2011 Explorer - Head rest DVD Questions

For the guys who got the OEM Headrest Invision DVD can you clarify something for me.

I got the Invision/Ford OEM headrest DVD installed at the dealer, the new DVD headrests and not even close to the same size or shape of the ones delivered with the vehicle.

The Invision DVD ones are taller, wider and more rectangular, the non DVD ones are smaller and shaped more rounded, kind of bulging out towards the drivers head.

Im guessing they had to make a bigger headrest to accommodate the DVD

Can other advise if they have the same thing?

Colour is the same though.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine are about 10" x 10" x 5" and flare out towards the bottom. Compared to the stock ones which the dealer gave me back the Invision are def more boxy the others are squatty and rounder. Happy overall with them.

Did you get an operations manual for the DVD system, I did not curious if others came with one.

Also may look into a screen protector like Nu shield since the screen is exposed all the time. They are getting me sizing info and I will post results after I install.

Mine are about 10" x 10" x 5" and flare out towards the bottom. Compared to the stock ones which the dealer gave me back the Invision are def more boxy the others are squatty and rounder. Happy overall with them.

Did you get an operations manual for the DVD system, I did not curious if others came with one.

Also may look into a screen protector like Nu shield since the screen is exposed all the time. They are getting me sizing info and I will post results after I install.

I did get one and I also downloaded the one from the Invision website so check their site for a copy.

Im not too happy with the in vehicle audio through the FM transmitter, in my area it only works on 88.3MHZ and its not great audio. Kinda poor compared to the system in the GM full size SUV's with direct wired full Dolby and DTS surround sound through the audio system. You just picked DVD on the nav screen as one of the sources and the audio was like being in a theatre.

We will have to find an aftermarket lockpick for this feature.

I understand totally on the GM I had a Tahoe with that setup, but we rarely used it mainly the headphones. Have not had a chance to pump the current system through the stereo. Ask your dealer to order a bound book to include in the rest of the manuals, its the least they can do for the price of the system. My dealer did not give me grief about doing that.

I understand totally on the GM I had a Tahoe with that setup, but we rarely used it mainly the headphones. Have not had a chance to pump the current system through the stereo. Ask your dealer to order a bound book to include in the rest of the manuals, its the least they can do for the price of the system. My dealer did not give me grief about doing that.

What's a bound book?