Thank You

fordtpworker1993

I'd like to say thanks to all the dumbass people that drove in a foot of snow last week since Ford didn't say it to you. I stayed home took an official northern "Carolina Holiday" and got paid short w.w....what happen to the extra pay you all were suppose to get for coming in? Bend over and take it!

At KCAP WE GOT 4.4 HRS EXTRA FOR SHOWING UP

KINDA FUNNY SOMEONE CAN GET TO WORK LIVING 30 MILES AWAY AND SOMEONE LIVES 2 MILES AWAY CAN'T GET THERE

ITS CALLED 4 WHEEL DRIVE OR MAYBE ITS JUST LAZY

Edited by uawxlt
  • Like 1

Just because B-Crew didn’t receive any extra pay shouldn’t entice any Union Brother or Sister to ask or even suggest that other Brothers and Sisters receive AWOL’s.

Shouldn’t we as Union brothers and sisters be demanding equal representation and farness be afforded to all of our B-Crew Brothers and Sisters as was afforded to A-Crew? Equal application of the contract includes practices that are not written but agreed on by both parties, carried out and afforded to any represented member(s).

I’m glad that A-Crew was given some type of compensation for this day. But I also feel that B-Crew should have received the very same compensation or at least some type of. But asking or suggesting that members get an AWOL just because the Union failed in there duty to represent everyone isn’t right.

As I understood it, B-Crew was released after 8 hours. Please correct me if I was given the wrong information. But if true, then my question to the Union is this “Why wasn’t the B-Crew members, in the very least, given 80% pay for the remaining 2 hours, and coded to keep this pay even with worked overtime?” This might not equal what A-Crew was given, but in my opinion, it would have made many on B-Crew feel that they were also represented.

Be Good

Jeff Hodges

DTP Body

Local 600

• Like 3

Or just called stupid,thanks for coming in brother...as far I know nobody got anything extra here at DTP

I cant speak for what anyone else received, but I called off work for the day, requested a vaction day for it, and they backed out out the vacation day and gave me 6.4 hours because of the snow day. I think that was outstanding.

• Like 1

I, risking life, limb, and a 13 year old mini-van, somehow managed to get to Saline from Milan on a one track path made by someone with one of those big old Pick-ups(I like to think it was an F-350, but who knows?).

For this risk I was reward by being loaned out to another department, which I don't much like, and then paid nothing extra for making my way through the snow. :finger:

One guy I know did get paid an extra 8, but only after filing a grievance.

Isn't there one policy for all facilities? Shouldn't it be the same in each location? Why am I paying money each month to MY union and get so close to nothing in return? Does anyone know why the sky is blue? (oops, carried away there...)

Lesson learned: The effort isn't worth it. And that's a sad lesson indeed. :nonono:

• Like 2

First off, let me state that I did not have to make the decision to come to work, or stay home that day. I had Pre-Planned vacation time due to the coming storm and the area I live, and conditions I knew I would have had to drive in. I had what is called Forthought. FORD should have done the same.

When the motor companies own emergancy call in number has the message that was there on that day " Conditions are dangerous, use discretion, we care about our employees" that says it all. The day should have been called a snowday prior to ANYONE leaving home and heading in. Just as Chrysler did with 10 plants in the area,(cancelled production the night before) and GM did with several. Ford decided to allow you to take your life, and safety into your own hands, and so what if you had an accident, MAYBE they could produce vehicles, but they KNEW in advance, they probably wouldn't run, as they also knew the storm would keep many trucks from getting to the plant wth thier "just on time" deliveries.

Conditions on the roads were called Dangerous by state and local officials, warnings were given to stay off the roads if at all possible. FORD should have listened..

WE should all be pissed that Ford cares so little about us, that they are willing to have us face unsafe conditions to get to work. As a UNION, we wouldn't allow a co-worker to perform a job in unsafe conditions, WHY would we allow ourselves to do the excact same thing in trying to get to work? WHY in HELL are we fighting against one another?

As for the pay issues...YES they should haver been the same for all employees. Unfortunatly, and ACT OF GOD, doesn't distinguish between the shifts as to the road conditions at the time they would be on the road. What might be considered Dangerous at 2 am, or 6 am, might be cleared enough to be safe at 4 pm. The calling of a Snowday has to be done based on the conditions at the time that the employee would be on the road, not simply because the other shift got it. The ONLY thing manegement did even close to right in the entire situation, was sending "B" Shift home early. Yes, it should have been earlier, it should have been as soon as there were 4 inches of snow on the ground, especially knowing that twice that amount was going to fall. But I will still commend B Shift manegement for making the call, instead of working 10.7 hours, and putting everyone into an even more dangerous situation.

My hat is off to all of those that decided that their personal safety, was more important to thier Families, than it was to Ford Motor Company. These are the workers that will help shape the coming contract, sticking toghether is the biggest contribution any of us can make to our futures.

People...its time to stop fighing each other, and start fighing the bullshit that the company keeps forcing down our throats. Divide and conquer, is something the comapny is very good at. DON'T allow them to continue doing so.

• Like 3

First off, let me state that I did not have to make the decision to come to work, or stay home that day. I had Pre-Planned vacation time due to the coming storm and the area I live, and conditions I knew I would have had to drive in. I had what is called Forthought. FORD should have done the same.

When the motor companies own emergancy call in number has the message that was there on that day " Conditions are dangerous, use discretion, we care about our employees" that says it all. The day should have been called a snowday prior to ANYONE leaving home and heading in. Just as Chrysler did with 10 plants in the area,(cancelled production the night before) and GM did with several. Ford decided to allow you to take your life, and safety into your own hands, and so what if you had an accident, MAYBE they could produce vehicles, but they KNEW in advance, they probably wouldn't run, as they also knew the storm would keep many trucks from getting to the plant wth thier "just on time" deliveries.

Conditions on the roads were called Dangerous by state and local officials, warnings were given to stay off the roads if at all possible. FORD should have listened..

WE should all be pissed that Ford cares so little about us, that they are willing to have us face unsafe conditions to get to work. As a UNION, we wouldn't allow a co-worker to perform a job in unsafe conditions, WHY would we allow ourselves to do the excact same thing in trying to get to work? WHY in HELL are we fighting against one another?

As for the pay issues...YES they should haver been the same for all employees. Unfortunatly, and ACT OF GOD, doesn't distinguish between the shifts as to the road conditions at the time they would be on the road. What might be considered Dangerous at 2 am, or 6 am, might be cleared enough to be safe at 4 pm. The calling of a Snowday has to be done based on the conditions at the time that the employee would be on the road, not simply because the other shift got it. The ONLY thing manegement did even close to right in the entire situation, was sending "B" Shift home early. Yes, it should have been earlier, it should have been as soon as there were 4 inches of snow on the ground, especially knowing that twice that amount was going to fall. But I will still commend B Shift manegement for making the call, instead of working 10.7 hours, and putting everyone into an even more dangerous situation.

My hat is off to all of those that decided that their personal safety, was more important to thier Families, than it was to Ford Motor Company. These are the workers that will help shape the coming contract, sticking toghether is the biggest contribution any of us can make to our futures.

People...its time to stop fighing each other, and start fighing the bullshit that the company keeps forcing down our throats. Divide and conquer, is something the comapny is very good at. DON'T allow them to continue doing so.

Local 600 giving fair treatment to all?? yeah right. Ask them that when they drive by and can't talk to you because they are busy, when they got 10.7 hours to take 2 minutes to listen and do something for you. Sorry fair treatment at DTP by union doesn't happen and this is why we must vote them out come election time. I would also like to see a fair representation of all races on the floor, and not just blacks, I'm no racist, but many do agree that the whites don't get fair treatment in this plant. I'm not the only one saying this either my brother so before you attack me ask around. This needs to change. I'm not afraid to post this or say it, 99.% are, so let me be the one to burst the bubble. Remember what is said here the company can't hold it against you. Free speech is our right.

Notice I said "all races"... all races for fair treatment of all races.

Edited by sanduskyman
  • Like 3

Just because B-Crew didn’t receive any extra pay shouldn’t entice any Union Brother or Sister to ask or even suggest that other Brothers and Sisters receive AWOL’s.

Shouldn’t we as Union brothers and sisters be demanding equal representation and farness be afforded to all of our B-Crew Brothers and Sisters as was afforded to A-Crew? Equal application of the contract includes practices that are not written but agreed on by both parties, carried out and afforded to any represented member(s).

I’m glad that A-Crew was given some type of compensation for this day. But I also feel that B-Crew should have received the very same compensation or at least some type of. But asking or suggesting that members get an AWOL just because the Union failed in there duty to represent everyone isn’t right.

As I understood it, B-Crew was released after 8 hours. Please correct me if I was given the wrong information. But if true, then my question to the Union is this “Why wasn’t the B-Crew members, in the very least, given 80% pay for the remaining 2 hours, and coded to keep this pay even with worked overtime?” This might not equal what A-Crew was given, but in my opinion, it would have made many on B-Crew feel that they were also represented.

Be Good

Jeff Hodges

DTP Body

Local 600

These are the type of answers we should be giving each other on line and in the plant! Jeff your a good union brother that can give us hope for our future union if we band together theirs nothing we the membership can't do! THANKS AGAIN

• Like 2

I work at the DEFTP, figured I didn't want to drive in that mess some 42 miles, took a personal day. Later in the week they pulled my personal day, gave me a K code, and disqualified me for the short work week because I worked the Sunday before? Wound up with a 32 hour check the next week! Thanks for making me scramble to pay my bills that week HR. Idiots!

• Like 1

I work at the DEFTP, figured I didn't want to drive in that mess some 42 miles, took a personal day. Later in the week they pulled my personal day, gave me a K code, and disqualified me for the short work week because I worked the Sunday before? Wound up with a 32 hour check the next week! Thanks for making me scramble to pay my bills that week HR. Idiots!

Write a grievance. And if you do, write it yourself or it will never get written.. lol

BTW when you write a grievance yourself you insult the union committee for your basically saying they can't do your job. They then take it out on you by throwing it under the rug and losing it.

This is why I believe there should be an implant Kiosk for grievance handling. So that once a grievance gets put in the system it can't be taken out by anyone other then the union service rep or local. I also think the Kiosk should be used to call for a grievance, this way the union knows to come to your job and take a statement on your complaint or a statement of facts.

This is just one tool that should be used to help the worker if there is no time for a cart driver to come around and see you. Which is always the case.

Vote out everyone there now so we can get new people in that will actually perform their duties.

Start calling the local to complain about the reps also, they won't like that..

• Like 1