It's In the Bank

fusion37

All we can do is try and be patient and wait for our cars. Does Ford ever do anything extra to keep their good (pre-order) clients happy? How about 0% financing with Ford Credit for the few of us the have to wait!!!

They did - it's the $500 rebate they gave you.

I also got a nice Focus branded thermos mug in the mail.

Ok, so I got some more details about what is going on. I can't really go into details - so believe me or don't.

They are scheduling Retail orders, BUT (and this is a really big but), they are not scheduling Retail orders that have MyFord Touch..........

They are scheduling stock orders with MyFord Touch, but a very large percentage of them fail testing, and are being held. For this reason, MFT cars will be very rare at dealers (good lock walking onto a lot and buying one any time soon), you are mainly going to see S/SE and some SELs. There are plenty of MFT Stock cars that are built, but they are piled up waiting for a solution.

So yeah, if you have MFT on your order, don't hold your breath.

But the good news about them doing it this way (holding the Retail cars until the solution is found), is that once they have the solution, the cars being built wil ship immediately, instead of having to wait for the 2500+ cars they have on site to be fixed.

So, basically that kills all hope of NA-spec Titaniums hitting the dealerships any time soon...right?

I'm a bit surprised about MFT having issues even with it having been in Edge and MKX. Then again, I have read up on some of the issues current owners are having with it. I curious to know what is actually failing.

I wonder: If a solution can't be found, could Ford use the non-MFT setup like they do for the European Titanium and Titanium X models? I'd personally take that setup over MFT. I'm not sure whether sales would be lost over MyFord Touch or not.

So, basically that kills all hope of NA-spec Titaniums hitting the dealerships any time soon...right?

I'm a bit surprised about MFT having issues even with it having been in Edge and MKX. Then again, I have read up on some of the issues current owners are having with it. I curious to know what is actually failing.

I wonder: If a solution can't be found, could Ford use the non-MFT setup like they do for the European Titanium and Titanium X models? I'd personally take that setup over MFT. I'm not sure whether sales would be lost over MyFord Touch or not.

MFT is also available on the 2011 Explorer. My dealer has six SEs, two SELs and no Titaniums on order for stock.

Ok, so I got some more details about what is going on. I can't really go into details - so believe me or don't.

They are scheduling Retail orders, BUT (and this is a really big but), they are not scheduling Retail orders that have MyFord Touch..........

They are scheduling stock orders with MyFord Touch, but a very large percentage of them fail testing, and are being held. For this reason, MFT cars will be very rare at dealers (good lock walking onto a lot and buying one any time soon), you are mainly going to see S/SE and some SELs. There are plenty of MFT Stock cars that are built, but they are piled up waiting for a solution.

So yeah, if you have MFT on your order, don't hold your breath.

But the good news about them doing it this way (holding the Retail cars until the solution is found), is that once they have the solution, the cars being built wil ship immediately, instead of having to wait for the 2500+ cars they have on site to be fixed.

Anything new on this? We have a 5 door Titanium on order and are soooo excited!

Here is the latest...and yes it is affecting retail scheduling. :banghead:

Get a Ford in any color but black … or red

http://www.autonews.com/article/20110324/BLOG06/110329922/1503

:banghead: I wanted Red Candy :(

I just looked up the compound they used in the paint. Merck makes it (per article).

So it looks like it's not just going to be Ford. Now Chrysler LLC. I'm curious to know how quick new colours can be made with other suppliers. From the sounds of things, Merck's plant will take several weeks just to get back up and running...

Have a friend working at Wayne. He says they are building over 1,000 vehicles a day. GREAT!

That's an astonishing number. It would be even more so if that figure includes retail orders for vehicles with bug-free MFT. I didn't even bother checking with my dealer this week to see if my order has a build date. :banghead:

Edited by mrgdr57

I'm waiting at least 2 years before getting a C3 Focus. More to choose, no 'market rate' prices, and bugs should be worked out. And also some used ones will be on sale.

I've done the 'first on block' with a 94 Mustang. Got lots of attention, but didn't get desired features/color, costs more early, and had too many factory glithces.

Just ordered mine... specs in my signature.

I am pretty sure that due to the importance of this launch, they are being super Q1 Job1 about this, even moving Job1 to make sure of it. So, I am confident in jumping into one right off the bat... or in 4-6 weeks.

Mine is black and has MFT... so, who knows... plenty of time to sell what it is replacing and now is the perfect weather for selling. Scheduling shows it is unscheduled and clean. So far, so good.