Holden: No Plans for Civvy Caprice Export

jpd80

Link to article.....

Holden isn't building a Chev-badged Statesman or Caprice for export to the US. That's the word from Emily Perry, Holden's Director External Communications.

Responding to the question posed by the Carsales Network this morning, Perry was unequivocal: "We have no plans to export that vehicle as a civilian car at this stage."

At least two web publishers have reported in recent days that Chevrolet is considering a civilian version of the Caprice PPV (the Holden-built police interceptor for the American market). The speculation appears to have been stirred up following Chevrolet's release of specifications for the Caprice PPV, which is based on the local Statesman/Caprice WM platform.

And all the GM fans went Awwwwwwww......:shades:

Zeta rumors are getting tiresome and boring.....

This is such a non-story here. If the U.S. can't build a car from the oldest technology platform type, they should go home.

The truth is that the US can't build a good RWD sedan anymore.

That's why GM gave the job to Holden and Ford is looking to FoA......

And before you start, Cadillac's Sigma platform was commenced by Holden

in the late 1990s and then taken over and made smaller by GMNA,

now they want it bigger and with Aussie Zeta suspension....

Edited by jpd80

The truth is that the US can't build a good RWD sedan anymore.

I wouldn't say can't. There just isn't a whole lot of desire to do it. Based on what the American manufacturers can still do with their RWD coupes I would imagine if the proper effort was put forth into a sedan, it would come out nicely as well. But, why develop one from the ground up if one of your other divisions happens to already have a suitable platform available?

I wouldn't say can't. There just isn't a whole lot of desire to do it. Based on what the American manufacturers can still do with their RWD coupes I would imagine if the proper effort was put forth into a sedan, it would come out nicely as well. But, why develop one from the ground up if one of your other divisions happens to already have a suitable platform available?

Ok, I thought someone would bite..:)

I love how the GM fans can't bring themselves to believe that

their company is moving away from V8 (RWD) cars...

Edited by jpd80

Only if fuel is cheap again, will we ever see big RWD cars, and btw, G8 was not as big as B bodies. And if so, they will have to be powered by ethenol, hybridss, or deisels. We'll never see 350 ci+ gasoline v8's in volume [non sporty] cars anymore.

Austalia still buys RWD cars since they were never into trucks/SUV's, and they don't have CAFE laws. But, they have higher gasoline prices. No gearhead will pay extra taxes for gas, so CAFE is here to stay.

Only if fuel is cheap again, will we ever see big RWD cars, and btw, G8 was not as big as B bodies. And if so, they will have to be powered by ethenol, hybridss, or deisels. We'll never see 350 ci+ gasoline v8's in volume [non sporty] cars anymore.

Austalia still buys RWD cars since they were never into trucks/SUV's, and they don't have CAFE laws. But, they have higher gasoline prices. No gearhead will pay extra taxes for gas, so CAFE is here to stay.