ramping up production

mbabbitt

ford wants to ramp up production! why ? so they can have a load of car's on supply come Sept. you all better be ready

They can't even supply the edge plant in oakville with enough engines to run more than 8hrs...poor planning and if the rumour of being 65,000 engines behid is correct it will cost ford lost customers.

• Like 3

ok i new all that right out of ford's. mouth ..you better look at the big picture ..... my 2 cents

No one ever accused you of being the sharpest tool in the shed I take it babbit. Its all over the news and business pages about the upswing in Ford sales and its increase in market share. Try reading something besides Comic Books once in a while and you will be better informed and wont make statements that make you look like an idiot..like this one

• Like 1

No one ever accused you of being the sharpest tool in the shed I take it babbit. Its all over the news and business pages about the upswing in Ford sales and its increase in market share. Try reading something besides Comic Books once in a while and you will be better informed and wont make statements that make you look like an idiot..like this one

thank you for bashing me .for trying to give you a heads up what dick you are

thank you for bashing me .for trying to give you a heads up what dick you are

How about if your going to "give people a heads up" have an idea about what you are posting. Your post speaks for itself...I wasnt the only one who thought it was moronic from what I see...Maybe dont post when your drunk? You had to have been drunk or something...

• Like 3

How about if your going to "give people a heads up" have an idea about what you are posting. Your post speaks for itself...I wasnt the only one who thought it was moronic from what I see...Maybe dont post when your drunk? You had to have been drunk or something...

ok then we will see what happens in sept ty for your nice thoughts

like i said! thank you for your nice comments

There is actually truth to both.....this is a contract year and if you check history and the big 3 they usually ramp up to about 115-130 day supply of cars (might be a little off). Volumes have also picked up substantially and spring time is usually a good time to buy a car!!

There isnt going to be a strike...

I didn't say anything about a strike, but don't be so sure of yourself on that! Ford has been pretty cocky and they still think that can do whatever they want because of the status of the economy. Unfortunately they have not stopped giving big bonuses to their salaried and because of this arrogance we will be asking for a little more. They can only play the uncompetitive card for so long. while GM and Chrysler can not get any increases in pay without going to arbitration, Ford does not have that luxury, but will be asking for it. There are other ways to get money out of them without giving the other 2 companies an advantage. I am sure the IUAW and negotiators will be tactful enough to throw some of their arrogance back into their faces!

I didn't say anything about a strike, but don't be so sure of yourself on that! Ford has been pretty cocky and they still think that can do whatever they want because of the status of the economy. Unfortunately they have not stopped giving big bonuses to their salaried and because of this arrogance we will be asking for a little more. They can only play the uncompetitive card for so long. while GM and Chrysler can not get any increases in pay without going to arbitration, Ford does not have that luxury, but will be asking for it. There are other ways to get money out of them without giving the other 2 companies an advantage. I am sure the IUAW and negotiators will be tactful enough to throw some of their arrogance back into their faces!

You are correct when you state that The Union is going to have to be creative in finding other ways to get money out of the company outside of raises. The writing is already on the wall that the "Bonus" system or increased profit sharing will be the companies soloutions to the raise issue. Im not trying to be a pessimist but we arent getting raises at Ford and then the other two companies get nothing. Our raises will be based on the companies profitability. They are making money..we get nice bonuses. They arent making money..you get your hourly wage and the great bennys you have now. Iu could think of worse scenarios

• Like 3

You are correct when you state that The Union is going to have to be creative in finding other ways to get money out of the company outside of raises. The writing is already on the wall that the "Bonus" system or increased profit sharing will be the companies soloutions to the raise issue. Im not trying to be a pessimist but we arent getting raises at Ford and then the other two companies get nothing. Our raises will be based on the companies profitability. They are making money..we get nice bonuses. They arent making money..you get your hourly wage and the great bennys you have now. Iu could think of worse scenarios

They will give us a big signing bonus and throw us a few trinkets like our lost break time back etc...The big three giving the execs bonuses based on profits and productivity seems to be a sign of what is in store for the UAW. I think our leaders will support this...Should be intresting in September. Historic contract...

They will give us a big signing bonus and throw us a few trinkets like our lost break time back etc...The big three giving the execs bonuses based on profits and productivity seems to be a sign of what is in store for the UAW. I think our leaders will support this...Should be intresting in September. Historic contract...

post-20284-0-49614000-1298455908_thumb.jpg Nick's crystal ball again.

Edited by Captain723

I, for one, would be more than willing to agree to frozen wages and suspended COLA for one more contract if the UAW could get GEN brought back from it's "suspended" state. I get by pretty well with what I get now and would be willing to stay where I am for 4 more years if we could get GEN back to protect our workforce. That just what my own wishful thinking.....

• Like 1

Ahh yes contract time welcome back Captain, been a few years(2009).

He was here for the first half of 2010 but all the trolls abused the sh!t out of him. I am surprised he is back but am glad because for the most part he tells it like it is whether you like it or not.

• Like 1