking for) that a new thing called 'vehicle visibility' was added or updated so dealers could get better info, but IMO too many dealers suck at customer support after the sale...Ford REALLY needs to start treating buyers like customers, and get KZINTI-like communication on folks ordered vehicles. had it not been for him and his cohorts back in 05, I woulda walked away from Ford, maybe for keeps...the ordering/vinning/allocation BS needs serious work, customer retails need some priority no matter what part of the world folks live in...if not for KZINTI we wouldnt have one S197 mustang- let alone three :)