SLAP-is it done or will it rise from the ashes like the Phoenix

oldasdirt

Talkin to a politician in "DA KNOW!!" and he/she tells me that a package sent to Detroit is being considered and is sounding like FOMOCO will accept it.

A brief outline as to what will happen to SLAP;

SLAP will be idled in March of '06

At that time final details of land aquisition will be made public by the cities of Hazelwood and Bridgeton that 173 acres have been donated to FOMOCO in Bridgeton for a new assembly facility along with all infrastructure(and a bunch of tax breaks)

A new assembly plant will be built there and will produce a new SUV based on the new F-100 series truck to replace the current Explorer/Mountaineer line.

The former assembly plant will be demolished and rebuilt as a stamping facility and will provide the sheet metal for it.

Talkin to a politician in "DA KNOW!!" and he/she tells me that a package sent to Detroit is being considered and is sounding like FOMOCO will accept it.

At that time final details of land aquisition will be made public by the cities of Hazelwood and Bridgeton that 173 acres have been donated to FOMOCO in Bridgeton for a new assembly facility along with all infrastructure(and a bunch of tax breaks)

A new assembly plant will be built there and will produce a new SUV based on the new F-100 series truck to replace the current Explorer/Mountaineer line.

The former assembly plant will be demolished and rebuilt as a stamping facility and will provide the sheet metal for it.

And I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale,if you're interested.Rumor has it :rolleyes: Ford wants to bring back the Edsel and build it there. :rolleyes:

Replace the current Explorer/Mountaineer line? Dear god, it's on a new platform! Why would they replace it? And, has anyone heard anything about the F-100? Speculation, spy pics, artist rendering?

IMO, it sounds too good to be true. If Ford is in such dire straits, how can they justify to it's shareholders building totally new assembly plant.

First

the Explorer/Mountaineer is NOT a new platform just an updated frame using the geometry from the Aviator.

Second

The state of MO and DCX just announcend a $1+BILLION agreement where most of those $$$ are coming from state and local coffers to keep and expand here

The packages are mostly the same except for the new building part which I understand 65% will be picked up by the state and 10% by the locals and the remaining 25% by Ford

tooling will be bought by the state and leased to FOMOCO

First

the Explorer/Mountaineer is NOT a new platform just an updated frame using the geometry from the Aviator.

Second

The state of MO and DCX just announcend a $1+BILLION agreement where most of those $$$ are coming from state and local coffers to keep and expand here

The packages are mostly the same except for the new building part which I understand 65% will be picked up by the state and 10% by the locals and the remaining 25% by Ford

tooling will be bought by the state and leased to FOMOCO

1)Why would Ford LAP not get the next generation Explorer/Mountaineer?

2)Good news for St. Louis area DCX workers.Has no effect on Ford SLAP workers.Unless you are reading something else in to the anouncement ?

Edited by Stone Cold

I hear slap will be idled by march

but have not heard about any new platform, I hope it's true for slap

but the bean counters and stock market have this vision ford put in their head of slap closing .

and that is hard to fight

What do you hope for LAP?I assume you work there or mabe KTP. :mellow:

First; there is no such vehicle as the F-100 and there will never be. Second; the site where SLAP is now will be demolished and sold. All 161 acres of it. This is what I heard from others in the area down there.

I was waiting for you to come in here and smash on peoples hopes and dreams. You dick. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Story might be slightly plausible IF it only involved tax breaks and keeping the exisiting plant open. FoMoCo won't be doing much investing in new facility construction in the US any time in the forseeable future. BTW, the F-100 was the predecessor to the F-150, hasn't been built in decades.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jackass? Like I said before: Welcome to the World of Reality. The American Automotive Business is a CRUEL one. Is your plant closing??? YOU ASSHOLE!

Better than being the whole ass I guess. Why sir do you down SLAP so much when it was at one time your home? Reality does suck and so do you!

Better than being the whole ass I guess. Why sir do you down SLAP so much when it was at one time your home? Reality does suck and so do you!

Y2k needs to chill, Slap is not dead yet. Heard some version of oldasdirts story, and beleive ford would sell its mother to get a bump in it's stock price. they dont care who helps (state) as long as they get the help. Laps only help is Getthefinger, and ford has him bent over the barrel, and fearing the pain. slap could go idle then re-tool if needed after 07. If not hopefully one of the ten plants(forget Mexico) can be saved.

I dont like to see people loosing their jobs. Starting over is really tough now a days. Even worse if you are over 50 like myself. I hope SLAP does get saved but it does not look like it will happen. Many, many union brothers and sisters will be getting the bad news this coming January 2006. NOBODY IS SAFE.

Y2k needs to chill, Slap is not dead yet. Heard some version of oldasdirts story, and beleive ford would sell its mother to get a bump in it's stock price. they dont care who helps (state) as long as they get the help. Laps only help is Getthefinger, and ford has him bent over the barrel, and fearing the pain. slap could go idle then re-tool if needed after 07. If not hopefully one of the ten plants(forget Mexico) can be saved.

Say what you want,but don't be putting down LAP and saying their only help is Gettlefinger.Ford Motor Company couldn't give a rats ass about what plant Gettlefinger is from.If they want to shut the doors on LAP they will.LAP has an excellent reputation,builds quality products and has long been one of Ford Motor Companys' top assembly plants.Also it's more central located to most of the suppliers than SLAP.

Don't you guys think most,if not all, of the Ford plants mentioned for possible closure,have plenty of local and state governments thowing lots of money,tax breaks and other incentives, at Ford to save their local plants? If you don't you better wake up and smell the coffee!Bottom line Ford is going to do what is best for Ford Motor Company and their future.

All of us will find out on Jan.23 what our futures at Ford are going to be.No need to be taking shots at each other and each other plants.

Edited by Stone Cold

Say what you want,but don't be putting down LAP and saying their only help is Gettlefinger.Ford Motor Company couldn't give a rats ass about what plant Gettlefinger is from.If they want to shut the doors on LAP they will.LAP has an excellent reputation,builds quality products and has long been one of Ford Motor Companys' top assembly plants.Also it's more central located to most of the suppliers than SLAP.

Don't you guys think most,if not all, of the Ford plants mentioned for possible closure,have plenty of local and state governments thowing lots of money,tax breaks and other incentives, at Ford to save their local plants? If you don't you better wake up and smell the coffee!Bottom line Ford is going to do what is best for Ford Motor Company and their future.

All of us will find out on Jan.23 what our futures at Ford are going to be.No need to be taking shots at each other and each other plants.

Breath my brother no one is putting down Lap. Just pointing out that like slap , lap is old, builds a vechicle no one is buying(I think it is the best Explorer that we have ever built), and there is a lot of room at Ktp.I would never wish bad things on anyone, bad carma. the fact that Ron G. is from Lap is good for you and you should know that. Had he been from Slap things could be different, but there not and all ford people need to stick together. I want you guys to kick ass and launch the sport track with J.D power best vehicle awards, and show everyone that Ford people build Quality. God Luck.. Oh yeah born and raised south side of louisville, go cards.

Breath my brother no one is putting down Lap. Just pointing out that like slap , lap is old, builds a vechicle no one is buying(I think it is the best Explorer that we have ever built), and there is a lot of room at Ktp.I would never wish bad things on anyone, bad carma. the fact that Ron G. is from Lap is good for you and you should know that. Had he been from Slap things could be different, but there not and all ford people need to stick together. I want you guys to kick ass and launch the sport track with J.D power best vehicle awards, and show everyone that Ford people build Quality. God Luck.. Oh yeah born and raised south side of louisville, go cards.

No hard feelings brother. I guess we are all a little on edge,with good reason.I only wish the best for my union brothers and sisters.I would love to see you guys get another product.I wish SLAP was building the Fusion.I would feel a lot better about the Fusion,and what Ford Motor Company has riding on it's success,if you guys(SLAP) were building it.I will agree that Ron Gettlefinger being from LAP probaly doesn't hurt us,but I'm not convinced it helps us that much either.When he was elected president,I commented to a couple of guys on our bargaining committee that he would surely look out for his home plant.But they quickly replied don't be to sure,Ron's not like that.Oh well who knows.

What part of Louisville's southend are you from?I guess you know we(Cards) got a little game in Lexington this Saturday afternoon.Look for the Cards to kick some Wildcat bootie.Go CARDS !!! :D :D :D

Three things that are in SLAP's favor(besides the money)

Quality

Absenteeism

Productivity

Those 3 things are what detroit are lookin at real hard

Our Quality is unmatched-the biggest Q problems are vendor related(no it's not the vendors fault,it is the bean counters wantin more for less from them)

Our absentee rate is one of the lowest in Ford

Our productivity is unsurpassed-even by the Japs

Well It did'nt take this info long to circulate through chassis. Seems to be the talk all over the plant. I sure hope your right. been there to long to leave but not long enough to retire. I have to admitt at least it's nice to here something positive rather then all the doom and gloom that seems to always be blowing around the plant, even if it is uncomfirmed. Thanks

No hard feelings brother. I guess we are all a little on edge,with good reason.I only wish the best for my union brothers and sisters.I would love to see you guys get another product.I wish SLAP was building the Fusion.I would feel a lot better about the Fusion,and what Ford Motor Company has riding on it's success,if you guys(SLAP) were building it.I will agree that Ron Gettlefinger being from LAP probaly doesn't hurt us,but I'm not convinced it helps us that much either.When he was elected president,I commented to a couple of guys on our bargaining committee that he would surely look out for his home plant.But they quickly replied don't be to sure,Ron's not like that.Oh well who knows.

What part of Louisville's southend are you from?I guess you know we(Cards) got a little game in Lexington this Saturday afternoon.Look for the Cards to kick some Wildcat bootie.Go CARDS !!! :D :D :D

Love the in state game half my family roots for Blue,the others Red.Have to give it to the cards this year,Rick has a hell of a team hope to see them in March.Was raised over by Churchill Downs, use to park cars in the back yard and head for the in-field.Man derby week is a great time. Buried my G-mom yast year, and have not been back to Louisville since.Wish you guys the best..Good luck with the Sport-Track

Three things that are in SLAP's favor(besides the money)

Quality

Absenteeism

Productivity

Those 3 things are what detroit are lookin at real hard

Our Quality is unmatched-the biggest Q problems are vendor related(no it's not the vendors fault,it is the bean counters wantin more for less from them)

Our absentee rate is one of the lowest in Ford

Our productivity is unsurpassed-even by the Japs

I wish the best for slap

but their is already a biddin war at corprate about slap tooling.

I would like to see ford get smart keep all it's plants,make them all flex plants and truly compete with the small run but very popular vehicles that a 1 line plant cannot live on.