Owning Ford stock- benefits?

I currently own shares. Does this entitle me to preferred vehicle pricing plans?

thank you;

Dutch

In my case it worked the other way around. My car purchase gave me a lot of money on Ford stock.

A couple years ago I was looking around for a new car. As part of my research, I saw how great Ford had become with Alan Mulally in place: reducing plants and expense, better designs, unifying design and production across the globe (especially top designs from Europe), safer, more fuel efficiency, higher quality,...

So in addition to finally buying my Taurus X, I later put half my 401K into Ford stock, when it dropped to around $2 during the Congressional hearings as Ford got spanked along with GM and Chrysler. But Ford didn't have any of the others problems. I thought it ironic that every time a congressman berated the Big Three for not doing a particular thing, it turned out that Ford had already done it a few years earlier and even better than they could imagine. And Ford really didn't need the money, they were just there to help prevent an industry and supplier melt down.

So as a result of buying a Ford, I got a lot of bonus cash, worth another dozen cars. What a discount!happy%20feet.gif

• Like 1

Correct. The shareholder must hold at least 100 shares of F for at least six months to qualify. Here is the application:

I got an x-plan pin as a shareholder in June and bought a Mustang convertible. In addition, I got the $1,000 COSTCO membership discount. I noticed yesterday that the COSTCO discount is still running here in Ontario. I also got a surprise rebate. In early September there was a cheque for $470 in my mailbox with a note from the dealer saying "The first payment's on us." That really made my day!

Correct. The shareholder must hold at least 100 shares of F for at least six months to qualify. Here is the application:

Thanks for the PDF link for the application. Do you mind telling me were you got that application? Was it on Fords website somewhere? Just wondering cause Ive been looking for that for awhile. Also is that the most recent copy or does it matter?

Thanks for the PDF link for the application. Do you mind telling me were you got that application? Was it on Fords website somewhere? Just wondering cause Ive been looking for that for awhile. Also is that the most recent copy or does it matter?

I used it two months ago and got the pin from Ford within 24 hours.

Just fax them proof of F stock > 100 shares w/date of purchase.

P.S. I didn't use the X-plan since the dealership sold the Fusion below invoice.

That's interesting. I used this program when I leased my Flex in 4/2009 and I only owned 20 shares at that time. Looks like they changed it since then because there was no minimum number of shares requirement back then. Anyone know when they changed that policy?

Edited by baggs32

I simply sent an e-mail to stockinf@ford.com with the subject "Request Vehicle Purchase Program for Shareholders form". The copy I attached is what Ford Shareholder relations provided me back in January 2010. I'm pretty sure you can use this one; the one detail that might have changed since then is eligibility of Volvo cars in the program (as the Volvo sale to Geely closed in August 2010).

Didn't many Ford dealers give out F stock as sales incentive during the dark days (F in $2-$3 range?)

IF you got say 500 F shares when you bought your Fords, it's like driving the new vehicles for FREE for the past year! SWEET!

After some of my FoMoCo & Ford Motor Credit bonds matured in 2009, I used the proceeds to purchase F at about $2 a share. A year later, I sold enough shares at about $12 to buy a 2010 Ford Fusion SE with the capital gains alone (of course taking advantage of X-Plan pricing for shareholders)! :happy feet:

That's interesting. I used this program when I leased my Flex in 4/2009 and I only owned 20 shares at that time. Looks like they changed it since then because there was no minimum number of shares requirement back then. Anyone know when they changed that policy?

I think the policy was amended in late 2009 to include the 100 share held for 6 mo. requirement.