It's In the Bank

fusion37

Waiting to see what comes in (if anything) in the next month. My $750 coupon expires 4/4. If we don't find anything I'll probably order the Ingot Silver hatch SEL base model w/light stone. This is for my daughter but I'll be driving it until she gets her license in June.

Waiting to see what comes in (if anything) in the next month. My $750 coupon expires 4/4. If we don't find anything I'll probably order the Ingot Silver hatch SEL base model w/light stone. This is for my daughter but I'll be driving it until she gets her license in June.

Power Ford (about 75 miles south of me) shows on its web site scheduled arrivals of one Focus per week for the next three weeks beginning 3/14. That jives with what my dealer is anticipating. Hopefully, you'll also see some action soon in your area. Oh, and my dealer confirmed locking in my $500 Tech rebate with Ford before the 2/28 deadline.

Edited by mrgdr57

I placed my order on January 18th and checked the status yesterday...still no change "In order processing..."

I checked with my dealer on Monday and no change. I placed my original order for an SE Sport the week before Christmas, changed it to a Titanium the first week of January, then added the Handling package after the reviews came out the end of February. I don't know what affect those changes may have had on my place in the order bank. I'm buying from a small town dealer and my dealer priority was 10.

I am impressed with everyone's patience regarding the way the "retail" orders have been processed by Ford. I am going onto 4 months with no progress on my particular order, still unscheduled as of today, and I am sure others are in the same boat. There isn't much excuse at this point since we were being held up by the "OK to ship" which happened last week.

It's also frustrating that the people who ordered as "retail" basically get cut in line by orders submitted for customers as "stock". I know there is no way for Ford to verify otherwise, but it's difficult seeing cars that will be delieverd to customers and also sitting on lots while our orders are still dormant.

I am trying hard to be patient, but I know these cars are hitting lots now, so please Ford get on with it. We are going to have long enough wait after you give us a production date as it is.

Edited by svtenthusiast

I am impressed with everyone's patience regarding the way the "retail" orders have been processed by Ford. I am going onto 4 months with no progress on my particular order, still unscheduled as of today, and I am sure others are in the same boat. There isn't much excuse at this point since we were being held up by the "OK to ship" which happened last week.

It's also frustrating that the people who ordered as "retail" basically get cut in line by orders submitted for customers as "stock". I know there is no way for Ford to verify otherwise, but it's difficult seeing cars that will be delieverd to customers and also sitting on lots while our orders are still dormant.

I am trying hard to be patient, but I know these cars are hitting lots now, so please Ford get on with it. We are going to have long enough wait after you give us a production date as it is.

I'm sure my late October (first week) order went as 'retail,' and I think I read on another board that maybe it had to for the $500 tech rebate.

While I'd like to be driving the car today, I'm not sure I would want to own the first Focus off the line, or maybe even the 1000th. Give Ford a little time to catch the big bugs.

At least, that's my rationalization!

Edited by fusion37

Also note - they appear to be scheduling only about 5 days out. Vehicles schedeled over night are listed for 3/23, while the ones scheduled yesterday night were 3/22. May not be universal, but that's about what I've been seeing on vehicles based on window stickers.

Also note - they appear to be scheduling only about 5 days out. Vehicles schedeled over night are listed for 3/23, while the ones scheduled yesterday night were 3/22. May not be universal, but that's about what I've been seeing on vehicles based on window stickers.

What system are you seeing this on? And are these stock orders or retail orders?

What system are you seeing this on? And are these stock orders or retail orders?

This is based on dealer regional inventory search pages (like thinkfordfirst.com ). The ordered cars are automatically added when they are scheduled. I don't know if Retail orders will show up here or not.

Also talked to somebody on facebook, and his (Retail) order was built 6 days after it was scheduled.

Go talk to the guys that pre-ordered Mustangs last year about that. What happens is that every vehicle that is built before the OK to Buy gets held for inspection and possibly repairs. So Ford built retail mustangs which ended up sitting in a field for one, two or even three months waiting for repairs while new retail orders and dealer stock orders were shipping and being delivered.

That's why Ford waited to schedule the retail orders until OK to Buy. This means they will be shipped immediately and all retail orders will be handled FIFO based on dealer's allocation and priorities. So the guy who orders one today won't get his before you do (again, assuming no allocation or priority issues).

Right now the ones sitting in lots are dealer stock while the retail orders are being built and shipped. It's the best way to do it. The real problem is that it took longer than expected to get to the OK to Buy point. But it will be better in the end.

This is based on dealer regional inventory search pages (like thinkfordfirst.com ). The ordered cars are automatically added when they are scheduled. I don't know if Retail orders will show up here or not.

Also talked to somebody on facebook, and his (Retail) order was built 6 days after it was scheduled.

None of the retail orders will show on the public inventory search pages. Those are only stock orders that are available for sale.

For the guy you spoke to on Facebook, his dealer had to of put his order in as a stock order. There are no verified retail orders scheduled at this time.

Go talk to the guys that pre-ordered Mustangs last year about that. What happens is that every vehicle that is built before the OK to Buy gets held for inspection and possibly repairs. So Ford built retail mustangs which ended up sitting in a field for one, two or even three months waiting for repairs while new retail orders and dealer stock orders were shipping and being delivered.<BR itxtNodeId="798"><BR itxtNodeId="797">That's why Ford waited to schedule the retail orders until OK to Buy. This means they will be shipped immediately and all retail orders will be handled FIFO based on dealer's allocation and priorities. So the guy who orders one today won't get his before you do (again, assuming no allocation or priority issues).<BR itxtNodeId="796">

I do know about the first part of your reply, as that is Fords reasoning to what is going on. Either way, stock or retail, it's going to be a customer's car. It doesn't change the fact in how long it takes for a customer to receive their car. Wether someone thinks that wait is acceptable or not depends on their personal situation and opinion. My personal opinion -- 6 months is too long.

Right now the ones sitting in lots are dealer stock while the retail orders are being built and shipped. It's the best way to do it. The real problem is that it took longer than expected to get to the OK to Buy point. But it will be better in the end.

Incorrect. Retail orders are not being built and shipped.

Herein lies the problem. I (or anyone for that matter) can go buy one sitting on the lot today. But the car we ordered months ago, we still dont have production dates. There is no verifiable information that my ordered car will in fact be "better" than a car produced earlier.

There are no verified retail orders scheduled at this time.

Either way, stock or retail, it's going to be a customer's car. It doesn't change the fact in how long it takes for a customer to receive their car. Wether someone thinks that wait is acceptable or not depends on their personal situation and opinion. My personal opinion -- 6 months is too long.

Herein lies the problem. I (or anyone for that matter) can go buy one sitting on the lot today. But the car we ordered months ago, we still dont have production dates.

There aren't any sitting on the lot in my state, so I don't even have that choice.

But wouldn't that be true any time you order a vehicle? You can always buy one off the lot any time you want but if you order you have to wait at least 3-4 weeks sometimes 6-8.

When you ordered you knew Job 1 was not scheduled until the end of January so the earliest possible date you could expect to see vehicles hit the dealer would be end of February.

I understand your frustration but I don't think it's reasonable to expect your car to just magically appear as soon as they start making them.

Every dealer and customer wants their vehicles right now. There is no way Ford can please everyone. Of course you don't care as long as you get yours, right?

When you ordered you knew Job 1 was not scheduled until the end of January so the earliest possible date you could expect to see vehicles hit the dealer would be end of February.

Yep. Here it is now mid March and still don't have a build date. Quite a bit past what I (and probably alot of other people) expected.

Of course you don't care as long as you get yours, right?

I care because I could have a buyer on my car right now, but can't deal until my new car gets here.

I care because my trade-in value drops every day that passes.

I care that my car goes out of warranty in 4,000 miles, another drop in value.

I care that I could be getting 40MPG instead of 25MPG during my daily 100 miles drive to work.

I care that people waiting the longest for their car should be the first to get them.

I care that I will see these cars on the road while I am still waiting.

I care that customers deserve a resonable amount of communication.

I care that customers should expect a resonable amount of wait time.

I care because if my order was put in as a stock unit I could be enjoying it now or in the next few weeks.

You can think I am being unreasonable, but you can't really know the whole picture why someone feels the way they do. We can agree to disagree on this but it doesn't change the facts that affect my reasoning.

And yes, I could buy something else or keep my current car. But I don't want to. I stand by the decision I made to buy a 2012 Focus. Now I have to deal with the consequences.

Yep. Here it is now mid March and still don't have a build date. Quite a bit past what I (and probably alot of other people) expected.

I care because I could have a buyer on my car right now, but can't deal until my new car gets here.

I care that I could be getting 40MPG instead of 25MPG during my daily 100 miles drive to work.

I care that people waiting the longest for their car should be the first to get them.

I care because if my order was put in as a stock unit I could be enjoying it now or in the next few weeks.

You can think I am being unreasonable, but you can't really know the whole picture why someone feels the way they do. We can agree to disagree on this but it doesn't change the facts that affect my reasoning.

And yes, I could buy something else or keep my current car. But I don't want to. I stand by the decision I made to buy a 2012 Focus. Now I have to deal with the consequences.

I understand completely why you're frustrated, disappointed, etc. I have a $750 rebate that expires 4/4 and I don't think I'll find a suitable Focus in stock by that time, so believe me I understand.

There is a difference between being disappointed and blaming Ford for doing something wrong. Anytime you pre-order a car before it's in full production you run the risk of having to wait a long time. You should factor that into your buying decision.

Ok, so I got some more details about what is going on. I can't really go into details - so believe me or don't.

They are scheduling Retail orders, BUT (and this is a really big but), they are not scheduling Retail orders that have MyFord Touch..........

They are scheduling stock orders with MyFord Touch, but a very large percentage of them fail testing, and are being held. For this reason, MFT cars will be very rare at dealers (good lock walking onto a lot and buying one any time soon), you are mainly going to see S/SE and some SELs. There are plenty of MFT Stock cars that are built, but they are piled up waiting for a solution.

So yeah, if you have MFT on your order, don't hold your breath.

But the good news about them doing it this way (holding the Retail cars until the solution is found), is that once they have the solution, the cars being built wil ship immediately, instead of having to wait for the 2500+ cars they have on site to be fixed.

It sounds like we're in a similar situation. My 2005 Mazda3 died last year in late summer. My dealer, rather than have me go to VW, sold me a 2007 Focus SES off their lot at their cost (at least they told me it was their cost) with an agreed upon buy-back price as of Jan. 31, 2011, in exchange for my order for the 2012 Focus Titanium hatch, which is the car I really wanted. It's past that date now, but I'm still under the mileage we had set for that date. I'm worried that with every week more I wait something big is going to fail on this 2007. The clutch definitely feels like it's having some sort of issue. It will not make me happy if I'm stuck with a $1000 repair on a car I was hoping to no longer be driving by the end of March.

Still, I'm doing my best to be patient, knowing that Ford is doing whatever they feel is best for a reason. I'm sure they know that people who ordered as early as many of us did (October 29th for me) will be extremely frustrated if we see too many 2012 Focuses on the road before we have ours. Reading about the issue with MFT (which I did order) both makes me feel better (because there's a reason for the delay now) and also worse, because now I'm worried I may be waiting *much* longer.

At least the weather is nice now and I can drive my RX-8 once in a while. I'm more than tired of this 2007 Focus SES and not being able to hook my iPod up to it. Maybe I should have forked out the $190 for the iPod/AUX adapter, after all.