Van Dyke Alternative Work Schedule

fx4V

Trades?

yep, you saw it right. last year it was voted down by trades, now we got new leadership. they backdoored trades and agreed to it. no vote no nothing. were going first week of Feb. trades are appealing but when this goes to all trades down the road you probably will want to thank Robb Miller, Vince Cola and Lance Adams. some have hired lawyers and are tryin to get it overturned along with our current bar. comm.

• Like 1

yep, you saw it right. last year it was voted down by trades, now we got new leadership. they backdoored trades and agreed to it. no vote no nothing. were going first week of Feb. trades are appealing but when this goes to all trades down the road you probably will want to thank Robb Miller, Vince Cola and Lance Adams. some have hired lawyers and are tryin to get it overturned along with our current bar. comm.

Bunch of prima donnas in trades. Stop whining and do what the company wants. You guys sit on your asses 70% of the time

Bunch of prima donnas in trades. Stop whining and do what the company wants. You guys sit on your asses 70% of the time

don't know who you are but if you get another brain cell you will have two. you are either company or just plain stupid. guess that no vote thing sailed right over you head. and if you have the smarts to look down that road you will see 4-screw for all tradeds all plants combined trades which means lost trade jobs then i will be doin the job of production worker then who will be sitting on thier asses 100% of the time. that is just what the company wants trades vs prod. devide and conquer and we both loose. trades and prod. are pretty tight on this one at van dyke. if you are prod. you need to look at the whole picture before you throw out bs statements like that and if you are company f--k you!

• Like 1

don't know who you are but if you get another brain cell you will have two. you are either company or just plain stupid. guess that no vote thing sailed right over you head. and if you have the smarts to look down that road you will see 4-screw for all tradeds all plants combined trades which means lost trade jobs then i will be doin the job of production worker then who will be sitting on thier asses 100% of the time. that is just what the company wants trades vs prod. devide and conquer and we both loose. trades and prod. are pretty tight on this one at van dyke. if you are prod. you need to look at the whole picture before you throw out bs statements like that and if you are company f--k you!

4 days on, 4 days off sounds good to me...

As far as trades being combined, I thought there was a "helping hands" pilot program at Sterling?

This does not sound all that bad to me, more time with the family and other things. The helping hands program will help all trades become more knowledgable in all aspects of maintaining equipment. Change can be tough for some I guess.

You don"t get to vote on it! It's already in the National Agreement, as liquidspine has stated in his post. All the company has to do is give the local a 14 day notice that the plant is going to an AWS. Read the contract!

You don"t get to vote on it! It's already in the National Agreement, as liquidspine has stated in his post. All the company has to do is give the local a 14 day notice that the plant is going to an AWS. Read the contract!

first you should read the posts. we already voted on it over a year ago. I will take the opinion of the 2 lawyers that looked at it. as it pertains to trades. there is nothing in it about van dyke and trades 4c. that would force trades at vd You should read the contract. I think you are confusing vd with another plant. I think liquid is talking production.

Edited by 4-screwed
  • Like 1

first you should read the posts. we already voted on it over a year ago. I will take the opinion of the 2 lawyers that looked at it. as it pertains to trades. there is nothing in it about van dyke and trades 4c. that would force trades at vd You should read the contract. I think you are confusing vd with another plant. I think liquid is talking production.

Does this new 4 day on 4 off schedule(we do it at DTP with trades and they love it) cut into your nap time?? LOL Im guessing you are some old timer who cant stand when anything in life gets changed. Improvise, adapt, overcome. You should be embarrased to call lawyers to handle this. Bunch of cry babies. Who paid the Lawyers retainer? Im guessing th lawyer thing is some rumor. Stop whining

Does this new 4 day on 4 off schedule(we do it at DTP with trades and they love it) cut into your nap time?? LOL Im guessing you are some old timer who cant stand when anything in life gets changed. Improvise, adapt, overcome. You should be embarrased to call lawyers to handle this. Bunch of cry babies. Who paid the Lawyers retainer? Im guessing th lawyer thing is some rumor. Stop whining

Whats embarrassing is our barg. reps. If I wanted to have a discussion with a company suck ass I would go to our comm. room. i am sure there will be many that would agree with me when I say if they cut any trades in the future and they go on production I hope your the first prod. out the door . NOW GET BACK UNDER THE DESK!

Solidarity, asshole

Edited by 4-screwed
  • Like 1

You don't get to vote on it. The language on AWS is in the February 2009 modification agreement. And, it doesn't matter if you are trades or production. Our plant has been on an AWS for over a year and a half. We did not get to vote on it, because you don't. For the record, I'm trades and working an AWS, (and not liking it at all). And, I have read the contract.

Whats embarrassing is our barg. reps. If I wanted to have a discussion with a company suck ass I would go to our comm. room. i am sure there will be many that would agree with me when I say if they cut any trades in the future and they go on production I hope your the first prod. out the door . NOW GET BACK UNDER THE DESK!

Solidarity, asshole

Why dont you quit and take your trade somewhere else where they appreciate you? I am wondering who paid for a retainer on a lawyer also(not cheap)? If you took your "Trade" elsewhere you would mostlikely qualify as a janitor at some school system or a handyman at a hotel. Lawyer LOL!!!! Thats laughable the rumors that get started LOL......Stop being babies. Im guessing this new schedule is gonna make it so you cant go nhome for a three hour lunch now? Or no more leaving work 2 hours early to go golfing?? Poor trades...You guys sit on your asses all day. No wonder most of you are obese

Why dont you quit and take your trade somewhere else where they appreciate you? I am wondering who paid for a retainer on a lawyer also(not cheap)? If you took your "Trade" elsewhere you would mostlikely qualify as a janitor at some school system or a handyman at a hotel. Lawyer LOL!!!! Thats laughable the rumors that get started LOL......Stop being babies. Im guessing this new schedule is gonna make it so you cant go nhome for a three hour lunch now? Or no more leaving work 2 hours early to go golfing?? Poor trades...You guys sit on your asses all day. No wonder most of you are obese

them are fighting words, look at your pay for putting in a bolt so you better stop while your ahead

• Like 1

them are fighting words, look at your pay for putting in a bolt so you better stop while your ahead

I understand Im over paid for what I do. Im just wondering if skilled trades realizes they are? All im saying is times are changing. Whats wrong with the company saving money by cross training skilled trades(I have multiple family members in trades)? Or by changing the work schedule so PM is done more efficiently? Did anyone listen to Bob Kings speech where he stated this is the NEW UAW that does NOT hold companies hostage with its outmoded (obsolete) ways of thinking? We all need to remember that if we were out on the street our "Skills" would probably qualify us for about half of what we currently make. Not trying to be an ahole...sorry if I was

• Like 1

You don't get to vote on it. The language on AWS is in the February 2009 modification agreement. And, it doesn't matter if you are trades or production. Our plant has been on an AWS for over a year and a half. We did not get to vote on it, because you don't. For the record, I'm trades and working an AWS, (and not liking it at all). And, I have read the contract.

Like I said, we voted on it feb 2010 and turned it down. The international, Gettlefinger, then informed the company that Van Dyke trades would not be going 4-c.end of story. The language does not support it for vd. take it up with gettlefinger. but please enlighten me. show me the language that says we can be forced into 4c you would be the first.

• Like 1

Like I said, we voted on it feb 2010 and turned it down. The international, Gettlefinger, then informed the company that Van Dyke trades would not be going 4-c.end of story. The language does not support it for vd. take it up with gettlefinger. but please enlighten me. show me the language that says we can be forced into 4c you would be the first.

Feb. 14, 2009 modifications, shelf agreemement page 3. "Following these discussions, the company may, with a minimum of fourteen (14) days notice, transition between traditional work schedule, and/or the following designated alternative work schedules at ANY UAW-Ford location." I believe Van Dyke falls under the group ANY UAW-Ford location. Please site something out of the contract like I have for you that states VD trades do not have to go on AWS.

PS. Lawyers will tell you whatever you want to hear to get your money.

I'm sure you feel your justified being paid $28-$29 to put a couple bolts on a trans., engine or line. Take that same job outside of the big 3 and you might get paid $10-$12 and hour. I know the going rate for electricians outside of the big 3 is a couple dollars more and hour than we get paid. Oh and by the way if the company had there way they would pay us even MORE to pull our tool box up next to the machine so we can run it and fix it when it breaks which would run your lazy ass out the door. This is what IMT's is all about. Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1

I cant pretend to know everything about our contract but why would they let trades vote on something that we all voted on yrs ago? Not only that but everyone I talk to who is in the 4crew case job loves that unit. When I went over talking to people in that area the only complaint they had was they wished the ex chairman would just retire. what if it works out for trades guys? And if it goes away down the road are they going to be upset then to? And for the record I dont feel trades or production are over paid! We work in a great plant and we should be very greatful. Just my 2 cents.]

what is exactly the AWS, they r talking about using it in a couple of departtments at sterling axle. anyone here about this, how would it work, someone said 3-12's and 4-10's with 4 crews, thanks for any info

I am at sterling....it is 2 day shift crews 12 hours a day one crew works 4 12's the other works 3 12's...the next week they switch.......2 afternoon crews...one works 4 12's the other works 3 12's the next week they switch.....so you work 12 hour days but you work 4 days one week and 3 the next.