New Explorer reveal

On Facebook today (15 Jun 2010), I was informed that the New Explorer will be revealed in July 2010. So it is coming.

Really can't wait to see what it looks like.

Ford needs another winner here. With the Fusion selling well, and the new Mustang starting to look like a sales winner, it would be nice if the Explorer really hits well and CAP can't build them fast enough. With Ecoboost fuel mileage and rear inflatable seat belts, this vehicle could be big hit. Ford needs another busy plant working overtime.

:hysterical: and the red is a $395 option.....

Yeah, what is up with red being a multi hundred dollar option. My Ford is matador red and not optional. My previous Ford was spruce green that changed colors when the light reflected off it, and still didn't cost me extra. I like the candy apple red on the Fusion, but not the price tag.

Yeah, what is up with red being a multi hundred dollar option. My Ford is matador red and not optional. My previous Ford was spruce green that changed colors when the light reflected off it, and still didn't cost me extra. I like the candy apple red on the Fusion, but not the price tag.

I think its to do with the mettalic flakes being so fine, the Yellow and Pearl white are the same...makes me wonder if all three are the three stage paint process....in which case i understand....all three are awesome colors...we had a yellow Fiesta here....not my choice, but it was a pretty car....

Ford needs another winner here. With the Fusion selling well, and the new Mustang starting to look like a sales winner, it would be nice if the Explorer really hits well and CAP can't build them fast enough. With Ecoboost fuel mileage and rear inflatable seat belts, this vehicle could be big hit. Ford needs another busy plant working overtime.

When's the last time CAP was running at capacity? Since the D3s went online in 2004, I doubt CAP has run at more than 75% cap. In fact, with the Taurus being the only model at CAP right now, how much capacity is there? The Taurus will sell around 75K units this year, probably (6-7K/month) - so that's gotta be a ton of capacity going to waste currently.

I'll be interested to see how all of the elements are carried out in the final product ("floating roof", bold c-pillar, land rover-esque dome hood, ford 3-bar grille, etc.) There's a lot going on, and I hope it's a bit better intergrated than all of the exterior elements of the Taurus. The Taurus isn't ugly in my book, it's just "busy", but I hope the Explorer is bit better.

When's the last time CAP was running at capacity? Since the D3s went online in 2004, I doubt CAP has run at more than 75% cap. In fact, with the Taurus being the only model at CAP right now, how much capacity is there? The Taurus will sell around 75K units this year, probably (6-7K/month) - so that's gotta be a ton of capacity going to waste currently.

Your forgetting about the MKS.

Saying the Economy is good, I'd figure the numbers to be like this:

Taurus: 100-120k a year

MKS: 50K

Explorer: 100-150K a year

Thats 300K units a year out of a plant, which is roughly 3 production shifts.