Eco Boost production?

spunkymonky

Mine's supposed to be in tomorrow. I'm on Vancouver Island. Some conflicting reports about the date though. My salesman told me it is scheduled to arrive on Jan. 31, but could be up to a week late. I saw a notice somewhere however that Ford has just in the last few days released the eco-boosts for delivery. That'll put my delivery date somewhere around early March. I'll see if he can track it if it's not delivered tomorrow. Might not do any good though. I'm told that once it leaves Ford's hands, they can't track it. Maybe I can find the date it shipped out.

Spunky, I can't find any such forum on this site. In the search function there is a listing for vehicle search by ford employees, much like on other sites, but it seems to have been shut down in 2008. Can you point me in the right direction if I am indeed misinformed?

On other sites the sticky states that once vehicle has left factory, they can no longer track it.

Spunky, I can't find any such forum on this site. In the search function there is a listing for vehicle search by ford employees, much like on other sites, but it seems to have been shut down in 2008. Can you point me in the right direction if I am indeed misinformed?

On other sites the sticky states that once vehicle has left factory, they can no longer track it.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

Congrats Crownvicsparky! I'm interested in the fuel economy numbers as well. I'd expect,for me, that it'll be around 7 miles to the gallon for the first tank. That and a big old grin from ear to ear.

Spunkymonky, I'd rather just kill two birds with one stone rather than bugging the workers for half an answer. Dealer should be able to give me an answer as to ship date and delivery to dealer.

I am picking mine up after work today, I am really excited to see what this truck can do and how well it is on fuel.

All I'm waiting for to order my new truck is real world numbers for the eco. I had all but written it off until Egypt erupted. The instability in that region will guarantee gas prices go up.

So how is the EcoBoost in terms of maintenance? I have a tendency to wait a bit too long between oil changes, and I'm concerned that I might get punished much more severely for doing this with the EcoBoost versus the "standard" 5.0L. Also, does routine maintenance (tune-ups, etc.) become more complicated and more expensive with the EcoBoost?

I am picking mine up after work today, I am really excited to see what this truck can do and how well it is on fuel.

Crownvicsparky, I hope you're at the dealer with cheque book in hand! Where is STAP?

I phoned my dealer this morning, had the salesman do a track, but never got a call back.

Edited by nemosdad

So how is the EcoBoost in terms of maintenance? I have a tendency to wait a bit too long between oil changes, and I'm concerned that I might get punished much more severely for doing this with the EcoBoost versus the "standard" 5.0L. Also, does routine maintenance (tune-ups, etc.) become more complicated and more expensive with the EcoBoost?

jrbdmb,

Good evening, maybe this will help you on this. I live in the Jacksonville NC area when not in IRAQ, and while at my local advance auto toy store, I met one of the managers whose husband works for ford and had recently attended the schools for the EB Engine. Remember this base engine has been in the Flex and the Taurus SHO, as per him they have only seen a couple for minor tweaks and nothing major at all. Now all the other engines that is another story. So far also things have been good for the 3.7 and the 5.0. That speaks a lot to me as I am going to get the EB engine for my FX2 Screw. The cost of oil will be a little bit more as the oil pan is deeper and so more oil needed. The torture videos were done with routine oil changes - 10 K miles. 24 hour run on a race track, which is not what you are i might do but just changing tires, gas and driver says a lot to the durability. Spark plug changes are rated at 90,000 miles. Timing chain instead of a belt. Timing Chain tension er if I remember right from the tear down vid had 7 notches and it had only used 3 and that was after 165,000 miles. Lastly, the turbos have come a long way in cooling and materials. These are water cooled and not oil cooled big difference on longevity. I would say common sense and even if you are a little late changing the oil like the rest of us out here. It will forgive you. :reading: Hope this helps Take care from Iraq :shift:

jrbdmb,

Good evening, maybe this will help you on this. I live in the Jacksonville NC area when not in IRAQ, and while at my local advance auto toy store, I met one of the managers whose husband works for ford and had recently attended the schools for the EB Engine. Remember this base engine has been in the Flex and the Taurus SHO, as per him they have only seen a couple for minor tweaks and nothing major at all. Now all the other engines that is another story. So far also things have been good for the 3.7 and the 5.0. That speaks a lot to me as I am going to get the EB engine for my FX2 Screw. The cost of oil will be a little bit more as the oil pan is deeper and so more oil needed. The torture videos were done with routine oil changes - 10 K miles. 24 hour run on a race track, which is not what you are i might do but just changing tires, gas and driver says a lot to the durability. Spark plug changes are rated at 90,000 miles. Timing chain instead of a belt. Timing Chain tension er if I remember right from the tear down vid had 7 notches and it had only used 3 and that was after 165,000 miles. Lastly, the turbos have come a long way in cooling and materials. These are water cooled and not oil cooled big difference on longevity. I would say common sense and even if you are a little late changing the oil like the rest of us out here. It will forgive you. :reading: Hope this helps Take care from Iraq :shift:

Thanks for the info and your service to our country. Take care of yourself. :hyper:

Edited by jrbdmb

Do they que the customer ordered trucks ahead of the dealer lot trucks?

My dealer had placed the order for my truck. Once I decided I wanted that truck he said he would update the priority status and it would get it here faster. I don't think it gets built any faster but once it's done it won't sit around too long since someone actually owns it now. Someone correct me if that is not how it works..

My dealer had placed the order for my truck. Once I decided I wanted that truck he said he would update the priority status and it would get it here faster. I don't think it gets built any faster but once it's done it won't sit around too long since someone actually owns it now. Someone correct me if that is not how it works..

Hmmm, I ordered mine on 1/4 and haven't gotten any info from my dealer every time I've contacted her. I'm going to see if I can also have them update the priority status. Thanks for the tip.

Hmmm, I ordered mine on 1/4 and haven't gotten any info from my dealer every time I've contacted her. I'm going to see if I can also have them update the priority status. Thanks for the tip.

I ordered my F-150 KR w/EB Engine on 1/3/11, and still no factory confirmation or VIN number.

Do they que the customer ordered trucks ahead of the dealer lot trucks?

My understanding is priority is 1-99 with 1 being Mr. Ford wants a new ride. Most dealers go 10-99. 99 means order is in but won't get built. Most dealers use 50 for their lot stocks and 20-10 for retail/sold or ordered units. This way ordered vehicles get built before their lot units do. Hope this helps.