Focus ST, when?

msudawginmd

At the Chicago Auto Show the spokes folks said the ST would be available in the 1st quarter of 2012, with a six speed manual only. In teh new SVT magazine they had a nice write up and also used the first quarter 2012 time frame. In the latest Car and Driver they reported availability in the 4th quarter 2011 and that both a six speed manual and 6-speed PowerShift automatic with SelectShift manual control (Ford's dual clutch transmisison).

I've got a 2000 SVT Contour I'm looking to replace so I'll be watching the Focus ST closely.

Edited by Olathe

• 4 weeks later...

I would guess that the Focus ST will be available spring 2012, but perhaps summer 2012 if Ford is busy producing the C-Max and Vertrek.

I could be mistaken but my understanding is that the Focus ST is planned for production at the Wayne Assembly Plant which is being retooled as the 2nd plant for Fucus production. I'd expect production at the plant to start no later than next January with the model mix to be at least partially determined by demand in reference to gas prices at the time. From what we're seeing so far, Mullaly's plan for more fuel efficient car production is right on track with changes we're seeing in the Market!

I have a '03 Focus SVT ZX5 with 115K miles, and I'm interested in the new ST. I'm hopeful that Ford will be able to hold the price back, but I expect a Focus ST to go for ~28K minimum, which is a problem since my SVT was less than 20K sticker, and included a lot of nice equipment. The Mazdaspeed 3 is offered for 24K, If Ford can't keep the price close to that point, they may not sell very well.

I have a '03 Focus SVT ZX5 with 115K miles, and I'm interested in the new ST. I'm hopeful that Ford will be able to hold the price back, but I expect a Focus ST to go for ~28K minimum, which is a problem since my SVT was less than 20K sticker, and included a lot of nice equipment. The Mazdaspeed 3 is offered for 24K, If Ford can't keep the price close to that point, they may not sell very well.

it'll depend imho on how much/many doodads are included in the base ST

hopefully they'll do 2 trims

roughly equal to an SE+(super)Sport Pkg and a Titanium = 24k & 27k before options

Let the 350hp 2.7v6EB Lincoln RS handle the plasma-hot hatch market