2011 Ford Edge Warranty Pricing

scuubydoo3

I have already pre-ordered my 2011 Ford Edge Sport AWD. I'm starting to think about the warranty that I want with the vehicle. The Ford website only allows you to look at pricing if you have the VIN and odometer. Obviously that isnt possible cause I dont have the vehicle yet.

Can someone please give me the prices for the warranties (Premium, Extra, Base, and Powertrain) before I receive the vehicle so I can get an idea.

I have already pre-ordered my 2011 Ford Edge Sport AWD. I'm starting to think about the warranty that I want with the vehicle. The Ford website only allows you to look at pricing if you have the VIN and odometer. Obviously that isnt possible cause I dont have the vehicle yet.

Can someone please give me the prices for the warranties (Premium, Extra, Base, and Powertrain) before I receive the vehicle so I can get an idea.

Why do you want to waste money? If you really want one you can get it anytime until the 3/36K warranty expires. Why pay for something now that you can't use for 3 years?

Email Joel at jhawley@tworiversforrd.com

I found him on another ford site. He sells all warranties for $100 over cost. Got mine from him for my 6.0L. Everything done over the phone, he mails you the paperwork, will do the zero interest financing as well. Top notch guy, he quoted my ESP price and later told me he made a mistake and quoted me for the 5.4 gas instead of the 6.0 Powerstroke which I believe was an additional $400. Well he honored that price so he lost money on me but wasn't going to go against what he told me. I'd highly recommend him.

Edited by blwnsmoke

• 1 month later...

The ESP price in Canada in almost double than in States. :cry:

Yup, I noticed that as well.

I've read about some really great prices within the USA and added bonuses or perks e.g. free car washes for 5 years etc...my dealer wants to kill me on a 5 year extended warranty plan and wont even budge on the price.

• 3 weeks later...

Why do you want to waste money? If you really want one you can get it anytime until the 3/36K warranty expires. Why pay for something now that you can't use for 3 years?

I thought you have to purchase within a certain amount of miles or else there is an additional fee added to the warranty. Anyone know for sure, and more specifically, what that limit is?

I thought you have to purchase within a certain amount of miles or else there is an additional fee added to the warranty. Anyone know for sure, and more specifically, what that limit is?

Not sure - I've heard there is a $100 upcharge to buy it later but I don't know if that's real or just a dealer scare tactic. But you can definitely buy the warranty anytime before the bumper to bumper warranty runs out (3/36K for Fords).

Not sure - I've heard there is a $100 upcharge to buy it later but I don't know if that's real or just a dealer scare tactic. But you can definitely buy the warranty anytime before the bumper to bumper warranty runs out (3/36K for Fords).

I had the $100 figure in my head as well but didn't want to post it as I wasn't 100% sure either. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in.

I had the $100 figure in my head as well but didn't want to post it as I wasn't 100% sure either. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in.

I heard that as well... $100 more if issued after the first year/12,000 miles. Can't say for sure though, and hope someone in the know posts, as I'll want to take that info into account as well!

Edited by emeraldtx

I couldn't get a message to send to the Two Rivers Ford email posted on here so bought a 7 Year 60K mile zero deductible from my Lincoln dealer for our new 2011 Lincoln MKX for $1015. I didn't think that was too bad of a price to pay.

I apologize, I just looked at my post and saw the email address I wrote had two r's in ford. Not sure if you typed it in based on my posting or realized it and only used one "r". Only other thing I can think of is he doesn't work there anymore, last time I used him was about a year ago but still have his email saved.

Edited by blwnsmoke