Job posting #'s for AAI

deflep1

I've had two different sources tell me today what #'s for postings will be announced tomorrow at the local 3000 special meeting. SALINE -250 openings Dearborn Truck -120 openings Sheldon Road - 50 openings There were no numbers for Michigan Assembly. I don't know if they're not ready yet to post, or if it is still being finalized. I don't know if any other plants will be added, but the postings are supposed to go up early next week. It's possible the #'s could change a little, because it's never official until it's announced. I hope they get the MAP situation straightened out so they can post. Our local said they would have openings and Wayne's said they wouldn't. We all knew this could be a problem after they denied some former Mich. Truck workers recall rights to MAP. There are a lot of AAI workers who really want the chance to go to MAP over DTP or the temp. assignments of Saline & Sheldon Rd. The highest 1400 seniority AAI members who don't sign for another plant will stay and will all be A shift workers, so it's risky to be #1500-1700 and not to sign for any plant, hoping to stay at AAI. You might not make the cut, and if no other plants open and you don't want to go to Chicago, you'd have to force out the lowest seniority in zone. I just wanted to give our fellow AAI & Saline loan out workers a heads up. I hope there are some last minute postings and more openings are available, but this is the info I have right now. If you have questions, the union said they would answer all of them at tomorrow's (Sunday) special meeting, which is at 1 p.m. at local 3000----22693 Van Horn Rd Woodhaven, MI. 48183 phone# (734)692-3490.

Stop spreading the mis-leading info about bumping low seniority out of zone. The language says that before we bump out low seniority, we have to use all our weeks of sub, all our weeks of TAP, then we have to be offered a out-of-zone job. Then and only then can we excercise our right to bump low seniority out-of-zone and assume the job they have. So in other words, it would take well over a year to get that done. If you don't believe me, call Region 1A and ask. I know it;s kind of shitty, but it is what it is.

I've had two different sources tell me today what #'s for postings will be announced tomorrow at the local 3000 special meeting. SALINE -250 openings Dearborn Truck -120 openings Sheldon Road - 50 openings There were no numbers for Michigan Assembly. I don't know if they're not ready yet to post, or if it is still being finalized. I don't know if any other plants will be added, but the postings are supposed to go up early next week. It's possible the #'s could change a little, because it's never official until it's announced. I hope they get the MAP situation straightened out so they can post. Our local said they would have openings and Wayne's said they wouldn't. We all knew this could be a problem after they denied some former Mich. Truck workers recall rights to MAP. There are a lot of AAI workers who really want the chance to go to MAP over DTP or the temp. assignments of Saline & Sheldon Rd. The highest 1400 seniority AAI members who don't sign for another plant will stay and will all be A shift workers, so it's risky to be #1500-1700 and not to sign for any plant, hoping to stay at AAI. You might not make the cut, and if no other plants open and you don't want to go to Chicago, you'd have to force out the lowest seniority in zone. I just wanted to give our fellow AAI & Saline loan out workers a heads up. I hope there are some last minute postings and more openings are available, but this is the info I have right now. If you have questions, the union said they would answer all of them at tomorrow's (Sunday) special meeting, which is at 1 p.m. at local 3000----22693 Van Horn Rd Woodhaven, MI. 48183 phone# (734)692-3490.

250+120+50=420........ They must be keeping something in their pocket if they are claiming that everyone will have a job. Well, 420 openings aint gonna make it. I hope they will be 100% honest with us tomorrow at the meeting.

Stop spreading the mis-leading info about bumping low seniority out of zone. The language says that before we bump out low seniority, we have to use all our weeks of sub, all our weeks of TAP, then we have to be offered a out-of-zone job. Then and only then can we excercise our right to bump low seniority out-of-zone and assume the job they have. So in other words, it would take well over a year to get that done. If you don't believe me, call Region 1A and ask. I know it;s kind of shitty, but it is what it is.

Where does it say that ?

You may want to re-read pages 25 and 26 of the 2007 Modifications agreement, all that that says is employees on ILO with job placement opportunities. I know full well for the Chicago postings zones 1,2 and 7 where exempt from this language, but you better believe once MAP is staffed and the plan for the LAP is released(and staffed) these zone exemptions will cease.

The language on these two pages will then be enforced, the language is there just waiting for the company to benefit from it's use.

Edited by lquidspine

Where does it say that ?

I know full well for the Chicago postings zones 1,2 and 7 where exempt from this language, but you better believe once MAP is staffed and the plan for the LAP is released(and staffed) these zone exemptions will cease.

The language on these two pages will then be enforced, the language is there just waiting for the company to benefit from it's use.

Another proactive move from the IUAW.

They successfully protected low seniority from zones 1, 2 and 7 from getting forced to Chicago.

The language is there to use and the IUAW protected us.

I believe the UAW suspended this action to get something better in the form of job security. As everyone knows next year they will negotiate a new agreement.

So we may never see a job forcing in zone 1, 2 and 7

Thank you UAW

Where does it say that ?

You may want to re-read pages 25 and 26 of the 2007 Modifications agreement, all that that says is employees on ILO with job placement opportunities. I know full well for the Chicago postings zones 1,2 and 7 where exempt from this language, but you better believe once MAP is staffed and the plan for the LAP is released(and staffed) these zone exemptions will cease.

Trust me, I've read that modification agreement several times. What I stated above is true. Please refer to Region 1A or International for verification.

Hey DEFLEP,

Make sure you capture all posting numbers for each location and put it up when your meeting is over.

Thanks,

Grim

Were your sources correct? Were your numbers correct? Will these be posted any time soon?

Need to know.... Please respond.

Were your sources correct? Were your numbers correct? Will these be posted any time soon?

Need to know.... Please respond.

Sorry I couldn't post earlier, a tornado hit my subdivison in Monroe MI, and knocked down about 100 trees & 7 power poles Sunday at 2:30am. I just got my power back on an hour or so ago. The numbers changed slightly, they were negotiating up until Sunday. They posted this morning, Saline 228----Dearborn Truck 158----Sheldon Rd. 61. They are keeping around 1700 workers, up from 1400. This new number reflects the possibility of tag relief this fall. Mich. Assembly will have 85 openings this fall (Oct) and possibly around 400 next spring, but none right now.( I guess they are still arguing) AAI is cutting almost the exact number that there are openings, so they say everyone will be placed. There are no preferred choice picks between the three plants...(ie) Saline is my first pick, Dearborn second, Sheldon third. If you sign up for all three, Dearborn is the permanent job, so they will place you there before the two temp. jobs plants. If you don't sign up for any plant, and don't make the cut, they will force by low seniority to the plant that didn't get enough takers....(ie) Dearborn had 138 sign up..20 short of the posting, so the bottom 20 in the plant who didn't get a bid are forced to fill that bid and go to Dearborn. If all the bids are awarded, then the lowest person who didn't bid will be the lowest in the plant, around #1700 in seniority. There will be no ILO's, you will either stay at AAI, or go to one of the three bid plants. They said we would stay on 4-10's. If we go to tag relief, which the union says will keep the most jobs(so they are for it), we'd make an extra 45 or so cars per day. That's 680 per day on 10 hours(at 68 jph), as opposed to the 960 we can do for both shifts at 50 jph (480+480). My sources were really close to the final numbers, hell the Dearborn posting added one more from the meeting to the time Gary S. passed around his letter today. If I can answer any more questions let me know, I'll try to pass along info. I was actually finishing a long posting on Sunday at 2:30 am when the tornado hit about 300 feet from my house and knocked out the power just as I was clicking the ADD REPLY option...I guess GOD was trying tell me my posts are too long! He's got a point!

Sorry I couldn't post earlier, a tornado hit my subdivison in Monroe MI, and knocked down about 100 trees & 7 power poles Sunday at 2:30am. I just got my power back on an hour or so ago. The numbers changed slightly, they were negotiating up until Sunday. They posted this morning, Saline 228----Dearborn Truck 158----Sheldon Rd. 61. They are keeping around 1700 workers, up from 1400. This new number reflects the possibility of tag relief this fall. Mich. Assembly will have 85 openings this fall (Oct) and possibly around 400 next spring, but none right now.( I guess they are still arguing) AAI is cutting almost the exact number that there are openings, so they say everyone will be placed. There are no preferred choice picks between the three plants...(ie) Saline is my first pick, Dearborn second, Sheldon third. If you sign up for all three, Dearborn is the permanent job, so they will place you there before the two temp. jobs plants. If you don't sign up for any plant, and don't make the cut, they will force by low seniority to the plant that didn't get enough takers....(ie) Dearborn had 138 sign up..20 short of the posting, so the bottom 20 in the plant who didn't get a bid are forced to fill that bid and go to Dearborn. If all the bids are awarded, then the lowest person who didn't bid will be the lowest in the plant, around #1700 in seniority. There will be no ILO's, you will either stay at AAI, or go to one of the three bid plants. They said we would stay on 4-10's. If we go to tag relief, which the union says will keep the most jobs(so they are for it), we'd make an extra 45 or so cars per day. That's 680 per day on 10 hours(at 68 jph), as opposed to the 960 we can do for both shifts at 50 jph (480+480). My sources were really close to the final numbers, hell the Dearborn posting added one more from the meeting to the time Gary S. passed around his letter today. If I can answer any more questions let me know, I'll try to pass along info. I was actually finishing a long posting on Sunday at 2:30 am when the tornado hit about 300 feet from my house and knocked out the power just as I was clicking the ADD REPLY option...I guess GOD was trying tell me my posts are too long! He's got a point!

Wow! Lots of good info, thanks! I'm wondering though, do you know if any of these locations will need any skilled trades? Millwrights in particular?

• Like 1

Any thing mentioned about Chicago?

They said the report date for those going was in August, but I think the assembly plant and stamping plant had different report dates. It would be a TLO until you report, once B shift ends. Gary Sommerville's plant newsletter said more plant postings were coming, but no time frame. Some of the reps at the meeting said Chicago hasn't filled its' 1,100 openings yet, but they didn't specifically say it would be re-posted. If they haven't filled the openings yet, they will have to in the next two months. Some people say there's no more chances at it, but there's no more chances at company wide buyouts....unless you appeal it, then you can get one. They don't always advertise everything, but it never hurts to ask.

Wow! Lots of good info, thanks! I'm wondering though, do you know if any of these locations will need any skilled trades? Millwrights in particular?

There was no mention of skilled trades openings at any of the three plants, just production, but always ask and double check, because the info changes very quickly right up until they post. Good luck, I hope all the skilled trades get to go back to the jobs they trained for, but it's going to take time. They said in the next 18 months two or three plants could add shifts, if our market share and production continues to grow....more shifts----more trades.

They said the report date for those going was in August, but I think the assembly plant and stamping plant had different report dates. It would be a TLO until you report, once B shift ends. Gary Sommerville's plant newsletter said more plant postings were coming, but no time frame. Some of the reps at the meeting said Chicago hasn't filled its' 1,100 openings yet, but they didn't specifically say it would be re-posted. If they haven't filled the openings yet, they will have to in the next two months. Some people say there's no more chances at it, but there's no more chances at company wide buyouts....unless you appeal it, then you can get one. They don't always advertise everything, but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks DEFLEP, Thanks Garry and thankyou UAW

Anyone hear what the cutoff date is yet, or around?

They are keeping 1720 workers for A shift. The seniority of worker # 1720 is I believe late 2000, but you have to factor in the high seniority that signed bids and are leaving, which will in effect cancel out a "cutoff date"(i.e.: if you're worker #2000, and 300 higher sen. leave, now you're #1700...there are 2115 workers left, so if 395 people leave, that leaves 1720). If AAI gets most of the bids for postings, (there's 8 or 9 plants that had these postings)then only the lowest in the plant, if any would be affected. (approx. 430 jobs cut and 440 postings) There were more workers at AAI signing for bids then there were bids, so I think all of the postings will be filled. Hopefully next week they'll post who got what bids. The union said by June 25th, (B shift's last day) everyone will know if they can stay at the plant and what dept. and unit they will be in. They said no ILO's, but people who got bids for other plants, but weren't needed yet, will be on TLO until they report. Some units in Trim that don't have a lot of people leaving for bids will have 2001/2002 seniority staying here. The union said you won't be forced out of unit if you're already in Trim. If they need workers in your unit, they'll fill from other depts. If your unit already has enough to cover RTO, you won't get high sen. coming in.

Just a question,If AAI decides not to go to tag relief does that mean layoffs for the excess?

When will AAI decide if they are doing tag relief?

The union says AAI going to tag relief in October. (it's not official yet) The company wants it so we can build more cars in the same 10 hour shift. Rep Chuck Browning said they are for whatever system that keeps the most jobs, even if they don't prefer Tag over Mass relief. This was factored into the number of workers kept, (tag keeps an extra 150 or so workers) so I've got to believe this is the plan and we're doing it. They do not want any layoffs, so I guess we're getting tag relief at the same time we elect team leaders and figure out who the relief people will be (by seniority or election...not sure which they'll do) There shouldn't be any excess workers once they get all this figured out, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it! Have a good one General!