Machine Repair jobs at Lep for Active employees

MachineRepair88

Get over it. Everyone has known this was going to happen since they did it at GM and Chrysler. GM and Chrysler had to do the mechanical Electrical 2 trade system. The Ford trades will do mechanical teams which still identifies lines of demarcation for overtime opportunities and keeps the Appreniceship in its original state still training the historical trades. Honda and Toyota already do it. With outside contractors. If your so super concerned why don't you take all those skills you have and get a job somewhere else. Why would they, Ford is not going to the 2 trade system. Trades will still be seperate, just working in a team of different trades. That will show them. Believe me Ford won't miss a beat they will keep right on making cars and trucks with or without you. I think you should just jump on the bandwagon or off the roof your choice.

I have friends in trades and I talked to the trades rep today. You are feeding lies. All you have to do is call the national parties and they will hold the contract :finger:

I have friends in trades and I talked to the trades rep today. You are feeding lies. All you have to do is call the national parties and they will hold the contract :finger:

Sounds like what they pulled at DTP with PSO openings. It was all legit...as it goes. They needed PSO's at DTP or ( Rouge site), since they conveniently had a few trades about to be laid off, they let them opt to change trades and get retrained. I beleive they were a welder, pipefitter, and maybe a m/w? People asked why they didn't offer this to all ford laid off trades and go by seniority. Answer.... local 600 has a special local agreement that supersedes national. It lets them give their people any job openings rather than posting them company or zone wide.

Go figure.....sounds like Lima has special rights too!

Man I wish I had special rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like what they pulled at DTP with PSO openings. It was all legit...as it goes. They needed PSO's at DTP or ( Rouge site), since they conveniently had a few trades about to be laid off, they let them opt to change trades and get retrained. I beleive they were a welder, pipefitter, and maybe a m/w? People asked why they didn't offer this to all ford laid off trades and go by seniority. Answer.... local 600 has a special local agreement that supersedes national. It lets them give their people any job openings rather than posting them company or zone wide.

George Orwell, in Animal Farm, “All animals are equal, But some animals are more equal than others.”

Special rights?

Appendix N Step 1

Sounds like they were excess in the Rouge. They identified a need within the unit and filled it within the unit. This is step 1 of the hierarchy.

Why would the hierarchy let excess trades get laid off within a unit and then bring in more trades from ILO outside the unit therefore increasing the excess within the Rouge. Really is backwards thinking

Looks to me like the contract was followed

Looks like Lima got it right again then. Your wrong about the overtime and demarcation so check your facts before you post. As far as the teams to 2 trade system it is just another pilot program away. So figure that out contract expert.

Is this directed at me or skilled? Oh well I will answer anyway

Overtime and demarcation are true. I found out today there is a pilot now at Sterling and they work helping hands when production is running and go by lines of demarcation for overtime opportunities. They are NOT 2 TRADE like GM and CHRYSLER. FACT

If you are comparing the Stationary Steam at the Rouge they contacted the National Skilled Trades Committee and went through a program developed by the National Committee.

Did the Lima group go thru the National Committee and get the blessing to move forward with reskilling from one trade to another???

I think not

Is this directed at me or skilled? Oh well I will answer anyway

Overtime and demarcation are true. I found out today there is a pilot now at Sterling and they work helping hands when production is running and go by lines of demarcation for overtime opportunities. They are NOT 2 TRADE like GM and CHRYSLER. FACT

You information is correct. It started this week in fact. How effective it is remains to be seen. In my estimations, if they manned the whole plant this way (this "pilot team" is dedicated to only 2 depts), there would be a shortfall of people to go around.

Sterling trades have always complemented each other very well. As the populations have dwindled, this has become even more evident.

Edited by Maislebandit

No I'm talking about overtime in lima not sterling. We are one big happy family here at lima we take care of our own.. wouldn't call it a special deal just taking care of our own first. What's wrong with that.

thats ok as long as they do it within the contract.. No dirty filthy backroom deals..