Chicago

Well I heard 170 people signed to go to Chicago. Anybody else know anything different? And if only 170 signed up do they start forcing people that are laid off? Do they have a choice or do they have to go?

Technically they can't force you to go anywhere. According to the March'09 MODS if you are on indefinite layoff you do have a choice to make. Accept the job offer and move, don't volunteer and be placed on inactive status, or bump least senior employee within zone. If your working you either volunteer for the job or you don't. Good Luck

• Like 1

Well I heard 170 people signed to go to Chicago. Anybody else know anything different? And if only 170 signed up do they start forcing people that are laid off? Do they have a choice or do they have to go?

Just curious did you hear if those #'s are from your plant or company wide?

Just curious did you hear if those #'s are from your plant or company wide?

I was told those numbers are company wide by a friend at Walton Hills stamping. He was told by a labor relations rep. at Walton Hills . That inacvtive status what does that mean? You dont get a choice? what i mean is you cant turn it down like 3 times like you used to be able to do?

• Like 1

I am a fork driver at Walton Hills & going to Chicago Assembly.Looking foward to working with everyone in the windy city . where are good places to live in the area????

Im from Walton Hills and Im going to Chicago to. I came to Walton Hills from Maumee stamping plant with a hilo driver at walton Hills. I will see you there!

• Like 1

I was told those numbers are company wide by a friend at Walton Hills stamping. He was told by a labor relations rep. at Walton Hills . That inacvtive status what does that mean? You dont get a choice? what i mean is you cant turn it down like 3 times like you used to be able to do?

As already stated those on ILO status have three choices;

1 Take transfer offer

2) Go to inactive status(basically you quit) and retain 18 months call back rights

3) Decline and bump low seniority within your zone

However for zones 1,2,3, and 7 These zone workers may simply decline and wait to be moved somewhere within their zone since there is work incoming to these zones in the near future.

Either-way some decisions need to be made.

1 Take transfer offer

2) Go to inactive status(basically you quit) and retain 18 months call back rights

However for zones 1,2,3, and 7 These zone workers may simply decline and wait to be moved somewhere within their zone since there is work incoming to these zones in the near future.

There is a new one time offer:

don't take an offer and remain on Sub and TAP until you run out and remain on recall list and fore go any relocation fees at the next opportunity to transfer to openings!

Edited by buster6969

1 Take transfer offer

I thought you retained your recall rights for as long as you were employed? Or is that only if you run out of sub and tap?

Edited by born2ryde

I thought you retained your recall rights for as long as you were employed? Or is that only if you run out of sub and tap?

you retain them equal to the amount of time you have with ford or 18 months which ever is greater. so if you only have a year in you have 18 months recall. i have 28 years in and i'am on ilo, however , my recall rights are 28 years. all this is per the 07 contract .

don't take an offer and remain on Sub and TAP until you run out and remain on recall list and fore go any relocation fees at the next opportunity to transfer to openings!

where did you get this info. i'am going to turn down the cap offer and wait on the lap retool, so if this is true it would be good news for me . it will give me tap and insurance till may of 2011. i should be called to lap not long after it runs out. also my retirement credits keep building and by then i'll have 29 years. the relocation money after tax is probally only about 25k . tap , insurance, and a year of retirement credit is worth a lot more than 25k.

anybody know if this is true or just bs

where did you get this info. i'am going to turn down the cap offer and wait on the lap retool, so if this is true it would be good news for me . it will give me tap and insurance till may of 2011. i should be called to lap not long after it runs out. also my retirement credits keep building and by then i'll have 29 years. the relocation money after tax is probally only about 25k . tap , insurance, and a year of retirement credit is worth a lot more than 25k.

Why don't you just go back to work lazy ass! I'm sure you can with 28 yrs !

you retain them equal to the amount of time you have with ford or 18 months which ever is greater. so if you only have a year in you have 18 months recall. i have 28 years in and i'am on ilo, however , my recall rights are 28 years. all this is per the 07 contract .

You might want to read the March 2009 modifications dozer, you may elect one of three options none of which would allow you to remain on ILO for 28 years.

In the 2007 contract there was the two strike rule for those on ILO. basically if you are on ILO you can refuse one job offer but if you refuse a second you retain the right to be called back within 18 months.

With the 2009 modification you have three choices;

1. accept any job offer

2. decline job offers and retain 18 months of recall rights

3.Bump the least senior employee within your zone and return to work

While this is a voluntary sign up for now, those on ILO better make damn sure this will not be considered a job offer that will count against them.

You may feel you can keep collecting SUB/TAP for 28 years or until it runs out(you get 52 weeks each), but you would only be fooling yourself.

I would suggest you contact someone at your Local and get some real information, if they can not explain what Ive posted call your region or International. I would hate to see you lose your job over bad information.

You might want to read the March 2009 modifications dozer, you may elect one of three options none of which would allow you to remain on ILO for 28 years.

In the 2007 contract there was the two strike rule for those on ILO. basically if you are on ILO you can refuse one job offer but if you refuse a second you retain the right to be called back within 18 months.

With the 2009 modification you have three choices;

1. accept any job offer

2. decline job offers and retain 18 months of recall rights

3.Bump the least senior employee within your zone and return to work

While this is a voluntary sign up for now, those on ILO better make damn sure this will not be considered a job offer that will count against them.

You may feel you can keep collecting SUB/TAP for 28 years or until it runs out(you get 52 weeks each), but you would only be fooling yourself.

I would suggest you contact someone at your Local and get some real information, if they can not explain what Ive posted call your region or International. I would hate to see you lose your job over bad information.

your right , when they make me a final offer and i decline, i will lose the tap and insurance, however recall rights will be equal to the amount of time i have in per solidarity house . take care

• Like 1

your right , when they make me a final offer and i decline, i will lose the tap and insurance, however recall rights will be equal to the amount of time i have in per solidarity house . take care

True enough , i was mistaken you would retain recall rights. However I hope you make it long enough before you are called without any income or benefits per the March modifications.

ILOwording014.jpg

Granted for now zones 1,2 and 7 are exempt from the above language due too the near future need to staff facilities in these zones.

But this could change seeing how the Chicago posting seems to have gotten very few bids. The original posting seems to have had roughly 200 people sign up. They needed over 1,100 , just saw another posting this week again for Chicago stating there are 900+ opening upcoming.

Edited by lquidspine

True enough , i was mistaken you would retain recall rights. However I hope you make it long enough before you are called without any income or benefits per the March modifications.

ILOwording014.jpg

Granted for now zones 1,2 and 7 are exempt from the above language due too the near future need to staff facilities in these zones.

But this could change seeing how the Chicago posting seems to have gotten very few bids. The original posting seems to have had roughly 200 people sign up. They needed over 1,100 , just saw another posting this week again for Chicago stating there are 900+ opening upcoming.

looks like ford may finally get to hire two tier employees at cap and maybe csp. very unlikely they can fill 900 jobs with current employes.

looks like ford may finally get to hire two tier employees at cap and maybe csp. very unlikely they can fill 900 jobs with current employes.

That is why I am skeptical that zones 1,2 and 7 will remain exempt from being a forcible move. Unless most that are currently on ILO are about out between SUB and TAP i can not see why the company would pay SUB and TAP as well as hire more employees regardless of what they make per hour.

Time will tell

But then again I think it costs money to force people to use up all the vacation time instead of just paying them in a check, instead they are forcing people to use vacation time up and paying people to come in on off days to cover them. At least that's what they did in November and they are doing now at DTP.

That is why I am skeptical that zones 1,2 and 7 will remain exempt from being a forcible move. Unless most that are currently on ILO are about out between SUB and TAP i can not see why the company would pay SUB and TAP as well as hire more employees regardless of what they make per hour.

Time will tell

But then again I think it costs money to force people to use up all the vacation time instead of just paying them in a check, instead they are forcing people to use vacation time up and paying people to come in on off days to cover them. At least that's what they did in November and they are doing now at DTP.

I called the local about this and they told me the IUAW negotiated not to force from zones 1, 2 and 7 which currently holds the largest amount on ILO. In fact the company was hell bent on forcing from these zones. They knew forcing would flush out half of the excess and involuntarily hurt the membership.

This single event saved many friends and family that would have been forced to make a life altering decision of going to Chicago or sever ties with Ford.

In turn the company is able to hire temporary help.

Thank God for the UAW............. Thank you