When is VIN available after order is placed?

mikesxpress

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea when the VIN should be available after the truck order is placed? Ordered my F150 XLT EcoBoost 1/28/11.

Not until the truck is scheduled for production.

You can post your info in the "Vehicle Locator" forum, (under Ford Employee's Forum), and get updates on your truck if you're curious.

Placed an order 1/4/11 and still haven't heard any info on the truck. I'm starting to think my dealer isn't doing his job

January 4???

I ordered September 18 and my truck's scheduled this week. See my thread in the "Vehicle Tracking by Ford Employees" forum here.

It's not your dealer. It's Ford. This new line rollout has been a total joke.

As far as the sticker goes, mine's not available online yet either. I hear a nasty rumor that production has been pushed back yet again.

As I said, I'm scheduled this week, but I'm not holding my breath.

I ordered my 2011 lariat 5.0 Screw on January 27. My window sticker appeared last Thursday with a build date of February 18.

It's great you can view yours. I've been looking at some VIN's of my local dealers of trucks they've got on order, and the ones that have just come in. The ones they have that are being built either this week or next have VIN's right around my production number. Strangely though, mine hasn't shown up yet so the 2/14 build week may or may not happen...

I ordered my 2011 lariat 5.0 Screw on January 27. My window sticker appeared last Thursday with a build date of February 18.

Where and how did you window sticker appear? I would like to know where to check to find this info if possible!

Thanks in advance!

I ordered my 2011 Raptor SuperCrew on 1/24/11 and nothing yet. Had the dealer check on it last Friday and all he said was that it was on "material hold". You never know how Ford pulls them in for production, but i am ready for mine to get on the production line.

UPDATE: Received my VIN on 1-25 -11 with a build week of March 14th.

Edited by Raptor11

I just received my VIN# from the dealer :) When I use http://services.ford...er.pdf?vin= to check status... it just goes to an error page or page could not be located... does that mean the window sticker is not up yet? Thanks.

Make sure you VIN is in that Link like: http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FTEX1R68BFA91436

But its not uncommon that it will take a bit to show up

ordered van 02/02. got vin on the 7th. window sticker appeared on the 22nd of feb but has no build or blend date. how is everyone seeing that info? dealer said supposed to have build date of today the 26th of feb. sure would like more info.

The build date should be on the sticker. It's encoded in a couple of places. The easiest place to look is the very bottom left corner. Mine reads 2201103047535. Look at the 2nd to 9th digits 20110304 in my case. Mar 4, 2011. Digits 10-13, 7535 in my case, are the blend number.

Edited by PitCritter

You're right...it's not there.

Sorry, I'm as lost as you.

It doesn't work on "Commercial" trucks - I checked the local dealer, all of the F-150's show blend dates and build dates, but the F-250's look just like your sticker with no dates on them.

The only date I see on the sticker you have is 02 21 2011, which I'm going to guess is the blend date

BB211 N RB 2X 120 000435 02 21 11 is at the bottom and

9-NORMAL,NB,000435,BB21,000008659 is at the top