2004 f-150 a/c

bigbird

i am trying to find some info on a problem with my ac on a 2004 f-150 lariet supercab. i have the climate control system on my truck. the electronic ac system. driving down the road the ac will just stop working for no reason. then you hit the ac button or the auto button and it comes back on. i am trying to find any 04 truck owners with the same problem. it has done this 4 times so far. i have not had the time to take it to the dealer yet. it is still under warranty. thanks in advance for any info i can get.

Go to flat rate tech .com these are all ford techs they can answer most any question, my 04 with the standard hvac system just plain doesn't get very cold but all they tell me at the dealer is that the duct temp is withing ford specs but I have also read that ford used too small of a ac pump on the new model 04 and up for the size of the cab, I know mine ie pathetic. :shrug:

j-150 what is the ETAC you talk about I am getting ready to take mine back in again for poor cooling on ac, I have a shitty dealer here all they ever want to do is just say it is within ford specs, want to get another look at it before warranty expires?? Thanx

Have you thought of taking it to another dealer?

Sure have but am going to give them one more chance also think I need a computer re-flash throttle response is geting kind of slow and I have never had one have read that ford has new software for better performance, nearest dealer is about 40 mi. but that will be my next stop am getting pretty sick of ford tech support :shrug:

j-150 what is the ETAC you talk about I am getting ready to take mine back in again for poor cooling on ac, I have a shitty dealer here all they ever want to do is just say it is within ford specs, want to get another look at it before warranty expires?? Thanx

ETAC is the electronic climate control (vs the manual dials)

There have been issues with the ETAC head unit and dealers have been replacing them outright (due to the electronics)

This has been discussed quite a bit at F150online.com (04-06 forum)