Let the healing begin

nvsked

I think they want to cut the health insurance mandate bill...

Marginal you're funny trying to go there, too funny.... been a while, good to see you active in the discussion.....

It's great, I watched the interview with David Gregory (meet the press) and Jim DeMint http://videocafe.cro...-ceiling-withou he (DeMint) wasn't going to answer a question just keep repeating slogans! But one slogan... DEMINT: Well, no, we’re not talking about cuts in Social Security. If we can just cut the administrative waste, we can cut hundreds of billions of dollars a year at the federal level. So-- before we start cutting-- I mean, we need to keep our promises to seniors, David. And cutting benefits to seniors is not on the table.....

Sounds like the people who were advocating a single payer system for health insurance......" If we can just cut the administrative waste"....unfortunately one company's administrative waste is another company's profit.....Capitalism

Isn't medicare insurance a big portion of the administrative waste, so what is he saying.....does he even know, his people need to prepare him better LOL Way too many idiots in Washington and the American people keep electing them based on their repeated slogans, mean while the country spirals out of control

Where is the cooperation from the Dems? Is it just supposed to be one sided?

It's been one sided since President Obama took office. And according to Bitch McConnell the GOP will continue to be the party of no. So why should the Dems cooperate with them now?

Marginal you're funny trying to go there, too funny.... been a while, good to see you active in the discussion.....

It's great, I watched the interview with David Gregory (meet the press) and Jim DeMint http://videocafe.cro...-ceiling-withou he (DeMint) wasn't going to answer a question just keep repeating slogans! But one slogan... DEMINT: Well, no, we’re not talking about cuts in Social Security. If we can just cut the administrative waste, we can cut hundreds of billions of dollars a year at the federal level. So-- before we start cutting-- I mean, we need to keep our promises to seniors, David. And cutting benefits to seniors is not on the table.....

Sounds like the people who were advocating a single payer system for health insurance......" If we can just cut the administrative waste"....unfortunately one company's administrative waste is another company's profit.....Capitalism

Isn't medicare insurance a big portion of the administrative waste, so what is he saying.....does he even know, his people need to prepare him better LOL Way too many idiots in Washington and the American people keep electing them based on their repeated slogans, mean while the country spirals out of control

Politicians and executives are trained to answer questions with their own soundbyte or message. No matter what they ask, respond with the message you are trying to get across. Mulally used it a lot with Matt Lauer when questioned on GM and competitive disadvantages. I've sat in on classes on how to answer questions form the press. Always stay on your message.

As for the Republicans, gridlock is probably good in their opinion. And it may be good for business. The status quo would make many business owners feel comfortable and they'd be more likely to hire. Obama's biggest mis-step in my opinion was the timing of the health insurance bill. He needed to address jobs first. He saw a small window with the supermajority and went all in. He did not get the bill passed that he wanted and there are too many questions to make business feel secure. I'm not hiring until I know how much an employee is going to cost me. That is also why these tax cuts ned to be addressed. Give them the rules, and let them go to work.

I'm disappointed the HSA accounts are being minimzed. Until the American public has control over how much of their money goes to doctors and for medical service, there will be no reduction in cost. The HSA I had last year with Ford is gone - I'll move to the new Cigna option and pay my $300/month. But I'm more likely to spend more time at the doctor as I'm already invested $3600 no matter how often I go. A $20 copay is nothing compared to the premium. Until I have an incentive not to over use the medical system, it makes no sense not to go.

• Like 1

Your post is the most ignorant post I've ever read on blue oval and boy let me tell you there have been some really stupid ones! Wake up dummy! You are in a class war and if you're voting republican then you are voting against the labor movement. Get your hed out of your @$$

So true, but that has been part of the uaw's problem they got workers better pay and working conditions and now many of them think they are republicans, they all have a excuse, ie gun control, religous beliefs, ect. If these workers are so smart why not leave the uaw and go out and make their fortune, look at all the people who took buyouts and are not struggling. Its a shame. Yet these wanna be republicans are the first to cry to the union when asked to work.

• Like 1

Politicians and executives are trained to answer questions with their own soundbyte or message. No matter what they ask, respond with the message you are trying to get across. Mulally used it a lot with Matt Lauer when questioned on GM and competitive disadvantages. I've sat in on classes on how to answer questions form the press. Always stay on your message.

As for the Republicans, gridlock is probably good in their opinion. And it may be good for business. The status quo would make many business owners feel comfortable and they'd be more likely to hire. Obama's biggest mis-step in my opinion was the timing of the health insurance bill. He needed to address jobs first. He saw a small window with the supermajority and went all in. He did not get the bill passed that he wanted and there are too many questions to make business feel secure. I'm not hiring until I know how much an employee is going to cost me. That is also why these tax cuts ned to be addressed. Give them the rules, and let them go to work.

I'm disappointed the HSA accounts are being minimzed. Until the American public has control over how much of their money goes to doctors and for medical service, there will be no reduction in cost. The HSA I had last year with Ford is gone - I'll move to the new Cigna option and pay my $300/month. But I'm more likely to spend more time at the doctor as I'm already invested $3600 no matter how often I go. A $20 copay is nothing compared to the premium. Until I have an incentive not to over use the medical system, it makes no sense not to go.

Sorry when I hear "the message" I see it as... if you repeat the story often enough you'll believe it yourself"... my opinion....really a turn off, and yes Mulally did use it on Matt. But I see the interview that Mulally did on NBC as pay back.....Hey Ford, you spend enough money on air time and we'll do an interview, allow you to really get your message out. Mulally and Farley have done a great job using the media to get our message out.

Republicans, Business,...Status Quo....I agree that's what the business community want's....Unfortunately, the US has 308 million people (tax payers) , so every decision coming out out of washington cannot be for just business....Likely to hire, NOW THAT'S FUNNY all the trade deals have taken manufacturing out of the U.S. unless Washington's opinion on Treaties" changes..... manufacturing job creation is not coming back .....our unemployment numbers entire US are just the beginning, in another 30 years .......for every manufacturing job lost it affects 5 more.......not going to bore you that discussion ..... We we'll really see deficits then (less people paying in)

Glad you're happy with Cigna ...........Personally I hope never to go to the doctor, unfortunately, age has it's maintenance issues have a good one

Didn't realize you yourself make up 1 percent of the UAW membership.

Either your math skills suck or you have an inflated view of your own worth.

I'm not sure the UAW should acknowledge that 40% of its workforce votes against their own economic interests. It would be like the CIA acknowledging that 40 percent of its people are double agents.

What do you want the UAW to do? Give in to things that will damage the union, lessen our ability to bargain and make it easier for the company to cut our wages and jobs? That would be dumb.

For starters the UAW should give 41% of money to Repub. party. They are NOT in office to Replace our voices with there own voices!

AND what is DUMB is that you my friend have NO idea whats going on in your own house 2280. Is your a$$ feeling a little sore about now?? That's where you All just took it!

Looks like the party of NO is still the same.

Obstruction at any cost.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/17/world/europe/17start.html?_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=a2

Mr. Kyl said he informed the Senate Democratic leader that there was not enough time to resolve all the issues during the lame-duck session that opened this week. “When majority leader Harry Reid asked me if I thought the treaty could be considered in the lame-duck session, I replied I did not think so given the combination of other work Congress must do and the complex and unresolved issues related to Start and modernization,” Mr. Kyl said in a written statement.

Looks like they want to think about giving 80 Billion to Russia before rushing to sign. I'm OK with this. Where does all this money come from?

No it shouldn't.

i don't want to get to long winded, but simply most organizations you join has positions they take on policies of our government. They then provide support in many ways to those in government that best met their positions. If republicans fail to meet the positions or meet them to lesser standards than democrats then they shouldn't receive any money.

Besides your wrongly assuming that the UAW receives equally from all its members the money it puts into politics. Which isn't true. Dues money is regulated as to how much can be used. The rest of the money is gained from donations to its political arm, VCAP, of which donations come mostly from left leaning workers.

And if your referring to your wild ass accusation that We didn't get the pour job in the new area because of Vince, well does your ass hurt from talking out of it so much?

Your kidding right? Loosing the pour job was the start. but on that point, who else would you blame other than your bargaining reps,( Pres. and Plant Chairman?) What I was talking about was put out in a letter from Ford to your plant, (don't you read?) I already seen it over here. Seems your machining areas are going 4 crew , shift cuts etc. Aint that a riot? Wake up son your Reps. probably think you aren't going to notice. Ask around for the letter. Rob Miller put his john hancock right next to the plant manager. You got some pissed off people over there. I guess Miller and Vince let the plant man. put it out then left town. No letter from your Reps? No meeting? No vote? you guys should be kicking some ass on that one. WTF your chairman put his name with the plant manager? thats your communication? like I said---kickin some ass!

Okay, say i want to blame them. What should i blame them for?

Did they do their job? And what was their job?

Have you come up with how they lost the bid, what they could have done different, how Vince specifically cost them the bid (your earlier contention) and how anyone else would have gotten it done better?

I haven't. I'll take their word that the Company decided (which is its job) that we couldn't get the manpower to do the pour and the union realizing its position used that as chip to get other considerations.

Prove to me that they could find the manpower to do the pour under the timing constraints and i'll believe YOU

I haven't seen it, and no ones mentioned it to me either. Can't comment on it till i see it.

The Vandyke Chairman has opened up opportunities to ILO trades to go to Vandyke to do project and constrution work. He recently bargained to get more Millwrights and Carpenters to do a large demo and concrete pour. When he convinced management to post for temporary opportunities to borrow Millwrights and Carpenters they fell short of the number of carpenters to do the pour within the timing of the project. He was able to borrow Millwrights to do the demo portion of the job. When he went to look out for ILO brothers running out of sub, tap and benefits he got some of my past coworkers and friends to work at vandyke. The Chairman at Vandyke never met my friends but he stood up and fought to help members he never met and gave them employment against the companies wishes. He had to actually bid the job and make a business case to keep this work in the UAW. The Chairman at Vandyke is a true union brother. My friends and their families are extremly thankful. Shame on anyone that says anything bad about the Vandyke Committee.

Edited by Armstrong

The Vandyke Chairman has opened up opportunities to ILO trades to go to Vandyke to do project and constrution work. He recently bargained to get more Millwrights and Carpenters to do a large demo and concrete pour. When he convinced management to post for temporary opportunities to borrow Millwrights and Carpenters they fell short of the number of carpenters to do the pour within the timing of the project. He was able to borrow Millwrights to do the demo portion of the job. When he went to look out for ILO brothers running out of sub, tap and benefits he got some of my past coworkers and friends to work at vandyke. The Chairman at Vandyke never met my friends but he stood up and fought to help members he never met and gave them employment against the companies wishes. He had to actually bid the job and make a business case to keep this work in the UAW. The Chairman at Vandyke is a true union brother. My friends and their families are extremly thankful. Shame on anyone that says anything bad about the Vandyke Committee.

First, you make the point Very clear--------Robb MIller does a very good job at looking out for HIS friends! Thank-You. I was referring to a recent plant letter put out by management that I have read myself---I am at sterling and I am not going to comment on anything I haven't seen with my own eyes and you should consider that for yourself. It looks like Robb and Vince don't have many friends in the machining areas. Too bad they did not STAND up and Fight for those people in those areas! 90% of the people over there haven't heard about it yet because the Vandyke Committee did not inform them. it was put out on a management paper that no one reads. Shame on THEM for doing the members like that. and Shame on YOU for defending something you don't know anything about. I don't want to get in their stuff over there but like I said I saw the letter, but people like lcjdad have not even been informed.

I know trades that have been on layoff also and the Chairman pushed to get them to VD and kept contractors out and UAW workers in. Hats off to a great UAW team at VD to help displaced UAW workers employed.

God bless

I know trades that have been on layoff also and the Chairman pushed to get them to VD and kept contractors out and UAW workers in. Hats off to a great UAW team at VD to help displaced UAW workers employed.

God bless

First---

Contractors are not out---Second I was talking about all the UAW "displaced" workers they now have in VD--- FN and 6F and 6F mid just took it big time. WTF happened there?

First---

Contractors are not out---Second I was talking about all the UAW "displaced" workers they now have in VD--- FN and 6F and 6F mid just took it big time. WTF happened there?

My friends are happy at VD. In fact they are thankful to the VD union for fighting to keep contractors out and give them employment opportunities. Last I heard every Millwright left in the system went to VD. They also could not get enough Carpenters for the pour. So without these extra trades available the pour had to go to contractors. The Union exhausted all options. My friends are thankful, they feel appreciative to the VD union. They have never mentioned "they took it". I am really not sure why you have a problem with the proactive steps the VD union took to help people (ILO trades) they never knew.

My friends are happy at VD. In fact they are thankful to the VD union for fighting to keep contractors out and give them employment opportunities. Last I heard every Millwright left in the system went to VD. They also could not get enough Carpenters for the pour. So without these extra trades available the pour had to go to contractors. The Union exhausted all options. My friends are thankful, they feel appreciative to the VD union. They have never mentioned "they took it". I am really not sure why you have a problem with the proactive steps the VD union took to help people (ILO trades) they never knew.

Louie, put your Man Love aside for a second ,stop the cheerleading, and try to stay on the point. My question to you and Armstrong was WTF happened to the people in FN,6F mid? those people are getting F$cked! The VD bar. comm got their A$$es handed to them on that one! It looks like the pour loss was just the beginning of management having their way with the VD union.

So your not a VD employee and your referencing things that if i understand it right we're planned and happened prior to Robs' election.

FN was scheduled for one shift long before the election.

6F MID machining was on 4-crew before elections.

So are you referring to the "letters of understanding and FAQ memo concerning Four crew?

I saw that when international and the local were negotiating it.

I'll walk down to the room and ask though.

And why are you so antagonistic toward Rob? It seems that we are doing well and getting new product along with winning Bids that exceed our manpower and putting ILO's to work.

What seems to be your problem?

So that will be the spin put on it? That dog aint gunna hunt---- The it's not my fault---, I didn't do it.---- I think Mod will have something to say about that. I might suggest you get a paper and read it---if you want to see one I bet you could get it from Mod. HA HA HA Before you jump on the band wagon you should probably get yourself informed. Like I said I don't work there now but thats not to say I don't know the players. I am sure you guys will deal with it---To answer your post---What was Vinces part in the pour loss? He and Robb are your bar reps. the buck stops there. If you are saying he was not involved---he should have been. It sounds like theres some finger pointing going on.

So that will be the spin put on it? That dog aint gunna hunt---- The it's not my fault---, I didn't do it.---- I think Mod will have something to say about that. I might suggest you get a paper and read it---if you want to see one I bet you could get it from Mod. HA HA HA Before you jump on the band wagon you should probably get yourself informed. Like I said I don't work there now but thats not to say I don't know the players. I am sure you guys will deal with it---To answer your post---What was Vinces part in the pour loss? He and Robb are your bar reps. the buck stops there. If you are saying he was not involved---he should have been. It sounds like theres some finger pointing going on.

Hey it's great hearing about all the political BS going on at Van Dyke but you should really start your own thread like Political BS 101 VD or have all the supporters meet in the parking lot and have a tug-o-war or bean bag toss......good luck

Hey it's great hearing about all the political BS going on at Van Dyke but you should really start your own thread like Political BS 101 VD or have all the supporters meet in the parking lot and have a tug-o-war or bean bag toss......good luck

Agree. this thread got alittle off topic. Well maybe not, they are going to need a whole bunch of healing over there.

So please show me what really happened? Instead of vague insinuations and political blame lets see some evidence that supports your premise.

So what is he going to say?

That FN wasn't going to lose a shift when he was Chair. That would be a lie. I was at the membership meetings, i was in the room.

That 6M wasn't on 4 crew before the election? That would be a lie also. They were. In fact your nemesis, Vince Cola worked in 6M machining on 4 crew.

I have a copy of the letter to Bob King in front of me. The one thats been out for what three or four weeks?

So thats the spin you put on it? That dog aint gunna hunt. Your getting 2nd and 3rd hand info. Don't believe the hype.

So are you blaming the whole room, or just Vince and Rob? I don't hear you mentioning anyone else, even though there are two other people highly involved in the process. Not that they should be blamed but i notice they are absent from this discussion. Care to elaborate why?

Are you running through the plant with your hair on fire?? You are all over the place. Who else was highly involved? within in 2 hrs you have gone from not knowing a damn thing to an authority on the issue.----- and you are calling MOD a liar? try to wrap your brain around one thought at a time. and No I'm not getting 2nd or 3rd hand . I can read!

Tango is still upset about the mod losing the election over here is all.-----------------------------------------------------------This sh*t is old news.----------------------------------------------------------Thank You---

Stay Retired Joe------------------------------------------------Thank You---

Edited by TANGO4224