"S" Plan discontinued?

mustang07

I heard several people say that the Ford "S" plan discount for Mazda vehicles has been discontinued..... does anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Hi mustang07. :D Yes, that information is correct. Unfortunately, now that Ford no longer owns a controlling interest in Mazda, we are no longer entitled to S-Plan pricing.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

S-Plan is still in effect, according to Mazda's S-PLAN Employee Purchase Program website. Check with your employer or sponsor to verify your eligibility.

Hi aneekr. :D As you stated, it is always a good idea for people to check with their employer or sponsor to verify eligibility. However, just so the correct information is available to those who are wondering: The S-Plan Mazda vehicle program for Ford Employees/family members, Ford Partners etc. is no longer in effect. It was terminated when Ford sold off its controlling share of Mazda. In fact, according to Federal Antitrust laws, it had to be terminated.

Or as Ford states in its official AXZ (and used-to-be S) Plan rules for their employees:

All Mazda vehicles are now ineligible for AXZS-Plans

In December 2008, Ford announced the sale of part of its ownership interest in Mazda.

As a result of the sale, Ford must treat Mazda as a competitor under the antitrust and

competition laws. This includes information on local advertising activities, or advertising

campaigns or themes, and plans for merchandising vehicles or parts, including plans to

offer special programs or incentives. Therefore, Mazda vehicles can no longer be

offered in the Ford AXZS-Plan program.

The Mazda site you linked to has simply never updated its information concerning Ford Employees. It is not an understatement to say that no Ford Employee has obtained an S-Plan pin for approximately a year and a half now. In addition, anyone can simply call Ford Plan Headquarters for the same information. Unfortunately, S-Plan is no longer available to Ford Employees and has not been for some time. The S-Plan is still in effect for people who qualify under the other non-Ford employee/non-Ford Partner employee classifications listed on that Mazda website.

For anyone who needs further clarification, simply call Ford AXZ-Plan Headquarters.

Edited by bbf2530

When we bought our CX-9 (just after they came out), we used S-Plan. Then, while looking through the forums on a certain Mazda website, I read that many members had bought their Mazdas at or below S-Plan by offering to buy at less than invoice minus incentives. They were successful even though they were buying a new model. So, If I were looking to buy another new Mazda, I'd do all my negotiating via email and find a dealer willing to sell at my price. Much easier to do the process online than to play the negotiation game on their home field.

• 1 month later...

Here in the Detroit area I've been seeing on TV and hearing on the radio Mazda ad's and that Ford employee "S" plan is available. So at least in this part of the country it appears that you can get a Mazda with the discount.

Hi mustang07. :D First, let me state upfront that I am not arguing or trying to give you a hard time. I simply want you and everyone else to have the correct information concerning this subject.

So, that being said, unfortunately you are not completely understanding how the AXZS-Plans actually work (or in the case of S-Plan, used to work). This is really simple, call Ford AXZ-Plan Headquarters and ask them how you can get a PIN for a Mazda S-Plan purchase. They will tell you that Mazda vehicles are no longer available for S-Plan purchase by Ford Employees or their families, friends. neighbors etc..

Again, below is a direct copy and paste from the Ford AXZ (and used to be S)-Plan website. It is the listing of vehicles which are ineligible for any Plan purchase, be it A, X,Z,D,S, etc.. (relating to Mazda purchases):

All Mazda vehicles are now ineligible for AXZ-Plans

In December 2008, Ford announced the sale of part of its ownership interest in Mazda.

As a result of the sale, Ford must treat Mazda as a competitor under the antitrust and

competition laws. This includes information on local advertising activities, or advertising

campaigns or themes, and plans for merchandising vehicles or parts, including plans to

offer special programs or incentives. Therefore, Mazda vehicles can no longer be

offered in the Ford AXZ-Plan.

As you can see, by Federal Anti-trust and competition laws , Ford can no longer offer pricing plans to it's employees for Mazda vehicles. This has been the case since December 2008 - January 2009, and the above copy and paste is from the latest update on the Ford AXZD-Plan website (dated August 2, 2010 and exactly the same as the rules I posted in Post #5 in July). S-Plan was a simple Mazda extension of the AXZ-Plans. The same now goes for Volvo vehicles, completely ineligible for Plan sales. Obviously, there is no reason for Ford to post this information on it's official Plan website unless it was true.

Mazda (or its local Dealerships) can advertise whatever they want. They can even say that they will sell a car to a Ford Employee at S-Plan prices. But it will not be an S-Plan sale (they no longer exist for Ford Employees) and it will not have the built in protections against price gouging that Ford offered.

There will be no AXZS-Plan paperwork submitted by the Mazda Dealership to Ford and processed by Ford. If you have any pricing problems, you will not be able to go to Ford for assistance. In the end, Ford makes and enforces the Plan rules and as can be seen above, Mazda vehicles are no longer available since Ford sold it's controlling interest in Mazda.

It would be the equivalent of a Ford Dealer offering to sell a car at A or X-Plan pricing without an A or X-Plan PIN. Yes, they can sell the car to you for any price they want, but without the A or X-Plan PIN, the buyer has none of the protection from price gouging that a true A/X Plan buyer is given by Ford on a true Plan sale. No PIN, no protection by Ford.

So to avoid confusion for others, Mazda vehicles are no longer available for purchase by Ford Employees, their family, friends, neighbors etc., on any Ford AXZDS-Plan sales.

This information is correct.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi mustang07. :D First, let me state upfront that I am not arguing or trying to give you a hard time. I simply want you and everyone else to have the correct information concerning this subject.

As you can see, by Federal Anti-trust and competition laws , Ford can no longer offer pricing plans to it's employees for Mazda vehicles. This has been the case since December 2008 - January 2009, and the above copy and paste is from the latest update on the Ford AXZD-Plan website (dated August 2, 2010 and exactly the same as the rules I posted in Post #5 in July). S-Plan was a simple Mazda extension of the AXZ-Plans. The same now goes for Volvo vehicles, completely ineligible for Plan sales. Obviously, there is no reason for Ford to post this information on it's official Plan website unless it was true.

Mazda (or its local Dealerships) can advertise whatever they want. They can even say that they will sell a car to a Ford Employee at S-Plan prices. But it will not be an S-Plan sale (they no longer exist for Ford Employees) and it will not have the built in protections against price gouging that Ford offered.

There will be no AXZS-Plan paperwork submitted by the Mazda Dealership to Ford and processed by Ford. If you have any pricing problems, you will not be able to go to Ford for assistance. In the end, Ford makes and enforces the Plan rules and as can be seen above, Mazda vehicles are no longer available since Ford sold it's controlling interest in Mazda.

It would be the equivalent of a Ford Dealer offering to sell a car at A or X-Plan pricing without an A or X-Plan PIN. Yes, they can sell the car to you for any price they want, but without the A or X-Plan PIN, the buyer has none of the protection from price gouging that a true A/X Plan buyer is given by Ford on a true Plan sale. No PIN, no protection by Ford.

So to avoid confusion for others, Mazda vehicles are no longer available for purchase by Ford Employees, their family, friends, neighbors etc., on any Ford AXZDS-Plan sales.

This information is correct.

Hi BBF2530 - Thank you for clearing this up - (no offense taken : D )

I was also at my local Mazda dealer last Friday (8/27) and what you have stated is absolutely correct. They are offering the equivalant (at least in the local Detroit area) of Ford "S" plan pricing without the "official" paperwork.

Phil