2012 Mustangs

dhanulec

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

and just add your complete VIN after the = sign. You should get a build date from your dealer a few days before the sticker shows up.

Thanks. My dealer doesn't even use email... I am kind of nervous about this order. My first ever order and I am so anxious my pants are on fire and I have no info.

Thanks. My dealer doesn't even use email... I am kind of nervous about this order. My first ever order and I am so anxious my pants are on fire and I have no info.

Yeah, no e-mail with my dealer either. That's why I make it a point to go by there at least every week, or call if I can't stop in. He always gets a weekly update on all incoming vehicles, so there should be something to inquire about every week, even if it's to confirm the same status of last week. His updates come on Thursday, so I drop in on Fridays.

I don't know why they aren't more tech-savvy. I'm dealing only with the sales manager / partial owner, and he wasn't aware of the window sticker website either...didn't think I could do it. I also had to explain the 2012 order guide to him - which I had a copy of before he did.

Bottom line, he's cool with an involved customer and he's learning some things. That's good, but I don't care either way. For the money I'm spending, I want the car configured right and I want the full buyer's experience that makes the waiting more bearable.

Still awaiting a VIN for mine as well. It was ordered 1/21/11 and it is a Grabber Blue GT with Brembo's, Nav, Comfort pak, and 3.73's with a 6spd. I'm starting to get antsie now. Glad I have my 2003 Cobra with a Kenny Bell on it. 700+ to the tire that entertains me until this arrives.

I'm new to the site and it's my first time to order a car. I ordered Just a plain 2012 Mustang GT/Grabber Blue/premium. Order date was 02/15/11. Salesperson told me 6 - 8 weeks. Haven't heard anything from anyone on a status before today. Emailed the salesperson today and he responded rather quickly. He said there was a hold on production because of an engine shortage for the V-8 (sounds like a parts shortage to me) and that i was looking at late April/mid May for it to come in. How do you get notified when you get a VIN number and when you get the VIN can you track your vehicle or something like that. I'm in the dark and waiting for some light. Thanks for any info.

This was just quoted to me from my dealer yesterday:

Hey Joe,

I just got the word, your vehicle has officially been scheduled and pulled to be built as of yesterday. I still don't have a full vin # to track the ETA on it but that shouldn't be too far off. I'll keep you updated.

Nick

I hope it will not be much longer, maybe the 1st to 2nd week in april to see it!

Edited by blownblu03

That's awesome blownblu03! Probably just a relief to hear something. Rhymhoont, i'm in the same boat as you. Also hoping i had mine for spring. Looks like the start of summer now. Unless i hear something else. Since i have a longer wait, i emailed my salesman and told him to add the comfort package. He said the lady who places the orders is on vacation and will let me know monday if they can get that done. I don't see what the problem would be since they'd be getting more money out of me. One more thing... has anybody gotten anything extra out of their dealer (like a car cover or something like that) for the longer wait?

Dealers have access to a "Preview Report" showing vehicles that are expected to be scheduled each week including reasons why certain orders can't be selected for scheduling that week. Our dealership has received (2) 2012 Mustang GT's so far and sold/delivered one already. I've got 3 more 2012 GT's in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) yet this past week the "Preview Reports" were showing that there was a shortage of 5.0L V8's.

Dealers have access to a "Preview Report" showing vehicles that are expected to be scheduled each week including reasons why certain orders can't be selected for scheduling that week. Our dealership has received (2) 2012 Mustang GT's so far and sold/delivered one already. I've got 3 more 2012 GT's in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) yet this past week the "Preview Reports" were showing that there was a shortage of 5.0L V8's.

Thanks again. Guess i'll have to occupy my mind on something else until mine comes in.

I am hoping the dealer can provide me with an estimated delivery date this week. I have not pressured the dealer for anything extra but I am going to see if they will wave the destination fee of $850 since the wait have increased so much. Doubt I'll get anywhere but worth the try.

Dealer just provided me with an estimated delivery date of April 18th. 5 more weeks! OUCH!

Ouch is right. I am pretty disappointed in one thing really about my first ordered car. The lack of feed back from Ford. Maybe it's my dealer, I ask him every week or two, and I get, "I'll call you when you get a VIN..."

More than speed. My buddy ordered a Yukon and a BMW SUV thingy on the same day, two weeks before my order. I asked him today about it and every time I ask he knows everything about the BMW, and some stuff about the Yukon. As I was talking to him BMW called him to tell him it was ready for him to pick up.

That killed me! Not so much, well yea on speed too, but on the fact I have had mine on order almost as long as him (two weeks less) and I still have no clue if I will even ever get mine...

Just a drag I guess that he from the first week could log on to a web site and see where his order was. I am starting to ask myself it it is really on order.

My window sticker showed up online 2/23, and the build day was 3/01 (right at a week after the sticker). As of yesterday, it's sitting at the railhead waiting on the right train.

And for the rest of the story...

It left the railhead @ Flat Rock on 3/11, and arrived at the dealership 3/21, LAST NIGHT!

So, as of 11 AM on 3/22, it's all mine...right now, it's home locked up in the garage, and its a BEAUT!

2012 GT / 400A / 6MT / 3.55

Kona Blue w/ White OTT Stripes

Charcoal Interior, Reverse Sensing, HID & Security

Electronics Package, Rear Camera

And for the rest of the story...

It left the railhead @ Flat Rock on 3/11, and arrived at the dealership 3/21, LAST NIGHT!

So, as of 11 AM on 3/22, it's all mine...right now, it's home locked up in the garage, and its a BEAUT!

2012 GT / 400A / 6MT / 3.55

Kona Blue w/ White OTT Stripes

Charcoal Interior, Reverse Sensing, HID & Security

Electronics Package, Rear Camera

That is awesome! I would probably be wiping it with a diaper all night, but that's just me.

Might I ask when you placed the order?

That is awesome! I would probably be wiping it with a diaper all night, but that's just me.

Might I ask when you placed the order?

Well, that's a "long" story...pun intended. The original order went in 11/04/2010, but that one didn't end up getting built. So, I reordered in December. Here is the timeline for that order:

Re-Ordered: 2010_12_28

Built: 2011_03_01

Shipped by Rail: 2011_03_11

Delivered: 2011_03_22

I'd love to be doing something with it, but I literally had time to get it home, lock it up in the garage, and head for the airport. This is one business trip that I'm glad will be a short one.

Congrats man, I am dieing for my car. This has been a long winter and between the horrible weather here in the Hudson Valley NY plus waiting for the car im going stir crazy!

Just a drag I guess that he from the first week could log on to a web site and see where his order was. I am starting to ask myself it it is really on order.

On Labor Day Sept 4th 2007 I orderd a 2008 BMW 335i, I had the car on Oct 23 2007 and I tracked it's progress thru every part of the build in Germany right at my computer. The Mustang is a total guessing and waiting game! I spoke to my dealer back in November and i was told to wait until the end of January if I want a March car. Yeah OK I waited and now I end up with a MAY car! Don't worry this will come up on the time of final numbers!

Edited by blownblu03

Dealer just provided me with an estimated delivery date of April 18th. 5 more weeks! OUCH!

That's great that you got an estimated delivery date. At least you're not in total darkness anymore. I ordered mine 3 weeks after your order. Hopefully, that's what i have to look forward to. My salesman did say late April/mid May.

That's great that you got an estimated delivery date. At least you're not in total darkness anymore. I ordered mine 3 weeks after your order. Hopefully, that's what i have to look forward to. My salesman did say late April/mid May.

We will see, he said that the date is not set in stone but it will be an April car. I shall believe it when I see it. There is a hold up on 5.0L engines since they are shared with the F150. I still do not have a full VIN yet. It was pulled to be build last Wednesday over a week ago and still NO VIN. My hopes are not high for an April delivery. I need it for June 3rd so I can attend Ford Nationals in Carlisle PA!!!!! LOL

Edited by blownblu03

Ordered my forever dream car on 2/26/11. It's my 25th wedding anniversary present! First time I've ordered a vehicle. The wait is killing me. Last week dealer said it should be in the week of April 11th. Hope it is! Want to drive it for our anniversary trip, leaving the 15th.

Ordered my forever dream car on 2/26/11. It's my 25th wedding anniversary present! First time I've ordered a vehicle. The wait is killing me. Last week dealer said it should be in the week of April 11th. Hope it is! Want to drive it for our anniversary trip, leaving the 15th.

Don't hold your breath on the date you were told if you ordered a GT. My order was put in on 02/15/11 and was told 6 to 8 weeks. Ends up there's a shortage on the 5.0 engine and my dealer told me it looks more like late April or mid May until it gets in. Not holding my breath on that either. Honestly, i'm a little disappointed in my first experience on ordering a car; but, what can ya do?