KCAP

other states are fighting each other trying to land a auto plant offering huge tax incentivies while MO votes them down , and you think this is just another bill , i see it as a slap in the fase to ford motor co. after all they have done for mo. take care

What have they done for Missouri, they closed St.Louis Assembly Plant that was really helping the state out. If they are thinking about closing a plant, their going to do it regardless of tax incentives.

i will start to be concerned when Ford finds a plant that can build all the models of the f-150 with the same quality as kcap hmmm that would be ktp and there producing all they can with the new super duties

good job ktp the new super duty is awesome :happy feet:

kcap will not close

roughly 125,000 a year ?

yeah on 1 shift 8 hours a day

when we ran 2 10 hour shifts w sat over 310,000 a year

ktp is a good plant good quality just to many eggs in one basket

DTP has good quality but now the high end models are not popular guys are looking for work trucks and who spends 50,000 dollars on a f-150 to work in

hell just as well bye a super duty for that kinda money

so when they close kcap get ready f-150 sales going to hell thats good for ktp and the 250

One of the reasons that the " OMG!!! KCAP is going to close because the tax credit bill didn't pass !" legislation didn't come up for a vote is that there were other issues pertaining to the bill. One, there were disagreements in the other language in the bill. They, whomever "they" are, want to be able to have these credits to companies come up for review every six years. Second, the state is wanting to the cut the annual amount of credits to businesses to around $60-70 million per year from a current $130-140 million. The bill is not dead. Ford is not the only company that this effects. It is only one the larger employers that benefit from this. That's why it makes the headlines. Relax KCAP ! We will be around for a long time. Now go back to sleep.

• Like 1

KCAP has the highest Quality on high end trucks all the way to regular cabs, if you work for Ford, you can see the stats. If KCAP closes, we will follow our product as the contract states and I will bump someone off their job and put them on the street.

High quality people at KCAP in the shiny new plant at DTP- of course Ford is thinking of moving us there.

Basically, I don't understand what the deal is over people being happy that KCAP could close. That's my plant. If it closes, I'm bumping, as the contract states. Where's the joy in me taking someone else's job?

ALLOW ME TO MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR....FORD HAS NO PLANS OF CLOSING KCAP.....FORD HAS NO PLANS OF BUYING A NEW PLANT IN ST.LOUIS....KANSAS CITY WILL BUILD THE FULL SIZE TRANSIT...DTP DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO BUILD MORE F-150'S....KTP DOES NOT HAVE THE SETUP TO BUILD THE F-150...THE F-150 WILL NOT BE LEAVING KANSAS CITY.....THERE IS NO MAJOR ANNOUNCMENT THURSDAY FOR KANSAS CITY...THE GOVENOR WILL CALL CONGRESS BACK INTO SPECIAL SESSION IN JUNE..ANY OTHER RUMORS YOU GUYS WANT TO TRY ?????

ALLOW ME TO MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR....FORD HAS NO PLANS OF CLOSING KCAP.....FORD HAS NO PLANS OF BUYING A NEW PLANT IN ST.LOUIS....KANSAS CITY WILL BUILD THE FULL SIZE TRANSIT...DTP DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO BUILD MORE F-150'S....KTP DOES NOT HAVE THE SETUP TO BUILD THE F-150...THE F-150 WILL NOT BE LEAVING KANSAS CITY.....THERE IS NO MAJOR ANNOUNCMENT THURSDAY FOR KANSAS CITY...THE GOVENOR WILL CALL CONGRESS BACK INTO SPECIAL SESSION IN JUNE..ANY OTHER RUMORS YOU GUYS WANT TO TRY ?????

Well said Problem Child

I find it funny how tuff some of my co-workers talk on the line, but run to the hills and stick there heads in the sand at the start of a rumor. HAHA and you guys thought 7 months ago you had the balls to go on strike. Mabey if you went to a Union Meeting everyonce in a while you would not sound like uneducated sissys. Let me start a new rumor Toyota has bought KCAP and the new management starts on Monday........oh shit I can already see some of you running to the hills again ...hurry hurry.. someone may be working on on another rumor as you read this... quick quick stick you head in the sand

Well said Problem Child

I find it funny how tuff some of my co-workers talk on the line, but run to the hills and stick there heads in the sand at the start of a rumor. HAHA and you guys thought 7 months ago you had the balls to go on strike. Mabey if you went to a Union Meeting everyonce in a while you would not sound like uneducated sissys. Let me start a new rumor Toyota has bought KCAP and the new management starts on Monday........oh shit I can already see some of you running to the hills again ...hurry hurry.. someone may be working on on another rumor as you read this... quick quick stick you head in the sand

st louis tranfers need to get over the fact that there will be no ford plant there sorry

i get sick of hearing about DTP and how great they are don't get me wrong they do build a good quality truck but after a 2 billion dollar investment Ford found out it wasn't as good as the engineers said it was suppose to be

get over it kcap was set up to be versitile with the new truck body shop ktp and kcap was set up to build all F Series models with very little modefications and i here it everyday norfolk was set up the same way flex body sorry but it was not norfolk bought time until DTP opened kcap worked OT for over 2 year making up the almighties DTP SHORTFALLS NOW WE ARE ON 10 HRS A DAY AGAIN not because of DTP because sales are up :happy feet:

KCAP WILL SURVIVE

KCAP has the highest Quality on high end trucks all the way to regular cabs, if you work for Ford, you can see the stats. If KCAP closes, we will follow our product as the contract states and I will bump someone off their job and put them on the street.

High quality people at KCAP in the shiny new plant at DTP- of course Ford is thinking of moving us there.

Basically, I don't understand what the deal is over people being happy that KCAP could close. That's my plant. If it closes, I'm bumping, as the contract states. Where's the joy in me taking someone else's job?

:stirpot: If the F-150 went anywhere, it will go to Kentucky. . . They have the plant that can handle it. . . . We all knew at DTP, when we came from the DAP that the new plant was way too small for the truck . . . It has been proven many times. . . Many of us still believe that the Mustang should have never left Dearborn. . . Perhaps Ford may rethink that as the Mustang will have to relocate in the future. . . :stirpot:

Well said Problem Child

:hysterical: yeah and most of these sissies don't even know there locals number

time for the union to start passing out fliers and educating these transplant idiots union reps need to be on the floor :stirpot:

:hysterical: yeah and most of these sissies don't even know there locals number

time for the union to start passing out fliers and educating these transplant idiots union reps need to be on the floor :stirpot:

Not a fan of the people who have moved to KCAP, huh? That's a pretty big chip on your shoulder. What educating do you think me and my 22 years of seniority need? I've been through a plant closing and believe things will happen when the company and union actually puts it in black and white. That's when you really know something is going to happen.

Quit whining about transplants. You may be one someday.

Edited by Twincam Harley
  • Like 1

Not a fan of the people who have moved to KCAP, huh? That's a pretty big chip on your shoulder. What educating do you think me and my 22 years of seniority need? I've been through a plant closing and believe things will happen when the company and union actually puts it in black and white. That's when you really know something is going to happen.

Quit whining about transplants. You may be one someday.

well you must be one of those whining bitches boo woo i got 22 years i'm getting hosed i shouldn't be working the line hes got less time than me i should be doing that job etc.

if your not one of those that think they can come in and pick there job right out of the gate i apoligize to you

i may have to transfer someday but i will garantee i will not bitch moan and whine because i got to work the line or whatever job my new plant assignes me what i will do it learn how the local union works and go from there

most do not understand that every local works different like it or not you must play the new plants game leave your old plants game there

i know its hard to loose your job and have to relocate or find a new job been there done that after a tour in the army i worked for a company 10 years and got a pink slip don't call us we will call you 6 years with another and they was preparing to close when i got called by Ford so don't think your alone oh i didn't even get an offer to move to one of there other plants and

when i got hired at Ford i stfu done my job learned the game and raised hell and still do when needed :banghead:

most of these whining ass tranplants are 10 + years younger than i am hired at 18 and never been in the real world of pink slips with no sub no extended health care etc. i still found away to get by :happy feet:

so fuckheads i'm going to whine about whining transplant because most of need to read that ^^

• Like 1

well you must be one of those whining bitches boo woo i got 22 years i'm getting hosed i shouldn't be working the line hes got less time than me i should be doing that job etc.

if your not one of those that think they can come in and pick there job right out of the gate i apoligize to you

i may have to transfer someday but i will garantee i will not bitch moan and whine because i got to work the line or whatever job my new plant assignes me what i will do it learn how the local union works and go from there

most do not understand that every local works different like it or not you must play the new plants game leave your old plants game there

i know its hard to loose your job and have to relocate or find a new job been there done that after a tour in the army i worked for a company 10 years and got a pink slip don't call us we will call you 6 years with another and they was preparing to close when i got called by Ford so don't think your alone oh i didn't even get an offer to move to one of there other plants and

when i got hired at Ford i stfu done my job learned the game and raised hell and still do when needed :banghead:

most of these whining ass tranplants are 10 + years younger than i am hired at 18 and never been in the real world of pink slips with no sub no extended health care etc. i still found away to get by :happy feet:

so fuckheads i'm going to whine about whining transplant because most of need to read that ^^

WELL SAID!!!!They are not owed anything when they transfer but a job.

I like how you generalize and put all people who have transferred into KCAP as whiners. Since I've been at KCAP almost 4 years now, I've used my seniority to move into a much better position. The higher seniority people who have transferred in have done so. Given that, there have been a lot of KCAP people who have "whined" about getting bumped to a different shift because of the people who have transferred in. I can understand the sentiment but apparently when the shoe is on the other foot, you and others can't.

Those of us who have gone through a plant closing appreciate the opportunity to keep working for Ford Motor Co. That's why we moved. I would have moved even with no special transfer incentive. If KCAP should happen to close in the future, I'm sure you and many other people who hail from KCAP would move to continue your employment.

Most don't need to read your comments as you state. Again, you may have run across a few who may have made comments and then you lump us all together. That's too bad.

Edited by Twincam Harley
  • Like 1

I like how you generalize and put all people who have transferred into KCAP as whiners. Since I've been at KCAP almost 4 years now, I've used my seniority to move into a much better position. The higher seniority people who have transferred in have done so. Given that, there have been a lot of KCAP people who have "whined" about getting bumped to a different shift because of the people who have transferred in. I can understand the sentiment but apparently when the shoe is on the other foot, you and others can't.

Those of us who have gone through a plant closing appreciate the opportunity to keep working for Ford Motor Co. That's why we moved. I would have moved even with no special transfer incentive. If KCAP should happen to close in the future, I'm sure you and many other people who hail from KCAP would move to continue your employment.

Most don't need to read your comments as you state. Again, you may have run across a few who may have made comments and then you lump us all together. That's too bad.

Amen, brother!! I say to those with less time " Get your weight up", Hell, I did.