Power liftgate height adjustable?

joyride

I have the same issue a low garage ceiling and lower garage doors when they are open. I am able to open the rear liftgate with the garage door open (the car is pulled in - not backed in). My garage is so small I have to have the garage door open to open the hatch because I have only a few inches from my back bumper to the garage door when the door is shut - not enough room for the arc necessary to open the hatch.

While outside and clear - open the back hatch and you'll see that it only raises 5 to 6 inches higher than the roof of the car. So if you have that clearance from the roof to the ceiling, you'd be fine. Take it off the power lift and manually open it when checking for clearance the first time and you'll be fine.

Edited by midwestbiker

I have the same issue a low garage ceiling and lower garage doors when they are open. I am able to open the rear liftgate with the garage door open (the car is pulled in - not backed in). My garage is so small I have to have the garage door open to open the hatch because I have only a few inches from my back bumper to the garage door when the door is shut - not enough room for the arc necessary to open the hatch.

While outside and clear - open the back hatch and you'll see that it only raises 5 to 6 inches higher than the roof of the car. So if you have that clearance from the roof to the ceiling, you'd be fine. Take it off the power lift and manually open it when checking for clearance the first time and you'll be fine.

I went to pick up my Edge today and asked the dealer, they don't know the answer. You did provide a good idea to check it, I will try that.

• 10 months later...

idk about the edge, it works this way on the explorer, but its worth a shot.

open the liftgate to where you want it to stop at. press and hold the liftgate button in the back until it beeps. that means it is set to only open that high.

hope it works.

Unfortunately, that method does not work on the Edge. Tried it on my friend's 2012 Sport and all it did was make the liftgate close. Worth a try though!