Return Of the Rabitt

Biker16

The good thing is VW finally realized they are not a luxury brand at all. Bad thing is cars the same size as the Jett-abbit [Civic/Corolla] get 30 mpg city, which is demanded in the C class now.

VW was sick to think that they could get away from being the People's car brand image. They abandoned the traditional customer base with overpriced and technically expensive Passats, Phaetons and Touregs that competed internally with Audi. VW also promised to build a lot of things they never did, particularly the modern Microbus. VW also missed the boat with family haulers. They never did figure out the minivan or SUV market.

The only thing that VW proved is that they could build expensive overpriced unreliable junk that required numerous warranty repairs leaving a bitter taste in consumers mouths. Getting back to the affordable small car base was what they needed.

Isn't the Focus powertrain that long also? And it gets 5 more MPG, wich is way, way more impartant these days than stupid HS boy racer penis [HP/TQ] measuring contests.

what if it it came with the 2.0 I4? and matched the cometition in economy?

I will admit I won't buy it with out better MPG, but the fact that it is 15k for this quiet compfortable and safe car, is good.

BTW if MPG is soo important why does everyone want the panther with a 500hp V8?

what if it it came with the 2.0 I4? and matched the cometition in economy?

I will admit I won't buy it with out better MPG, but the fact that it is 15k for this quiet compfortable and safe car, is good.

BTW if MPG is soo important why does everyone want the panther with a 500hp V8?

BTW I don't think everyone is hooting for a 500hp Panther, 'cause I'm sure in the hell not. What does that have to do with anything anyhow? That's why some people around here own 2 cars.

Why is everyone so ho-hum about the Rabbit around here? Honestly, because it does nothing that the new Civic can. As dull as I find both cars, the Civic exceeds in its' efficency not to mention it is one of the safest small cars on the road today.

Why is everyone so ho-hum about the Rabbit around here? Honestly, because it does nothing that the new Civic can. As dull as I find both cars, the Civic exceeds in its' efficency not to mention it is one of the safest small cars on the road today.

The new Rabbit and Civic are some of the safest cars on the road for sure. Mostly because I'd never be found sitting in either one of them without disguising my appearance. Hard to get injured in a car if you don't ride in it. :hysterical:

You VW bashers amuse me.....

I have driven a 2.5L Jetta, a 2.0 DSG Jetta and a 3.6L Passat...they do not resemble the old VW's in fit. finish or level of trim & finish, they are vastly improved.

I bought my 2005 Focus ST for 18.2K out the door, because it was 9K cheaper than the Jetta GLI and its intended use was & is, a cheap throwaway commuter car.....my logic being that any $$ spent on a car to put a 100 miles/day is sunk cost anyway, why not limit my outlay...

I like my ST and it has all the options except side airbags...nice car for the money and enjoyable.

The Jetti GLI looked, felt and drove at least 9K better than the ST, it has a standard 4yr/50,000 mile warranty and the owners at the dealer had nothing but praise for their last 1-10 VW's.....

They are as loyal as Ford owners....they also get free loaner cars, all the time and their cars are washed whenever they are in the shop.....the Dealer in Boston whrer I was once Service Manager, (along with our Audi/Porsche dealer as well), still washes and vacuums my Mother's 1989 Fox wagon I bought her new....that presently has 152,000 miles with no failures....brakes, tires, oil and 1 tuneup since new and she still gets 33 mpg....

So quit your uniformed herd-like whining and go drive them, then go around to the back of the dealership and ask the people in Service what they think of their car, their service and overall satisfaction.....

Then go do this at Ford, Chevy etc and report back to me.........i bet no one should be surprised by the results.....people who like to complain will bitch, most will be happy and understand mechanical things break.....

I know ANTAUS hates VW's and that's fine...every Mfr makes some shit cars, I have owned at least 1 from all of them that fit that description, but the important thing is how well they handle the problem and strive to make the customer happy.

My Ford dealer here in Maitland has service as good as any I have ever had by any dealer, hence my repeated purchase of cars/trucks from them, and my continuing referrals and happiness with them.

We extended our GT500 order to next year on the advice of my dealer prinicipal, and have ordered a 2007 Sport Trac Limited V8 2WD, with every option in Dark Cherry with the 2 tone dark leather a week ago.

I'm told it is on Material hold for the Reverse Sensing System, all else is go and we should have it in about 4-6 weeks. I am selling/trading the 2002 Grand Marquis Ultimate and the 2003 Acura RSX-S type to skinny the fleet somewhat and going back to 1 truck, 1 car, (Focus ST), and the 2002 GT Vert....plus I am replacing my 2003 Z71 suburban in Boston with an 07 LTZ Suburban before Sept when we get up there, then I'm done for a while I hope.........(although buying cars is lots of fun...!!!)

I would buy a new VW GTI, or GLI in a heartbeat if I had a normal commute, most owners claim they routinely exceed the window sticker mileage which was my experience with the many VW's I have owned.

Bottom line is most new cars are really good, but VW, Ford and Volvo seem to have very loyal owners...

I'm sure Mercedes and Lexus do too, they just don't appeal to me, maybe when I get really old they will....

Seriously guys, keep an open mind and go drive something you would not normally even consider....it is enlightening...and ffun as well.... :bandance: