GT500 Drag Test Results

NickF1011

All of those results about high 12's and low 13's for the GT500's 1/4 mile times were a bunch of bologna, just like I thought.

New Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords came in the mail earlier this week. With Evan Smith at the wheel:

12.25 @ 117 MPH

Smith also noted that the car's 3.31 rear gears seemed to be the major hinderance. He said with 4.10s, the car would have easily done 11's.

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Take that you non-driving idiots at Road & Track. :fan:

Edited by NickF1011

• 5 weeks later...
Wouldn't 4.10's be a bit much for a roots blown Mustang? So much low end torque- maybe 3.55's, but not 4.10's.

Never!! The car comes with 3.31's already. 3.55's wouldn't even be noticable. You could always launch the car in 2nd gear on the street and keep 1st strictly for the track or while creeping in stop-and-go traffic. I do that already half the time with 4.10s and I'm not even supercharged.

Never!! The car comes with 3.31's already. 3.55's wouldn't even be noticable. You could always launch the car in 2nd gear on the street and keep 1st strictly for the track or while creeping in stop-and-go traffic. I do that already half the time with 4.10s and I'm not even supercharged.

I agree.

And also mention a 4.10 on a 05+ Mustang is not quite the same as a 04- Mustang. The tires (rollout) are larger.

Its already been said the chatter from the ceramic clutch is gone with 4.10's.