Picking up my new Ford in a few hours...

I'm finally getting enough time off work to go take delivery of my new truck. It's a 2011 Ranger XLT Super Cab 2wd with the 2.3L I4 and 5-speed manual trans in Dark Shadow Grey Metallic. XLT's come standard with keyless entry, cruise, tilt, power locks, power mirrors, and trailer tow. I also ordered the alloy wheels and tinted rear glass w/ slider. All Rangers now have RSC, side airbags, and 4-wheel disc brakes.

Anyways, it should be a very practical daily driver for me for many years to come. The 22/27 fuel economy will be a very welcome benefit with gas hitting $3.40/gallon locally! I'll try to get some pictures up later when I bring it home!

Edited by Sevensecondsuv

Congrats! How long have you waited from order to delivery?

It turned out that they were able to find the exact truck I wanted sitting on a dealer's lot in Michigan, so they just got that one for me. It took about 3 days.

Sounds about exactly like I'd order mine. Might be some indecision about the color, but the DSG would be top 3 if not the winner. If it's anything like my new Ford experiences, the EPA numbers are low once they get 20-30k on them.

Yes, from what I've heard from owners of the new 2.3L Rangers, 30 on the highway is not uncommon :happy feet: The DSG was my second color pick, behind Vista Blue. The problem was that they couldn't find one in Vista Blue on a dealer's lot, so it would have had to been ordered. Ordering would have caused me to lose $1000 in expiring incentives. The Vista Blue wasn't worth $1000 to me, so Dark Shadow Grey it is!

It got dark and started snowing again after I brought it home, so hopefully I can get some pictures later.

Edited by Sevensecondsuv

I see the new 2.3 is rated 143HP. That's only about 3 HP less than my Lima 2.3 Turbo was 28 years ago. Engine design has come a long way.

Yeah, I had a turbo Lima in my last Ranger. Mine was out of a Turbo Coupe, which ran 190 HP at 15 PSI from the factory. I had mine suped up a "bit" - a dual-plug head that flowed 65% over stock, front mount intercooler, stainless turbo header, 3" straight-thru exhaust, boost cranked up closer to 20 PSI, and fuel pressure cranked up about 7 psi to get it to run without going lean. I think it was probably pretty close to 300 HP. That thing sure would snap your neck hitting full boost in 2nd gear. The new truck is much slower, but still plenty of power for anything I'll do with it. The thought of turbo'ing the new Ranger crossed my mind and then was immediately shot down by my wife :doh: It sure would be easy to do with one of the turbo kits for a 2.3L Focus...