What the hell is going on at Saline???????

lackanookey

was told that this sat is cancelled at MAP, and only running a small number of cars per shift, 4-6 hours all week. they can take that Ford sign at saline and stick it up the plant managers ass, theres alot of money being lost here at MAP

Sheldon's plant manager is at saline trying to help them get their shit together so we all can start working some ot.

Sheldon's plant manager is at saline trying to help them get their shit together so we all can start working some ot.

All of Salines launch problems have been solved. Tom K just announced that Duane Cumpher and Lou Ellis are coming back to handle this launch

MAP is down to 4 hours a day because Saline cannot make IP's!! What is the problem at Saline??

The UAW people at Saline are not to blame for this launch. They are being forced to work 7 days 12 hours for 90 straight days and are doing their best. The management at Saline is blaming Ford for their changes, but the truth of the matter is the management at Saline is subpar to say the least. If they applied the same energy to the Focus line that they do to swearing at employees or disregarding the contract this would be a successful launch, but as things are we are screwed.
  • Like 1

They are being forced to work 7 days 12 hours for 90 straight days

You can't be forced to work those hours. Mandatory is only 9 hours a day, two Saturdays on one off, and unless they put the plant on the "critical" list, you cannot be forced to work on Sunday.

You can't be forced to work those hours. Mandatory is only 9 hours a day, two Saturdays on one off, and unless they put the plant on the "critical" list, you cannot be forced to work on Sunday.

They are on critical or launch whatever they are calling it now. I have worked seven twelves voluntarily and hated it after a while I cannot imagine being forced to work it for 90 straight days

They are on critical or launch whatever they are calling it now. I have worked seven twelves voluntarily and hated it after a while I cannot imagine being forced to work it for 90 straight days

Sounds like they need to hire another shift and work 3 8's. You can only put a plant on critical for so long. IIRC, it's like 3 to 6 months. They only put us on it once at Monroe that I remember and it doesn't last long.

• Like 1

The UAW people at Saline are not to blame for this launch. They are being forced to work 7 days 12 hours for 90 straight days and are doing their best. The management at Saline is blaming Ford for their changes, but the truth of the matter is the management at Saline is subpar to say the least. If they applied the same energy to the Focus line that they do to swearing at employees or disregarding the contract this would be a successful launch, but as things are we are screwed.

WOW!!! 7 12's and they can only make 400 parts a day, 200 for days and 200 for afternoons?????????????? What will happen when MAP is fed with having to shut the line down every single day after only 4 hours??????

• Like 1