LAP losing Kuga??

fantasyfrank

As has been stated many times already, LAP is getting the Escape, We are hearing rumors of a Lincoln version as well as focus overflow. Kuga was only to be exports anyway. Official announcement is supposed to be Sept. 13th

Here's hoping you get that announcement soon and get a good product! Good luck!

Anybody have any info on LAP losing the Kuga?

kcap was scheduled to stop building the escape at the end of its life cycle which is the 2011 model

it was just announced that kcap will be building the 2012 model escape according to management engineers and vendor reps

no one said anything about the kuga i do know the 5 seat kuga is a export version of the escape

rumer is ford is reconcidering putting so many models on the same platform because thats what toyota does and look at the mess there in

ie the c platform the focus sets on and

retooling kcap for the new escape on the current platform would be about 1/3 the cost of retooling lap

it also helps that alan ceo and jay governor of missouri are friends

kcap was scheduled to stop building the escape at the end of its life cycle which is the 2011 model

it was just announced that kcap will be building the 2012 model escape according to management engineers and vendor reps

no one said anything about the kuga i do know the 5 seat kuga is a export version of the escape

rumer is ford is reconcidering putting so many models on the same platform because thats what toyota does and look at the mess there in

retooling kcap for the new escape on the current platform would be about 1/3 the cost of retooling lap

i actually heard today , that the escape will stop running at kcap jun of 011, and the retooling for lap is being paid for by goverment money from uncle obama and the state of kentucky tax incentives. The platform will be the new c platrform same as map, is kcap currently running on a c platform? I am not for sure. The kuga export was all about money , it was cheaper to build here and export, but things change, We will find out in a few weeks when our announcements are made puiblic.

The present Escape platform is over 10 years old, big mistake to continue to use it IMO.

Mullaly is coming to KC on 9/16. He wouldn't show up to deliver bad news. Since the KC City Council is also involved, I expect Gov. Nixon and the press corp here for a big announcement.

KC City council invited?.....for what reason....the plant isn't in the city limits of KC plus that's the 12 most worthless people in the state.

KC City council invited?.....for what reason....the plant isn't in the city limits of KC plus that's the 12 most worthless people in the state.

You must be a transplant most of the plant is in KC and was puchased from lamar hunt i guess you understand that part of the plant is owned by the goverment or was powned some say ford bought the part of the plant that the airplane wing was built in :confused:

I don't disagree with you on one thing the KANSAS CITY CITY COUNCIL are the biggest morons in the Country

:hysterical: this is pointless kcap is scheduled to build a 2012 model escape and if Ford closes KCAP most of us have been there done that and we move on to another plant or job

You must be a transplant most of the plant is in KC and was puchased from lamar hunt i guess you understand that part of the plant is owned by the goverment or was powned some say ford bought the part of the plant that the airplane wing was built in :confused:

I don't disagree with you on one thing the KANSAS CITY CITY COUNCIL are the biggest morons in the Country

:hysterical: this is pointless kcap is scheduled to build a 2012 model escape and if Ford closes KCAP most of us have been there done that and we move on to another plant or job

Nope, I'm not a transplant......worked there for 32 years before retiring 14 months ago....check a map of city boundries, the production facilities are not in KC, can't say for certain about all the vacant land south of the plant tho. Ford built the plant in the early 50's and it was the federal govt. that leased the building to produce airplane wings for the Korean war effort. Lamar Hunt?....The Hunt family never had any business interests north of the river other than the underground caves adjacent to 210 hwy and the amusement parks.....where'd you get that information, a supermarket tabloid?.....

LAP lost the Kuga its going to Mexico

and that is true on a fiesta platform not the c

ford has been spied driving a b platform crossover mule overseas, the kuga is a c platform vehicle, the sport version of the 5 passenger c- max, they may call the b segment something else, but highly doubt it would change vehicle size , when they sell so well in europe

ford has been spied driving a b platform crossover mule overseas, the kuga is a c platform vehicle, the sport version of the 5 passenger c- max, they may call the b segment something else, but highly doubt it would change vehicle size , when they sell so well in europe

The cuv thats built on the b platform is the Ford Fiesta Trail or Ford Ecosport they already build them in BRAZIL not the kuga that is built on c platform "focus"

Nope, I'm not a transplant......worked there for 32 years before retiring 14 months ago....check a map of city boundries, the production facilities are not in KC, can't say for certain about all the vacant land south of the plant tho. Ford built the plant in the early 50's and it was the federal govt. that leased the building to produce airplane wings for the Korean war effort. Lamar Hunt?....The Hunt family never had any business interests north of the river other than the underground caves adjacent to 210 hwy and the amusement parks.....where'd you get that information, a supermarket tabloid?.....

your retired why are you on a employee forum your no longer a employee

go cry about your retirement cuts in the retiree forum

and you need to research a little lamar hunt was all over kansas city and sold most of the ground around kcap to ford

don't forget trans world that was building bomber wings for the b-25/17 before ford came into the picture in early 1950's to build domestic products as well as being a war plant on call for conversion within 90 days

69 was a gravel road and 435 didn't exsist the finished planes was flown out of whats now the downtown airport

ford was then located in the old steel district in kansas city ie kcap

so retiree 32 years thank you for your severice and being able to retire and enjoy life

get ready the ones working harder now than you ever did see no retirement insight until we are 70 or older maybe you need to sign up for a obama retirement home hope the cots are comfy

because right now i will not take anymore wage cuts or benefit cuts for a spoiled bunch of baby boomers yeah i'm the grandchild of a baby boomer

and you need to research a little lamar hunt was all over kansas city and sold most of the ground around kcap to ford

don't forget trans world that was building bomber wings for the b-25/17 before ford came into the picture in early 1950's to build domestic products as well as being a war plant on call for conversion within 90 days

69 was a gravel road and 435 didn't exsist the finished planes was flown out of whats now the downtown airport

so retiree 32 years thank you for your severice and being able to retire and enjoy life

get ready the ones working harder now than you ever did see no retirement insight until we are 70 or older maybe you need to sign up for a obama retirement home hope the cots are comfy

because right now i will not take anymore wage cuts or benefit cuts for a spoiled bunch of baby boomers yeah i'm the grandchild of a baby boomer

This forum is for active and retired Ford employees only!

• Like 1

I am sure retirees are welcome here in the employees section for one.

Two if you think any current worker is working harder than someone that was around in the late 70's early 80's you are only kidding yourself. I only have 14 years in and even I have seen how much easier the jobs are today compared to when I hired in. Sure there are not near the build up jobs like there once was but between new tech and improvements in health and safety standards, only a spoiled ungrateful person would say otherwise.

• Like 5

I am sure retirees are welcome here in the employees section for one.

Two if you think any current worker is working harder than someone that was around in the late 70's early 80's you are only kidding yourself. I only have 14 years in and even I have seen how much easier the jobs are today compared to when I hired in. Sure there are not near the build up jobs like there once was but between new tech and improvements in health and safety standards, only a spoiled ungrateful person would say otherwise.

Well said, I doubt if this spoiled brat would have lasted back when I was hired, safety standards didn't exist and there was none of this bottled water and gatorade if it got too hot, look up the temperature history for 1980 in Kansas City...summer months, and you think it was hot this past summer!....someone once said the definition of stupidity was arguing with an idiot....uawit---you are in a class of one....thanks junior, I will enjoy my time------no more dealing guys like you and co. management....

• Like 3

Some highlights from that article.....

The reversal demonstrates the difficulty of lowering Ford’s U.S. labor costs to globally competitive levels. The automaker intended to export as many as 80,000 Kugas a year to Europe, the people said. That plan was tied in part to exchange rates and labor concessions Dearborn, Michigan-based Ford sought last year that United Auto Workers members rejected.

“This raises issues of how the 2011 contract negotiations will go,” said Brian Johnson, an analyst at Barclays Capital in Chicago. He rates Ford “equal weight.” “If the UAW is going to try to extract givebacks, Ford is showing that with its global production footprint, it can build wherever it wants.”

With U.S. and European labor costs converging and Mexico representing a lower-cost option, Ford has gained leverage in next year’s labor talks with the UAW, Johnson said. Ford’s four- year contract with the UAW expires in September 2011.

“This is a reminder to the UAW that Ford’s U.S. cars don’t have to be produced in the U.S.,” Johnson said. “Ford’s global architecture allows them to build anywhere. That’s good news if the U.S. has competitive labor costs. It’s bad news if they don’t.”

So in other words, it's all the UAW's fault. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

It's not the UAW's fault. None of the modifications we turned down last year would have brought our labor costs down, and turning them down didn't raise them. Ford has yet to hire enough (if any) new hires to take advantage of the lower wages paid to them.

This has to do with money exchange rates. Europe is in more of a mess than the US and their currency is showing it.

The article still says the Escape is going to LAP. They just lost the export vehicles to Europe.