Injury Due to No Floor Mats at DTP Body

Well it happened tonight just like I knew it would eventually and I'm sure it's not the only time it did, I've been telling everyone on here for a month now on how important it is to back people up on the line regarding the proper safety equipment at one's job station. Because there are no floor mats at the door hanging/loading stations at Body someone twisted their ankle real bad and was hurt tonight. It's really is a shame that the committee people and safety at Body can't make sure that the operators are provided with small basic things to prevent injuries on the line (And Medical wonder's why they are swamped) . All they can do is come down and write it up, smile and walk away! This pisses me off and further proves my point as to why there should be proper flooring down instead of hardwood with 3/4" 90 degree edges instead of the proper stuff. For those of you that don't know what type of mats I'm referring too (and management/safety may want to also refer to this), I'll draw you a photo because all the ACH plants are installing these now:

mats.jpg

Lets get the sh*t together Body and at least get some floor mats down in those areas so that people don't get hurt and also so that people don't go home with sore feet. If I wind up twisting my ankle, I'll be pissed.

Thank you and have a nice day UAW!..

Edited by 995
  • Like 1

Well it happened tonight just like I knew it would eventually and I'm sure it's not the only time it did, I've been telling everyone on here for a month now on how important it is to back people up on the line regarding the proper safety equipment at one's job station. Because there are no floor mats at the door hanging/loading stations at Body someone twisted their ankle real bad and was hurt tonight. It's really is a shame that the committee people and safety at Body can't make sure that the operators are provided with small basic things to prevent injuries on the line (And Medical wonder's why they are swamped) . All they can do is come down and write it up, smile and walk away! This pisses me off and further proves my point as to why there should be proper flooring down instead of hardwood with 3/4" 90 degree edges instead of the proper stuff. For those of you that don't know what type of mats I'm referring too (and management/safety may want to also refer to this), I'll draw you a photo because all the ACH plants are installing these now:

mats.jpg

Lets get the sh*t together Body and at least get some floor mats down in those areas so that people don't get hurt and also so that people don't go home with sore feet. If I wind up twisting my ankle, I'll be pissed.

Thank you and have a nice day UAW!..

Sucks to hear someone got hurt.

You back to work ? I went to introduce myself a few weeks ago but was told you where out on medical.

I think we lost another one at the rear door hang to injury last night, where is health and safety?

UAW/MANAGEMENT

:hysterical: we have health and safety reps :hysterical:

theres no such thing as a safety violation as long as the violation keeps the lines moving :happy feet: :

just keep the lines moving no matter who its mames or kills :banghead: safety :stirpot::hysterical:

oh keep your safety glasses on thats balance and 3 and no smoking your health and safety are at risk :confused:

Just a refresher, your health & safety phone numbers are:

Tony Siek - 313-337-1948

Bob Selberg 313-248-3433

Mark Buckley 313-845-0458

Because these numbers are already published I feel I can post them.

Can anyone besides myself step up to the plate and call these people to complain about your safety issues, I'm not doing it anymore I have to deal with rude ass team leaders that think they are supervisors and think they can tell you what to do and dictate where you work. I won't mention any names.

I would ask for ergonomic information (phone numbers and names) being that I don't know anyone here at body but I don't think talking to those people will do any good. Your right, keep the line moving outside the safety standards. Problem is everyone agreeing to do this is hurting others in the process and new people that come to the plant. Remember DTP is getting over 100 more people!. Do you think these people are going to want to do these jobs? hell no. DTP is nothing but a turnover system setup by the local and company to get people off their pay rolls. I'm talking buyouts and terminations or at least it looks like that, I may be wrong, because I will admit I'm not always right.

Edited by 995

Sorry to here about that 995. I agree that DTP Body is messed up. Walking on hard wooden floors mounted to cement is crazy. Its 2010 we have a thing called ergo mats, so get the damn things installed before others are injured. Something we all share is the fact we are getting older, the wooden floors are killing our legs and feet everyday. I will definitely be calling the UAW safety/ergo reps about this issue. Hopefully we’ll get some support from our brothers and sisters and they’ll also start calling the union about this.

How about the station fan issue, this place is a sweat shop. I know we have the condensed air system (Bigfoot) but no air flow = sweating your ass off regardless of it being 84 - 86 degrees. Station fans was a long hard fight won by the Union many years ago, to just let it slip away so easily is just wrong. The other thing that shocks me with the Bigfoot system is that fact that we have it in every shop but stamping, if I’m wrong please correct me.

995 don’t give up the fight, and keep calling them regardless of your issues with your team leader. In our next contract some of us will want these team leader issues addressed.

Here’s one way we can address it:

Team leaders should be a yearly elected position. This will stop the “I’m the boss” mind set. The team leaders that do well by their members will have nothing to worry about, they’ll get elected and re-elected. The ones that have been shitting on their members will be back on line, or they can go salary as they act like they want to be anyway. I’m sure we will here from them with this post, they will be crying the blues and spitting all over this type of correction. But trust me this will definitely fix the issue and fix it fast.

Here’s another issue; I was told by a member that in order to keep the lines running in his unit, underbody, they have to build up a parts rack (I think they call it the “tube job”) and in order to do so they have to completely squat down to the floor to get to the parts. Has nobody in UAW Ergo or in the Engineering department ever heard of a floor lift? How do you not address and correct such a simple issue as this?

My name is Jeff Hodges and I’m on the box line outer, day shift. Please swing by and chat with me I would like to meet you. Or let me know when I can swing by and meet with you. I like to hear anyone’s ideas for change, issues, practices and things you had and did at your previous plant that worked. Or if you’re from DTP let me know about the things that worked here before all this craziness happened.

Be Good

Sorry to here about that 995. I agree that DTP Body is messed up. Walking on hard wooden floors mounted to cement is crazy. Its 2010 we have a thing called ergo mats, so get the damn things installed before others are injured. Something we all share is the fact we are getting older, the wooden floors are killing our legs and feet everyday. I will definitely be calling the UAW safety/ergo reps about this issue. Hopefully we’ll get some support from our brothers and sisters and they’ll also start calling the union about this.

How about the station fan issue, this place is a sweat shop. I know we have the condensed air system (Bigfoot) but no air flow = sweating your ass off regardless of it being 84 - 86 degrees. Station fans was a long hard fight won by the Union many years ago, to just let it slip away so easily is just wrong. The other thing that shocks me with the Bigfoot system is that fact that we have it in every shop but stamping, if I’m wrong please correct me.

995 don’t give up the fight, and keep calling them regardless of your issues with your team leader. In our next contract some of us will want these team leader issues addressed.

Team leaders should be a yearly elected position. This will stop the “I’m the boss” mind set. The team leaders that do well by their members will have nothing to worry about, they’ll get elected and re-elected. The ones that have been shitting on their members will be back on line, or they can go salary as they act like they want to be anyway. I’m sure we will here from them with this post, they will be crying the blues and spitting all over this type of correction. But trust me this will definitely fix the issue and fix it fast.

Here’s another issue; I was told by a member that in order to keep the lines running in his unit, underbody, they have to build up a parts rack (I think they call it the “tube job”) and in order to do so they have to completely squat down to the floor to get to the parts. Has nobody in UAW Ergo or in the Engineering department ever heard of a floor lift? How do you not address and correct such a simple issue as this?

My name is Jeff Hodges and I’m on the box line outer, day shift. Please swing by and chat with me I would like to meet you. Or let me know when I can swing by and meet with you. I like to hear anyone’s ideas for change, issues, practices and things you had and did at your previous plant that worked. Or if you’re from DTP let me know about the things that worked here before all this craziness happened.

Be Good

Jeff there is a removal process for team leaders, the problem is all the members of the team have to be willing to stand up and push through the paperwork to get it done.

Fans or an air flow system(like what they have over the door line in final) is something that will need to be addressed with the next contract. Those of us that have been here since the place opened have tried but when the main safety rep goes along with whatever the company spews its hard to get far on that fight.

The same goes with ergo mats , believe me when the place opened they had us on concrete floors. So while the wood crap is not great it was better than what we started with. Again another issue that Charles Terry can be thanked for not pushing hard enough on the mats.

Edited by lquidspine

Be Good

Redemption I will be coming to day shift in Nov, I'll be glad to come down and meet you when I do. As for Ergo and safety we all know it's a joke unless these guys see these threads and buckle up and step up to show were wrong which I doubt it because yes in my years of experience these people have been in the back pockets of the in plant union and company and won't do anything about issues workers bring to them. They feel we are just crying and complaining about our job, so they kiss but by stating this to the company. You can see them just standing by the watter cooler and having a laugh. I picture it as I type this at this moment. :)

As for team leaders yes you can vote them out or they will vote themselves out by pissing the wrong person off thats for sure. I am so tired of being told shit from now on I want a "somebody" not a "nobody" telling me what to do. Sorry that's my attitude.

As for the fans, I told everyone about this already at body and also called downtown, and the service rep as well, they won't give me an answer on it, so I guess just bring in your own fan and lock it up on the line. My old job I did this and allowed all the shifts to use my fan, then when I left they were wondering where the fan went!. :) sorry guys at Saline..

As the weather drops down now fans really won't be an issue unless your on the door loading/hanging job at body. That area does need large Jan fans bolted to a lower hanging strut on both sides blowing in the direction of the operators down the line and it will be a big difference in that area and on the next work station down as well.

Another Ergo issue for this job is to hang the nut gun from a cable/pulley (there is already a green strut) mounted over the hanging operators for this. To constantly pick up and set down a 6 pound torque nut gun all day is just going to keep people going to medical.

Also just a suggestion in case ergo reads this thread which I'm sure they do sitting in their chairs all day, and that is to take the door scrape and prof switch and move it to the center of the work area where the operator grabs the nuts for the gun. You also have a trip hazard in that work station.

These are things I talked about long ago but won't get fixed because those younger guys over there keep their heads down and don't say anything and they keep the line moving. It won't last for long, because I'm going to make sure things get changed down there, and everyone can hate me if they want, I don't go there to make friends at dtp body anyway. Matter of fact 99% of everyone is rude and they act like management anyway. I'm tired of it and stressed out over it.

I'm going to start a blog a blog spot for dtp, you all can sign up and join me over there if you wish!.

here is the address:

DTP ROUGE ISSUES

Please post your concerns, ergo and safety issues so I can use this blog and present to people down at the region.

No voice will be unheard I promise you!.

Redemption I will be coming to day shift in Nov, I'll be glad to come down and meet you when I do. As for Ergo and safety we all know it's a joke unless these guys see these threads and buckle up and step up to show were wrong which I doubt it because yes in my years of experience these people have been in the back pockets of the in plant union and company and won't do anything about issues workers bring to them. They feel we are just crying and complaining about our job, so they kiss but by stating this to the company. You can see them just standing by the watter cooler and having a laugh. I picture it as I type this at this moment. :)

As for team leaders yes you can vote them out or they will vote themselves out by pissing the wrong person off thats for sure. I am so tired of being told shit from now on I want a "somebody" not a "nobody" telling me what to do. Sorry that's my attitude.

As for the fans, I told everyone about this already at body and also called downtown, and the service rep as well, they won't give me an answer on it, so I guess just bring in your own fan and lock it up on the line. My old job I did this and allowed all the shifts to use my fan, then when I left they were wondering where the fan went!. :) sorry guys at Saline..

As the weather drops down now fans really won't be an issue unless your on the door loading/hanging job at body. That area does need large Jan fans bolted to a lower hanging strut on both sides blowing in the direction of the operators down the line and it will be a big difference in that area and on the next work station down as well.

Another Ergo issue for this job is to hang the nut gun from a cable/pulley (there is already a green strut) mounted over the hanging operators for this. To constantly pick up and set down a 6 pound torque nut gun all day is just going to keep people going to medical.

Also just a suggestion in case ergo reads this thread which I'm sure they do sitting in their chairs all day, and that is to take the door scrape and prof switch and move it to the center of the work area where the operator grabs the nuts for the gun. You also have a trip hazard in that work station.

These are things I talked about long ago but won't get fixed because those younger guys over there keep their heads down and don't say anything and they keep the line moving. It won't last for long, because I'm going to make sure things get changed down there, and everyone can hate me if they want, I don't go there to make friends at dtp body anyway. Matter of fact 99% of everyone is rude and they act like management anyway. I'm tired of it and stressed out over it.

I'm going to start a blog a blog spot for dtp, you all can sign up and join me over there if you wish!.

here is the address:

DTP ROUGE ISSUES

Please post your concerns, ergo and safety issues so I can use this blog and present to people down at the region.

from what i hear these team leaders are a real problem in all plants

i do no at kcap there so brainwashed its pathitic and all i can do is laugh at them they really think they are it and the place won't run without them

and to be honest these idiots took on the work a supervisor used to do for 65 cents more an hour :hysterical:

they do everything but pay us and make out disciplinary reports

yeah there rude ignorant and have no power so tell them to go f$$k themselfs

now here is a question i can seem to get a answer to if these team leaders run the show

why do we have more supervisor on the floor now than we did before there was a team leader ?????

looks to me like a big waste of money keeping a bunch of do nothing salary people :hysterical:

here is the address:

DTP ROUGE ISSUES

Just realize when you click on this link he has the software to see who you are....Im calling a truce Chucky...I wont make fun of you anymore unless you REALLY deserve it lol...maybe i was a little harsh on you. But when I was a new hire a LONG time ago you gave me a ton of shit..but i think were even

UAWXLT, we had the same issue with Team Leaders acting as if they are salary and that the plant couldnt survive without them at AAI in the bargaining. They where hand picked by the company and we really didnt have any language to remove them.

At AAI (MMUC at the time) we negotiated language that stated that all team leaders will be selected by election from the team they service. Then, after this presented many issues, the largest being AWOL member coverage, team leaders with less seniority felt that if it wasnt the team they covered, then they didnt have to go online. So, in the next contract we set it up for the team leaders to be elected yearly by majority vote within the entire unit. This system worked well and is still in affect today.

The Team Leaders at AAI were not in any way shape or form doing the salary job as done in the DTP Team Leader job description in both the Assembly Contract and the Body/Stamping contract. They dont assign members to there job or job rotation, they dont canvass for overtime, they dont schedule vacation time, and they damn for sure didnt evaluate anyones job performance.

Hope this helps

Be Good

Edited by ReDemption
  • Like 1

from what i hear these team leaders are a real problem in all plants

i do no at kcap there so brainwashed its pathitic and all i can do is laugh at them they really think they are it and the place won't run without them

and to be honest these idiots took on the work a supervisor used to do for 65 cents more an hour :hysterical:

they do everything but pay us and make out disciplinary reports

yeah there rude ignorant and have no power so tell them to go f$$k themselfs

now here is a question i can seem to get a answer to if these team leaders run the show

why do we have more supervisor on the floor now than we did before there was a team leader ?????

looks to me like a big waste of money keeping a bunch of do nothing salary people :hysterical:

I work in Ontario, and we just have one leader for a line. (15-20 guys) The job is seniority based. Are you guys using the FPS work group system with 5 or 6 guys in a group and rotate jobs?

Hosh I havent seen anything remotely FPS since Ive been at DTP Body. Our Team Leaders assign jobs, canvass and update overtime, send you home, evaluate your work performance, update your pay sheet and post it, and report to management of your attendance.

Could you please let me know if this is the same job description as your FPS Team Leader positions? Also, team leaders at DTP Body are on their own equalization and even get to work the shut downs out side of seniority of the production members, working in the production unit.

Thanks

Edited by ReDemption

Hosh I haven’t seen anything remotely FPS since I’ve been at DTP Body. Our Team Leaders assign jobs, canvass and update overtime, send you home, evaluate your work performance, update your pay sheet and post it, and report to management of your attendance.

Could you please let me know if this is the same job description as your FPS Team Leader positions? Also, team leaders at DTP Body are on their on equalization and even get to work the shut downs out side of seniority of the production members, working in the production unit.

Thanks

Sounds like DTP runs a whole different system than what we have. Are leaders all have 20+ years. They put gloves and aprons out, fill up stock boxes, give people washrooms, and fill in if someone goes to medical. Leaders do have radios, but they aren't in charge of anything. As far as canvassing overtime, that is the foremans job. The leaders may pick up some repairs as well, depending on how motivated they are. As far as attendance, work evaluation etc, salaried work. As for shutdown, it goes with seniority.

Yea Hosh, it’s a huge eye opener coming here to DTP and learning what has been let go and has/is allowed.

But let me be clear there are some very good team leaders that care about their team and work with them. The issue is the ones that think they are Salary and above the rest of us union members.

Have a good one brother

Sounds like DTP runs a whole different system than what we have. Are leaders all have 20+ years. They put gloves and aprons out, fill up stock boxes, give people washrooms, and fill in if someone goes to medical. Leaders do have radios, but they aren't in charge of anything. As far as canvassing overtime, that is the foremans job. The leaders may pick up some repairs as well, depending on how motivated they are. As far as attendance, work evaluation etc, salaried work. As for shutdown, it goes with seniority.

So, in ten more years all I have to do is put out gloves,aprons and give a couple medicals along with a few piss calls if I get the leader job? I'll definately be signing up for that job when I get there if thats all they do.

Here’s an update on our ergo mat (anti fatigue) situation at DTP Body. I called the union out in order to request ergo mats.

Here’s how the conversation went:

• Me: I would like some ergo mats installed on my station.

• Union: You’re not going to get them.

• Me: The contract says I can request them.

• Union: We have a study that proves that the wood floor absorbs more impact then the anti fatigue mats and is better on your knees.

(understand that this wood is mounted directly to cement flooring)

• Me: Can I have a copy of this so called study.

• Union: We don’t have one

• Me: Did you read it.

• Union: No, they have it down town with VO and IUAW.

• Me: So you don’t have the study, you’ve never read the study, but your running with it?

• Union: We conducted a survey here in the plant and it unanimously passed that the members wanted wood flooring.

• Me: Could I get a copy of that survey?

• Union: We don’t have it.

• Me: That’s shocking (sarcasm)

• Union: We will send a person out from the company Thursday to do your study.

• Me: Why would you send a person out to conduct a survey if you already have one?

• Union: This all happened before I got here.

• Me: I appreciate that, but if I tell you that the company has been kicking my ass for 5 years are you going to say its ok because it’s before your time?

• Union: Look, the wood flooring is going to be the industry standard.

• Me: Ok, well let me tell about industry standard; they used to pull the line manually by rope and that was the industry standard.

• Union: Well, all I can say is that it happened before I was brought on.

• Me: Don’t you think the members still working on ergo mats should have a copy of this study, because according to you, they are being subjected to more stress then those of us on wood and could suffer knee issues more readily.

• Union: I see your point, but they couldn’t install wood on the metal surfaced platforms.

• Me: Why not?

• Union: It would slip around. But we’ll send the guy out to conduct your study this Thursday.

End

Thursday came and went, can you guess who didn’t show up with a copy of the “study” and an impact transducer to prove to me that wood absorbs more impact then rubber. You guessed it, “the guy”.

It’s very freighting to me when our Union Representation starts listening to these so called “studies” without contacting the experts themselves. Anti fatigue mats have been installed on work shop floors since the 1960’s. All you have to do is look up the “wearwell” study and you’ll see that ergo mats increased productivity, lower absenteeism and lower the injury rate. At the factory in Tennessee where the "wearwell" study was conducted, ergo mats lowered the injury rate by 300%. http://www.antifatiguemats4u.com/safety-mats/wearwell-wearwell-study

Its 2010 and we are being subjected to pre 1960’s ergonomic work standards. I guess pulling the assembly line manually by rope is next. But don’t worry, they’ll have a survey and or a study that says its better, but they dont have a copy of either of them, nor have they read them.

Edited by ReDemption

Here’s an update on our ergo mat (anti fatigue) situation at DTP Body. I called the union out in order to request ergo mats.

Here’s how the conversation went:

• Me: I would like some ergo mats installed on my station.

• Union: You’re not going to get them.

• Me: The contract says I can request them.

• Union: We have a study that proves that the wood floor absorbs more impact then the anti fatigue mats and is better on your knees.

(understand that this wood is mounted directly to cement flooring)

• Me: Can I have a copy of this so called study.

• Union: We don’t have one

• Me: Did you read it.

• Union: No, they have it down town with VO and IUAW.

• Me: So you don’t have the study, you’ve never read the study, but your running with it?

• Union: We conducted a survey here in the plant and it unanimously passed that the members wanted wood flooring.

• Me: Could I get a copy of that survey?

• Union: We don’t have it.

• Me: That’s shocking (sarcasm)

• Union: We will send a person out from the company Thursday to do your study.

• Me: Why would you send a person out to conduct a survey if you already have one?

• Union: This all happened before I got here.

• Me: I appreciate that, but if I tell you that the company has been kicking my ass for 5 years are you going to say its ok because it’s before your time?

• Union: Look, the wood flooring is going to be the industry standard.

• Me: Ok, well let me tell about industry standard; they used to pull the line manually by rope and that was the industry standard.

• Union: Well, all I can say is that it happened before I was brought on.

• Me: Don’t you think the members still working on ergo mats should have a copy of this study, because according to you, they are being subjected to more stress then those of us on wood and could suffer knee issues more readily.

• Union: I see your point, but they couldn’t install wood on the metal surfaced platforms.

• Me: Why not?

• Union: It would slip around. But we’ll send the guy out to conduct your study this Thursday.

End

Thursday came and went, can you guess who didn’t show up with a copy of the “study” and an impact transducer to prove to me that wood absorbs more impact then rubber. You guessed it, “the guy”.

It’s very freighting to me when our Union Representation starts listening to these so called “studies” without contacting the experts themselves. Anti fatigue mats have been installed on work shop floors since the 1960’s. All you have to do is look up the “wearwell” study and you’ll see that ergo mats increased productivity, lower absenteeism and lower the injury rate. At the factory in Tennessee where the "wearwell" study was conducted, ergo mats lowered the injury rate by 300%. http://www.antifatiguemats4u.com/safety-mats/wearwell-wearwell-study

Its 2010 and we are being subjected to pre 1960’s ergonomic work standards. I guess pulling the assembly line manually by rope is next. But don’t worry, they’ll have a survey and or a study that says its better, but they dont have a copy of either of them, nor have they read them.

I sent some more personal Info via PM, but this I will state loud and clear.

They never conducted a survey concerning the wood floors.

It was better than the concrete we started on but the wood does not work in the same manor when by design is was meant to be a free flowing (sort to speak) system that is installed in Final. Body is not the same set up but they refused to listen back then. Even more sad is that the Health and Safety rep only cares about sleeves and cell phones and blaming the workers, I can not honestly think of one battle he has fought and won (as a safety rep) for the workers.

The slip line is classic "has no fucking clue" answer how about looking at how the mats are secured on the platforms , hell they already have the anchors from the wood floors in place.

Truly sad excuses all around, keep up the fight though.

It’s very freighting to me when our Union Representation starts listening to these so called “studies” without contacting the experts themselves.

Monkey see, monkey do. The union reps are just passing on what the leaders wants them to say, in hopes that you will pass on the same thing to your co-workers.

The less thinking you do, the better.

Is it any wonder why these unions keep supporting the left? Remember, we're all idiots, and they are all geniuses

I agree LQ and Cheese.

The wood might be ok installed on a skillet conveyor do to the fact that the framing flex’s when walked on. So the wood will actually give someone under the person’s weight.

At Lavonia Transmission they installed wood floors in the early 60’s for better ergonomics over cement. In the late 80’s early 90’s they installed anti fatigue mats over the wood for (hold on to your hat for this one) better ergonomics over wood.

I bet there where tons of studies performed proving that the rubber mats were and still to this day superior to wood. I’m sure there were many hard fought battles from our IUAW to win this ergo issue for us workers and now at Dearborn Body we are asked to concede without any battle. I’m not talking about Dearborn Assembly because it was brought to my attention that the Representation at Assembly fought and won this issue for the members that asked for the same ergonomic right that we have asked for.

Let me also say that I haven’t called our Bargaining Committee people over this issue yet. I asked to speak with our Safety Rep to explain that the secondary safety cables on the hoist’s we use to lift the skids are installed improperly. Our Safety Rep agreed and said he would have them moved as soon as possible. I also told him that he might want to investigate the all of the hoists for this issue, he agreed. The Ergo Rep came out with our Safety Rep so I thought that I would just tell him that I would like to request ergo mats installed. Both of them instantly responded with “you’re not going to get them”.

I will continue this battle until resolve. We should not be subjected to this type of fatigue and bodily pain, nobody should. I will not accept any study or survey without reading it myself, then given the right to contact the originator and challenge the merits. Our Union Representatives should do what they where elected or appointed and sworn in to do and its very simple “REPRESENT US”.

Have a great Holiday all.

Jeff Hodges

DTP Body Shop

Box Unit (outer)

Edited by ReDemption
  • Like 1

Yea Hosh, it's a huge eye opener coming here to DTP and learning what has been let go and has/is allowed.

But let me be clear there are some very good team leaders that care about their team and work with them. The issue is the ones that think they are Salary and above the rest of us union members.

Have a good one brother

And people complain about things at AAI when we brought in the second shift a few years ago. They couldn't wait to get out of there. We just need to get rid of our chairman and b.c.'s!

I will continue this battle until resolve. We should not be subjected to this type of fatigue and bodily pain, nobody should. I will not accept any study or survey without reading it myself, then given the right to contact the originator and challenge the merits. Our Union Representatives should do what they where elected or appointed and sworn in to do and its very simple “REPRESENT US”.

Have a great Holiday all.

Jeff Hodges

DTP Body Shop

Box Unit (outer)

Jeff I work down near the hang jobs and I want to see this report also from our union stating that wood is better then rubber and why we can't get these mats. I am tired of going home every night with my feet and legs hurting me and believe me I have some good work shoes so I know it's not the shoes. I'm even jell'n and that don't help.

At least you sign your thread and don't hide on here like some people. Hell some people even get banned on here for venting and telling the truth. I seem the think that maybe the webmaster of this board has an axe to grind with hourly. Hopefully that's not true.

I'm going to get with Chuck when he comes back from Medical and talk with him about this cause he seems to be real spirited on this stuff. Now that the cold weather is coming I don't think not having fans is a big problem but it would be nice to get some floor mats installed.

I heard the team leader Jim swore at him and wouldn't call the union down so he went out on stress. I'm not going to mention my real name because I am friends with Jim but I do think Jim takes his job to seriously and tries to suck up to people so they keep voting him in. I remember when he used to buy cookies for everyone and leave'em in the break room then he got all mad because people wouldn't pay him for them. lol

Ahh well, everyone has their issues I guess. These days you got to watch out what you say to people. It's not worth the time off or losing your job for it.

Edited by dtpbody
  • Like 2

Jeff I work down near the hang jobs and I want to see this report also from our union stating that wood is better then rubber and why we can't get these mats. I am tired of going home every night with my feet and legs hurting me and believe me I have some good work shoes so I know it's not the shoes. I'm even jell'n and that don't help.

At least you sign your thread and don't hide on here like some people. Hell some people even get banned on here for venting and telling the truth. I seem the think that maybe the webmaster of this board has an axe to grind with hourly. Hopefully that's not true.

I'm going to get with Chuck when he comes back from Medical and talk with him about this cause he seems to be real spirited on this stuff. Now that the cold weather is coming I don't think not having fans is a big problem but it would be nice to get some floor mats installed.

I heard the team leader Jim swore at him and wouldn't call the union down so he went out on stress. I'm not going to mention my real name because I am friends with Jim but I do think Jim takes his job to seriously and tries to suck up to people so they keep voting him in. I remember when he used to buy cookies for everyone and leave'em in the break room then he got all mad because people wouldn't pay him for them. lol

Ahh well, everyone has their issues I guess. These days you got to watch out what you say to people. It's not worth the time off or losing your job for it.

You and your fake profiles Chucky LOL..Did you really go on medical because your team leader swore at you?? wouldnt call union?? Thats STRESS?? You are a weird ass bird. A child would cry and pout like you

The system created itself, I think he's using it to his advantage at this point. I'd say very smart on his part since we have no union or no one that is willing to step up for the worker in this plant. Remember he's getting paid to sit at home and your working your ass off. I actually have to clap my hands at him. They kept messing with him down there and now he has the upper hand. They can't mess with him now like they did the last time he was down there. And if the team leader did swear and cuss at him he has every right to bring it to everyone's attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo38h7Wdc88&feature=related

Edited by dtpbody