Sync Phone Questions

bri23

Two questions if anyone knows.

1. Everytime the vehicle turns on it asks if I want 911 assist on/off. I always just hit the off button. What exactly does that feature do and should I be leaving it on. Can you just make a default setting so I don't have to keep seeing that questions.

2. Sync voice command has been pretty good but sometimes it will call someone else in my phone book that I didn't want. It's kind of embarassing to call random people especially at early or late hours. Is there a way to make the setting confrim who I call before it goes ahead and places the call? I know it adds an extra step to make a call but I have to stop making wrong calls.

You want the assist on...if you get into a major accidenit calls 911 for you.

Sounds like you need to do the initial voice recognition and initial set up for sync....it gets a sample of your voice and sets all of your preferences. 911assist being one of them. See your owners manual on how to do that for your particular sync setup.

What model year? Do you have navigation?

2011. No navigation. The 911 thing makes sense. I read more about and had no idea it did all of that. Also found information on the smart key feature. No idea it could do all that either. I had these experiences with a rental car last week so I don't have access to the owners manual. I'm sure reading that cover to cover will answer many questions but one thing that made the technology cool was I was able to jump in the car and figure most of it out right out of the box. I did have a test drive when I purchased my vehicle so I had some basic idea how it all worked but I love how simple it really is. I was not aware there was an actual set up for Sync that would take samples of voice etc.. I will have to make sure I do the set up of my own car right. Anxiously awaiting my Edge which should arrive sometime next week. But in the meantime if someone knows how to adjust the phone setting to confirm a call that would be great as that was a major problem that I need to avoid day 1 on my new car.

2011. No navigation. The 911 thing makes sense. I read more about and had no idea it did all of that. Also found information on the smart key feature. No idea it could do all that either. I had these experiences with a rental car last week so I don't have access to the owners manual. I'm sure reading that cover to cover will answer many questions but one thing that made the technology cool was I was able to jump in the car and figure most of it out right out of the box. I did have a test drive when I purchased my vehicle so I had some basic idea how it all worked but I love how simple it really is. I was not aware there was an actual set up for Sync that would take samples of voice etc.. I will have to make sure I do the set up of my own car right. Anxiously awaiting my Edge which should arrive sometime next week. But in the meantime if someone knows how to adjust the phone setting to confirm a call that would be great as that was a major problem that I need to avoid day 1 on my new car.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com -> Owner Guides

You can read the OM plus the Sync/MyTouch supplement online.

• 3 months later...

Had the same problem ; several times it would call the wrong person but I never did find a way around it.

I ended up using the favorites for the people I called the most and once you hit the persons name the call starts immediatly and never have to worry about calling the wrong person.