Chrysler Workers Drinking & Smoking Marijuana (Video)

MichiganTruck_Mafia

He is an imbarassment, himself.

Obama is not the embarrassment, it's the tax payer for allowing him to give away your money. Remember you elect state senators and people to congress. The president was just doing what his economic advisors were advising him to do in order to save the economy.

Giving bail out money to banks and industry is wrong to begin with. The 780 Billion dollars should have been given to the people of this country back in their pockets. The pot hasn't even been totally spent yet, so why can't we give this money back to tax payers in the form of a stimulus check? Lets see if you took 500 billion dollars and divide it accordingly to people that worked in the last 5 years and paid income taxes, you should be able to not only fix the housing market but lower unemployment. Those people will use that money to create jobs, pay down bills etc etc.

Gov needs to get smart.

I also want to say that drinking and smoking pot on the job and getting caught makes you look stupid. Don't blame anyone but yourself.

So how's tag relief going!???

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH :hysterical: :hysterical:

Edited by dtpbody
  • Like 1

Obama is not the embarrassment, it's the tax payer for allowing him to give away your money. Remember you elect state senators and people to congress. The president was just doing what his economic advisors were advising him to do in order to save the economy.

Giving bail out money to banks and industry is wrong to begin with. The 780 Billion dollars should have been given to the people of this country back in their pockets. The pot hasn't even been totally spent yet, so why can't we give this money back to tax payers in the form of a stimulus check? Lets see if you took 500 billion dollars and divide it accordingly to people that worked in the last 5 years and paid income taxes, you should be able to not only fix the housing market but lower unemployment. Those people will use that money to create jobs, pay down bills etc etc.

Gov needs to get smart.

I also want to say that drinking and smoking pot on the job and getting caught makes you look stupid. Don't blame anyone but yourself.

So how's tag relief going!???

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH :hysterical: :hysterical:

Did his advisors tell him to surround himself with whack jobs and Communists?

They weren't drinking on the job. They were on their break and off company property. They could have just as easily been in their own homes if they lived close enough to the plant. Would it be ok for Fox to peek through their windows? Realistically, I don't think that quality suffered from this. It just looks bad because of the negative spin. Brewery workers are given free beer to drink on their breaks. It doesn't hurt anything.

Edited by Trimdingman
  • Like 1

Fox only reports facts and the safety of others on the job. Fox has done many reports in the past of Detroit Smart bus drivers drinking on their jobs. Do you want some smart bus driver drinking on their job while taking you to work? Do you want some idiot drinking on the job and smoking a cigarette while filling up your 747 with jet fuel? Do you want some hi-lo driver taking your ass out around a corner of an isle way while your on your way to the bathroom??

Fox didn't report the story to get people fired, they reported it so the city and police would find out these people are drinking/smoking and driving. It just so happened that this time a tip came from within a factory plant and so they followed the tip.

If a pediatrician was taking care of your baby and you found out he was drinking in his office before your appointment would you not say something or report it?

If the owner of a gun shop was drinking all day and working behind his counter handing you guns and making sure they were not loaded would you still have a problem with his drinking?

If a police officer was drinking on the job and went through a red light in a hi-speed (called off) chase and killed your whole family would you not say something??? or not want it aired on tv?

You people that defend these workers are idiots, they got caught.. And I think it's funny!. Make's Ford look better at the present moment yet again, but I highly doubt it won't be long before someone does a story at Ford also. Remember Fox is fair and balanced. Everyone at Ford better be on their best behavior, you may not know who's watching you. I hope they don't have cameras outside at DTP cause I know a lot of people go out there on their breaks.

Lets behave people.. :hysterical:

I had no idea there was a rash of 747's exploding because of those cigarette smoking refueling people. Come on, these scenarios are ridiculous at best.

Do you know why people on here are so quick to figure out who you are when you change identities? Within a few sentences, you are usually figured out. It is because of your narrow mindset, which stands out remarkably so.

You see the world in black and white. You have no idea of what "gray" means and chances are you never will.

For instance, say a veteran hilo driver likes to have a beer or two with his soup and sandwich at lunch. In your eyes, this guy needs to drawn and quartered.

Now, compare this to a rookie hilo driver who is going through a stressful situation, say a divorce. He has not ate or slept in days. He is strung out on red bull, coffee and cigarettes. This guy is not breaking one rule at all. I take the veteran guy ALL DAY LONG over the jitterbug rookie.

The bottom line is that anything in excess is bad. You are ready to crucify those that do not go beyond the excess. Sort of like throwing the baby out with the bath water. Worry about your own actions instead of others (i.e. be defensive going down that aisle to the bathroom).

If you don't agree with liberty, you should not inhabit a liberal country.

BTW, if you rely on only one news source, you are doing yourself a disservice.

• Like 1

I had no idea there was a rash of 747's exploding because of those cigarette smoking refueling people. Come on, these scenarios are ridiculous at best.

Do you know why people on here are so quick to figure out who you are when you change identities? Within a few sentences, you are usually figured out. It is because of your narrow mindset, which stands out remarkably so.

You see the world in black and white. You have no idea of what "gray" means and chances are you never will.

For instance, say a veteran hilo driver likes to have a beer or two with his soup and sandwich at lunch. In your eyes, this guy needs to drawn and quartered.

Now, compare this to a rookie hilo driver who is going through a stressful situation, say a divorce. He has not ate or slept in days. He is strung out on red bull, coffee and cigarettes. This guy is not breaking one rule at all. I take the veteran guy ALL DAY LONG over the jitterbug rookie.

The bottom line is that anything in excess is bad. You are ready to crucify those that do not go beyond the excess. Sort of like throwing the baby out with the bath water. Worry about your own actions instead of others (i.e. be defensive going down that aisle to the bathroom).

If you don't agree with liberty, you should not inhabit a liberal country.

BTW, if you rely on only one news source, you are doing yourself a disservice.

For 1, it wasn't just one news source that covered the "drunk smokers", it wasn't just one internet company that printed a press release online about the "drunk smokers", it was many.

2nd if you live across the street from the plant and on your lunch break you go home and snort 10 lines of coke on your kitchen table before you walk back across to the plant and put in 9 more hours in putting people in danger, does that make it right? I will agree with you, peaking in to someone's window is wrong, that is trespassing, but Rob Wolcheck has zoom lenses now so I'm sure he doesn't have to get too close to your house to see you doing the "WRONG THING".

The guy smoking a cigarette with 10 beers in him fueling your 747 was an example of something you shouldn't be doing while on the job. The point was, is that it impairs your reality and judgement to where you do stupid things.

As for your comments about things not being just black and white, your right, there are grey areas, but doesn't the grey area always get you in trouble??? yes it does..

To me good and bad is "black and white", lets pretend I am your father, and I'm going to give you a bit of advise my young son, cause clearly you don't know the difference between black and white or reality vs your perception in life. Your perception of reality if your a bad person, is clouded by poor judgement. It could be either your mind is naturally fucked up, or your under some kind of influence.

Because my reality is black and white (myself knowing good from bad) I have no poor judgement or "gray" area as you put it to alter my way of living so I do good things hence my reality is good or "white". Maybe you should remove the "Gray" from your life.

Ok Son I know I'm confusing you so complete the next 11 grades and you'll understand when you get older. Now go to your room.

:hysterical:

Edited by dtpbody

For 1, it wasn't just one news source that covered the "drunk smokers", it wasn't just one internet company that printed a press release online about the "drunk smokers", it was many.

2nd if you live across the street from the plant and on your lunch break you go home and snort 10 lines of coke on your kitchen table before you walk back across to the plant and put in 9 more hours in putting people in danger, does that make it right? I will agree with you, peaking in to someone's window is wrong, that is trespassing, but Rob Wolcheck has zoom lenses now so I'm sure he doesn't have to get too close to your house to see you doing the "WRONG THING".

The guy smoking a cigarette with 10 beers in him fueling your 747 was an example of something you shouldn't be doing while on the job. The point was, is that it impairs your reality and judgement to where you do stupid things.

As for your comments about things not being just black and white, your right, there are grey areas, but doesn't the grey area always get you in trouble??? yes it does..

To me good and bad is "black and white", lets pretend I am your father, and I'm going to give you a bit of advise my young son, cause clearly you don't know the difference between black and white or reality vs your perception in life. Your perception of reality if your a bad person, is clouded by poor judgement. It could be either your mind is naturally fucked up, or your under some kind of influence.

Because my reality is black and white (myself knowing good from bad) I have no poor judgement or "gray" area as you put it to alter my way of living so I do good things hence my reality is good or "white". Maybe you should remove the "Gray" from your life.

Ok Son I know I'm confusing you so complete the next 11 grades and you'll understand when you get older. Now go to your room.

Thanks for proving my point.

As far as your "imagination" goes, I doubt you are old enough to be my father. Maybe you are one of those near 80 year old people still having to work? If so, sorry to hear that you made that many bad decisions in life.

However, if I was unfortunate to share your genes, I would make sure to not procreate.

Obviously somebody is pissed at one of these guys and decided to get a little revenge. The worst part is that a reporter who thinks he knows everything fell for this hook, line and sinker and was played like a fiddle. We all know that the person who called the reporter had the option to call either his committeeperson or the UAW rep for substance abuse to have this issue addressed. Also, if this person feels so strongly about this issue and feels that this was without a doubt 100% the right thing to do then this person should step forward and show their face and also explain to the wives and children of these workers why they chose to expose them on the news instead of going through channels within the union to have someone to talk to these guys.

• Like 1

I give hi-lo drivers a wide berth. I make sure that they see me and make eye contact. Don't wear those reflective safety glasses because they can't see your eyes. If you get hit by a fork lift, it is your own fault.

Jobs on the line are mind numbing and repetitious. Workers do them in their sleep. It is like trying to get a bad song out of your head. A beer or two can only help you perform better.

First of all UAW (union committee) people are not social workers or therapists. They are there for a different job (a job they can't even perform) so they are not there to tell you to stop drinking, hell if they care anyway you won't see them to even get their advise unless they beep their horn at ya real fast as they are driving buy on their silly golf carts with 21" rims. It is not their job to talk to people about their problems and frankly it's non of their business unless it jeopardizes health and safety. Value options is that's why Ford contracts with them. If you have a problem visit Value Options and they will send you to someone that can help you stop drinking.

I can almost bet that if those people lost their jobs, they are at AA right now trying to complete a 12 step course in order to come back to work, then if they even do go back to work, they will be coming back on a work waiver for 6-18 months. Gee I hope they don't get caught again after that or it's good reddens.

I would suspect that the UAW is going to back these people up and write a grievance and lie on it and say something like they were at the park on a sat when no one was working or something. Cause in all reality they can't prove what day of the week it was, for all anyone knows, those guys could have been at a get together on a scheduled day off of work, or when their line shut down. (if they can prove it) that is. Otherwise good luck. Those people may even have a class action law suit if they were smart about it. - Better go to AA.

People keep their heads down as it is, they don't get involved in anything unless it benefits them. So the person that called Fox news had an Axe to grind with one or all of the drunks. I would almost bet one or many of those guys were complete assholes in the plant so they got the good ole karma hairy butt stick with the pink slip.

I guess this shows that you should be careful to what you say and do to someone working with you cause if you fall in the category of going out to drink and smoke, better watch your ass.

Edited by dtpbody
  • Like 2

I have been angry ever since I saw this clip, however Fox News is on the attack against all labor unions to include police, fire, and teachers. Why follow the working man, instead of the bankers, and financial institution workers who accepted government money? Might find some more expensive drugs like cocaine. Also not only did the news reporter point to the fact that one of the Chrysler workers were driving a Ford, Ford did not take government money. Looks like an attempt to bolster Ford stock by stealing Chrysler's market share.

Simple solution, Publicly announce The installation of random drug testing policies at all of the big three. If Ford took the lead on this it will be another distinction between them and their competitors! I know that these people caught drinking on the job are the small minority, but if you expel them then you don't have to tolerate living with this negative stereo type!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I have been angry ever since I saw this clip, however Fox News is on the attack against all labor unions to include police, fire, and teachers. Why follow the working man, instead of the bankers, and financial institution workers who accepted government money? Might find some more expensive drugs like cocaine. Also not only did the news reporter point to the fact that one of the Chrysler workers were driving a Ford, Ford did not take government money. Looks like an attempt to bolster Ford stock by stealing Chrysler's market share.

Simple solution, Publicly announce The installation of random drug testing policies at all of the big three. If Ford took the lead on this it will be another distinction between them and their competitors! I know that these people caught drinking on the job are the small majority, but if you expel them then you don't have to tolerate living with this negative stereo type!

Don't do anything wrong, and you won't have to worry about the news doing a story on you.

Whichever network this story came from is irrelevant. Fox was tipped off to it, and followed up. If it was one of the other networks who were tipped, the story would be on their channel.

If you want better coverage from the media, then don’t make yourself a target. But this type of story garners attention because in any other situation, every single person shown on this tape would have been fired. But because they are union, they will all keep their jobs

The fault of this is at the feet of the people who were caught on tape, and the UAW for defending these guys all their lives

Don't do anything wrong, and you won't have to worry about the news doing a story on you.

Whichever network this story came from is irrelevant. Fox was tipped off to it, and followed up. If it was one of the other networks who were tipped, the story would be on their channel.

If you want better coverage from the media, then don’t make yourself a target. But this type of story garners attention because in any other situation, every single person shown on this tape would have been fired. But because they are union, they will all keep their jobs

The fault of this is at the feet of the people who were caught on tape, and the UAW for defending these guys all their lives

right..

Doesn't mater what kinda car they drive, and certainly doesn't make sense to say that fox is out to influence market share. That is a waked statement.

Don't get caught next time and you won't be on TV!.

Rob said himself if anyone brings him a story on the big fish they will do it also, he has no problems going into a strip club to expose a CEO making high power decisions on their drinking and lap dances. Or martini parties. I believe CEO's have been caught in the past doing it up a resorts at the expense of tax payers, those stories have already been covered so why do them again?

Like I said I'm sure Rob worked at the story for a while before he decided to air it. He is not the type of person to stomach certain stuff such as drinking and driving. So when he saw that, he knew it was worthy story.

Stop drinking on the job, stop smoking pot in the car lots, I applaud Ford if they implement a no drug policy by doing random drug testing. I hope they all do it and get out the scum!.

There were in the past people SELLING drugs at SRP, it happens everywhere, this scum we have to get out also!.

If I was the VP in charge I would implement a foot lot patrol of every car on all breaks and lunches. If your on private property drinking/smoking dope, and they tell you to roll down your window and they catch you, OUT YOU GO!. don't pass go, don't collect a dime. Seeya, wouldn't wanna be ya.

Edited by dtpbody

right..

Doesn't mater what kinda car they drive, and certainly doesn't make sense to say that fox is out to influence market share. That is a waked statement.

Don't get caught next time and you won't be on TV!.

Rob said himself if anyone brings him a story on the big fish they will do it also, he has no problems going into a strip club to expose a CEO making high power decisions on their drinking and lap dances. Or martini parties. I believe CEO's have been caught in the past doing it up a resorts at the expense of tax payers, those stories have already been covered so why do them again?

Like I said I'm sure Rob worked at the story for a while before he decided to air it. He is not the type of person to stomach certain stuff such as drinking and driving. So when he saw that, he knew it was worthy story.

Stop drinking on the job, stop smoking pot in the car lots, I applaud Ford if they implement a no drug policy by doing random drug testing. I hope they all do it and get out the scum!.

There were in the past people SELLING drugs at SRP, it happens everywhere, this scum we have to get out also!.

If I was the VP in charge I would implement a foot lot patrol of every car on all breaks and lunches. If your on private property drinking/smoking dope, and they tell you to roll down your window and they catch you, OUT YOU GO!. don't pass go, don't collect a dime. Seeya, wouldn't wanna be ya.

Right Ford would continue to help their brand image by doing so. However I'm sorry but Fox is propagated and politically and financially motivated. They just tried to push with McCain to eliminate the Jones act over the gulf spill. This legislation protects U.S. sailors. What is says is that if you sail from U.S. ports to U.S. ports the vessels must be American, and employ American sailors. They wanted to eliminate it to bust the unions, and bring in scab ships. Don't we have a high enough unemployment rate!

Edited by Furious1Auto

And what country do we live in again? By many of the comments here, I'm not quite sure we are talking about America. Thank you but no thank you when it comes to testing my bodily fluids.

Every other employer in this country tests for drugs, and not having a random policy could directly affect the perception of the quality of the products you build. Negative perception, means layoffs. "Are you gonna go build some cars now?" is going to play over and over in customers heads when they decide what to buy. "Well we know who built this, They were probably high or drunk!" "I'm not going to buy a car built by drug addicts, my child's safety is my priority!" Now is Ford's opportunity to further distinguish their selves from the competition. If you refuse to submit, you are probably as guilty as those caught on camera!

Believe me there are plenty of people that don't abuse drugs that would love to replace you, and guess what since the majority of the people on the line don't, they won't miss having to cover for you either!

Edited by Furious1Auto

This is nothing more than the media sensationalizing private citizens problems. You won't be seeing wolcheck at the local petsmart checking on those employees.

I agree, and it is pointed at Labor unions. Lately Fox has been saying; "The Unions are bankrupting this country" It's all part of their agenda, and they are not going to let the subject go!

Edited by Furious1Auto

This is nothing more than the media sensationalizing private citizens problems. You won't be seeing wolcheck at the local petsmart checking on those employees. He wanted headlines and now he's got them. And all you sheep keep talking about it. Drop it, let it go. Move on.

The folks at the local petsmart/grocery store/hardware store etc, dont build vehicles that could kill you(or save your life depending on the incident).

Maybe we should test for fatty foods and cholesterol. What if a hilo driver had a heart attack behind the wheel.. Ridiculous.

Cholesterol is not a controlled substance in "America"! Are you saying Fork truck drivers should be allowed to be intoxicated on the job. One of the people caught on tape had a reflective jacket on, and that means he works in the stock dept.!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Cholesterol is not a controlled substance in "America"! Are you saying Fork truck drivers should be allowed to be intoxicated on the job. One of the people caught on tape had a reflective jacket on, and that means he works in the stock dept.!

No I'm certainly not advocating using intoxicating substances on the job. However life isn't all peaches and cream. Things do happen. The example of a hilo driver having a heart attack could happen. But that doesn't mean they should be tested for coronary artery disease. Nor should the actions of a few affect my employment requirements.

No I'm certainly not advocating using intoxicating substances on the job. However life isn't all peaches and cream. Things do happen. The example of a hilo driver having a heart attack could happen. But that doesn't mean they should be tested for coronary artery disease. Nor should the actions of a few affect my employment requirements.

In my opinion the prohibition of Marijuana will soon be over, but that doesn't mean I condone people doing it on the job even once it's legal! Once it is legal if you do it off the job that's your business. Just not while you are operating equipment near me that could endanger my life!

Edited by Furious1Auto

In my opinion the prohibition of Marijuana will soon be over, but that doesn't mean I condone people doing it o the job even once it's legal!

Nobody is arguing the point drugs should never be used on the job. However once drug testing takes place it doesn't limit a positive result to intoxicants ingested at work. I would hate to see any one get fired for something they do on a saturday night when they are on their own time. I am in no position to instruct others how to live their lives and neither are any of you here and neither is the media.

Edited by DrLoomis

However I'm sorry but Fox is propagated and politically and financially motivated.

And NBC, CBS, ABC, or CNN aren't?

If you can't tell that Fox is no different than the rest of them, with the exception they play on the other side of the line, then clearly you have formed a biased against them then for no other reason then your own ignorance.

Besides, this wasn't done by Fox News Channel. It was done by the local Detroit Fox Station. And having watched enough of the Detroit afficliates over the years, I can tell you given the chance, there isn't a single one of them that would have turned down the chance to air this story.

Stop blaming Fox, and start blaming those who are at fault.

• Like 1

My cousin smoked dope all the time and works at the truck plant. Should he be building your wife's truck??? Yes that's right.. No he shouldn't.

Even if the gov says pot is legal do you still think Ford will allow you to smoke dope 15 ft from the doors at lunch? NO I DON'T Think so.

And I am sick and fucking tired of people blaming their dirty ass habits on their problems. We all have problems we all don't smoke dope and chug down a 40+tallboy to solve our problems. If you have a problem get the hell out and get help.

Fox has nothing to do with sensationalizing this story, it was Robs Story, he just came back to work for Fox 2 news because his contract ran out in 2007 and no other person bid for contract causing him to come back and his old contract renewed somehow. He told people this on WRIF about 2 months ago. He did not put any more spin on this story then he had done in the past on any other story. He is doing his job to expose the fuck ups.

If all you people think Fox has an Axe to grind with the unions your all full of shit. It has nothing to do with the unions. It's called headlines and ratings. If they were out to bust the unions they would be out there everyday doing something. Glen Beck and programs like Bill O-riley and Hannity are nothing but duche bags anyway.

If Fox wanted to bust the unions they would have Bill Kramer from Mad Money tell everyone to stop investing in the unions right???? think about it. Fox is not out to bust anything. Especially local news channel 2.

Someone said above that this behavior might influence a buyer's decision on buying a Chrysler now vs another vehicle and I totally agree with this and what he said. This is the perfect time where Ford can step up and make sure this doesn't happen.

If Ford wants to pay me 250k per year, I'll even help them rid the problem of drugs and alcohol in their plants no problem.

FORD IF YOUR READING THIS hire me for the job, I'll do wonders with my magic wand.. We can shit can the Dearborn drug dealers and bring the 2nd tiers in at full wage. :hysterical:

Anyway, no we can't move on from this as the dipshit said, we have to keep talking about this so that people in our plants don't fuck it up for us!.

Lets get this done Ford/UAW!... Lets show people out there we are a dedicated automaker..

Do you think they have drug and alcohol problems in Japan? ahahahahah hell no!

My cousin smoked dope all the time and works at the truck plant. Should he be building your wife's truck??? Yes that's right.. No he shouldn't.

Even if the gov says pot is legal do you still think Ford will allow you to smoke dope 15 ft from the doors at lunch? NO I DON'T Think so.

And I am sick and fucking tired of people blaming their dirty ass habits on their problems. We all have problems we all don't smoke dope and chug down a 40+tallboy to solve our problems. If you have a problem get the hell out and get help.

Fox has nothing to do with sensationalizing this story, it was Robs Story, he just came back to work for Fox 2 news because his contract ran out in 2007 and no other person bid for contract causing him to come back and his old contract renewed somehow. He told people this on WRIF about 2 months ago. He did not put any more spin on this story then he had done in the past on any other story. He is doing his job to expose the fuck ups.

If all you people think Fox has an Axe to grind with the unions your all full of shit. It has nothing to do with the unions. It's called headlines and ratings. If they were out to bust the unions they would be out there everyday doing something. Glen Beck and programs like Bill O-riley and Hannity are nothing but duche bags anyway.

If Fox wanted to bust the unions they would have Bill Kramer from Mad Money tell everyone to stop investing in the unions right???? think about it. Fox is not out to bust anything. Especially local news channel 2.

Someone said above that this behavior might influence a buyer's decision on buying a Chrysler now vs another vehicle and I totally agree with this and what he said. This is the perfect time where Ford can step up and make sure this doesn't happen.

If Ford wants to pay me 250k per year, I'll even help them rid the problem of drugs and alcohol in their plants no problem.

FORD IF YOUR READING THIS hire me for the job, I'll do wonders with my magic wand.. We can shit can the Dearborn drug dealers and bring the 2nd tiers in at full wage. :hysterical:

Anyway, no we can't move on from this as the dipshit said, we have to keep talking about this so that people in our plants don't fuck it up for us!.

Lets get this done Ford/UAW!... Lets show people out there we are a dedicated automaker..

Do you think they have drug and alcohol problems in Japan? ahahahahah hell no!

A funny thing about headlines dipshit, is they are gone as quickly and abruptly as they showed up on the scene. Just wait til the next "big story" and this will all go the way of the mod at van dyke plant. A bad memory.