Bad news about my car turns into great news!!

rk2112

Well Everyone,

If you didn't read my "My 2011 will not ship due to quality issues!" thread, I was one of the 18 vehicles that had to be scrapped. Well I am sending out a BIG THANK YOU to Jeff @ Yocum Ford and the higher ups at Ford Corporate, because I am getting my car (sort of). They found my exact car at another dealership and it has already been delivered to Jeff. I am picking it up Saturday June 26th!!! When I talked to Ford management they were doing everything they could to either rush a new order through or locate a vehicle. Well Jeff found the exact car and the latter happened. I can't wait to take delivery!

Jeff took a couple of pics when the car was arriving at his dealership.........

post-41474-12769799597893_thumb.jpg

post-41474-12769799667405_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Why on earth would you want Kona blue when Grabber Blue is available???

It doesn't get any better than grabber blue with black stripes.

Personally, I want the dark blue (Kona) with black stripes.

I went through the canary yellow - fire engine red -bright green phases in my life already; 20 years ago. I'm not out to impress anyone, cry for attention, relive my youth or go through a midlife crisis. Dark greys/dark blues/black tend to draw less attention from the law and fly under the radar a bit more.

I'll do my talking, if I need to, on track day.

PS. Not saying that it isn't a nice colour -- it's just my personal choice.

Edited by OAC_Sparky

Me too, and the Kona Blue with the Brembos are must-haves on my list.

I'm 50/50 on the Brembos. The base brakes aren't bad at all, from what I've read the Brembos are only a marginal improvement and they still aren't good enough for hard core track use.

I'm 50/50 on the Brembos. The base brakes aren't bad at all, from what I've read the Brembos are only a marginal improvement and they still aren't good enough for hard core track use.

They'd be track ready with a better set of brake pads. Ford won't put full track pads in a street car -- you'll never get them up to optimal temp on the street and they'll be too noisy for the average consumer.

When you consider you get the Brembo blanks/calipers (6/4 piston f/r), the 19" rims and a strut bar for around $1500 it's a steal. The same package aftermarket for a big brake package alone will run you $2000 with no factory warranty.

They'd be track ready with a better set of brake pads. Ford won't put full track pads in a street car -- you'll never get them up to optimal temp on the street and they'll be too noisy for the average consumer.

When you consider you get the Brembo blanks/calipers (6/4 piston f/r), the 19" rims and a strut bar for around $1500 it's a steal. The same package aftermarket for a big brake package alone will run you $2000 with no factory warranty.

Um, not quite. The Brembo package gets you 14" front rotors and 4 piston Brembo front calipers ONLY. No rear brake upgrade. This is the case even for the Boss 302R.

Um, not quite. The Brembo package gets you 14" front rotors and 4 piston Brembo front calipers ONLY. No rear brake upgrade. This is the case even for the Boss 302R.

I stand corrected, it was my understanding that the Shelby had 6/4s. Still think it's a good deal for $1500 though.