It's In the Bank

fusion37

Of course the dealer is aware. Or I should say the sales mgr is aware - whether they tell the salespeople or not I'm not sure.

But the reason is simple - if they told customers that then they'd probably lose that sale and possibly future sales (don't go to that dealer - they can't get any vehicles).

If they blame it on Ford then it makes them look better.

Reason I ask is I had a situation when I lived in Canada and ordered a ZX5 and wait for 4 months to find out it was not built, but was always given a bunch a weird excuses. During the wait I would get a call every couple weeks from my salesperson trying to sell me his latest arrival which was no where near the spec I ordered.

Needless to say the experience made me look elsewhere for my next vehicle purchase. IMO if the dealership had of been honest with me I would have been more understanding, once educated on the real reason of the delay. Honesty goes along way in building a long term relationship I'd say.

Reason I ask is I had a situation when I lived in Canada and ordered a ZX5 and wait for 4 months to find out it was not built, but was always given a bunch a weird excuses. During the wait I would get a call every couple weeks from my salesperson trying to sell me his latest arrival which was no where near the spec I ordered.

Needless to say the experience made me look elsewhere for my next vehicle purchase. IMO if the dealership had of been honest with me I would have been more understanding, once educated on the real reason of the delay. Honesty goes along way in building a long term relationship I'd say.

Totally agree. But not much can be done as long as the dealers are protected by state franchise laws.

• 2 weeks later...

New guy here. I ordered my 2012 Focus Titanium hatchback on October 29. I got 401A, nav, moonroof, Titanium Handling Package, and remote start, in Kona Blue. Now I need to order up some inexpensive wheels and winter tires, but I can't find the bolt pattern and offset of the OEM wheels anywhere!

New guy here. I ordered my 2012 Focus Titanium hatchback on October 29. I got 401A, nav, moonroof, Titanium Handling Package, and remote start, in Kona Blue. Now I need to order up some inexpensive wheels and winter tires, but I can't find the bolt pattern and offset of the OEM wheels anywhere!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the bolt pattern will be very close to the Mazda3 and new 2012 Mazda5. Also, I think the Volvo S40 uses that same size hubs as well. Just a thought!

Congratulations! I ordered an SE w/Sport, 203A and winter pkg in Kona the first of last week, but changed it to Ingot Silver this week. After reading the source book (see my separate owner guide thread) and driving a Fiesta with the double clutch auto, I am leaning heavily toward changing my model to Titanium with winter and nav. I can't decide whether to go with the Titanium handling pkg or just the optional 17" wheels. (Looks like the standard wheels would be a pain to keep clean!) It appears to me the handling pkg suspension changes are mainly bushing and maybe shock tuning changes to handle the low profile tires and the (probably) heavier wheel/tire combo. I'm concerned the changes might loosen things up to maintain ride quality, not tighten it further for better handling compared to the sport tuned suspension. Other thoughts anyone?

Oh, also, you might give Tire Rack a call about wheel info. They have the tires listed for the standard models and the optional wheels, but not either the Sport or Titanium Handling packages. They don't have wheels listed, but maybe they have heard something.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the bolt pattern will be very close to the Mazda3 and new 2012 Mazda5. Also, I think the Volvo S40 uses that same size hubs as well. Just a thought!

not the Volvo imho

iirc they use a unique bolt-spacing

Thanks for the wheel suggestions, everyone, but unfortunately, I've already tried those things. Tire Rack knows nothing yet (as of a couple weeks ago, anyway). From what I could find on the Internet, the European C1 Focus, which is what this new 2012 model most closely resembles, used the same bolt pattern and similar offset to the Volvo S40/C30/V50. I've looked at wheels for the C30, and there are some that I could go with, but I want to be sure. I also had the parts guy at the Ford dealer check, and he's got nothing on it, yet. If the car isn't delivered until March, I may not have to worry about it until late next Fall, anyway.

I'm also wondering about those suspension tweaks for the Titanium Handling Package. However, I expected I would probably run 18" wheels with or without the THP, so I figured the suspension tweaks would probably be a good idea. I'll probably end up making suspension changes after a two or three years, anyway. I'll likely get a new rear anti-roll bar very soon.

• 1 month later...

Just got my loan approved by my CU. So now the clock is running, because the loan is good for 60 days. I WANT MY CAR, FORD!

I hope you won't need that extension but given that shipping hasn't started and that custom orders will not be scheduled until shipping starts, I'm not sure we'll see our cars before April or early May.

One thing for sure, I want my car too. I ordered it in the first two weeks after the order banks opened.

I hope you won't need that extension but given that shipping hasn't started and that custom orders will not be scheduled until shipping starts, I'm not sure we'll see our cars before April or early May.

One thing for sure, I want my car too. I ordered it in the first two weeks after the order banks opened.

As much as I want my 2012 Focus, I would be somewhat relieved if I knew it would be another couple of months before it would show up. I have to pay down this temporary used 2007 Focus SES the dealer sold me to replace my dead Mazda3 while I wait for my 2012 Focus to arrive. I need to get it paid down quite a bit to be sure I don't have to roll any of it over to the new car, which I don't want to do. I've never done that before, and I don't plan to start now. A couple of months would also ensure I don't have to get winter wheels and tires now, but rather can wait until fall. Of course, it also gives my 2007 Focus more time to develop nasty problems that I have to pay for, and I have a feeling the clutch is going....

2 of our members are got selected for the Focus Global Drive in Madrid (Link)

(MKII and Alex-a are there right now!)

and on Alex-a's website, he's posted an answer form Ford

5 x 108, ET 52.5, D63.4

(I dunno what that D63.4 means, centerbore?

but the bolt spacing is the same as the Volvo S40 afterall)

Edited by 2b2

My dealer called today and my SEL is scheduled to be built March 7th....base SEL with 17inch wheels.

Yay. We'll at least this means some customer orders are being scheduled. It's so hard to not email my dealer daily - I'm trying to restrain myself until a return for Florida on March 3rd.

Yay. We'll at least this means some customer orders are being scheduled. It's so hard to not email my dealer daily - I'm trying to restrain myself until a return for Florida on March 3rd.

I know exactly how you feel! Especially after reading that we have at least one scheduled build date. I so want to call my salesman, but I'm trying very hard not to be a nag.

• Like 1

I know exactly how you feel! Especially after reading that we have at least one scheduled build date. I so want to call my salesman, but I'm trying very hard not to be a nag.

Ditto. My order was placed Feb. 2. Still, it's a positive sign that customer orders are being scheduled.

I'm not ready to pull the trigger on a new Focus, (hopefully late spring or summer) but I've crunched some numbers and package options and I think the SEL with the 303A over a Titanium 401A is the best deal for me. It saves about $600 or so, not a lot when buying a car, but it's still $600 clams, and as far as I can figure, all you give up is the sport tuned suspension and the push button start. Because of my back, I really need/want the power seat for flexibility and comfort, I want the upgraded sound system (hence the 303A over the 302A) and although I don't think I'll need all the technology of MyFord Touch, it will be nice to have. Hopefully I'll have it "In the Bank" by June.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my order went in today!happy%20feet.gif Confirmation should come by the end of the week.

Congratulations! I am patiently awaiting my weekly dealer VIN check tomorrow. It seems my beater daily driver caught a whiff of what's up - and sprang a coolant leak yesterday. Driving the LS the rest of the week until I can get the beater into my mechanic for diagnosis on Saturday. Hopefully it's just a hose. If it's serious, I'm done with it and it's going to charity immediately, otherwise I'll repair it and keep driving it until the Focus arrives. Tick-tock.