UAW workers at MAP boo Gov. Snyder during Focus celebration

What he should of said was I want to thanks President Obama because without his support and insight you guys would not be here today, you would be standing in the unemployment line. The Union becoming one again and I for one is really proud to be a UAW member. The wrath is coming and the Republicants are getting scared>>>

• Like 6

The wrath is coming and the Republicants are getting scared>>>

No, we're not. Trust me on this.

However, keep jabbering on. The more people like you talk, the better chance of having both the Senate and the Congress under Republican rule in two years.

Say parts, I mean Die, are you ever going to comment on your wrongful prediction of the mid term elections back in November?

• Like 6

However, keep jabbering on. The more people like you talk, the better chance of having both the Senate and the Congress under Republican rule in two years.

Say parts, I mean Die, are you ever going to comment on your wrongful prediction of the mid term elections back in November?

Your Canadian so don't worry about, you can't vote, so your opinions are worthless.

• Like 7

This guy sounds like a Republican. Everyone knows that you can't win a a discussion with a Republican. They just keep talking and talking until no one can get a word in. But I am so proud of MAP. We should all stand in solidarity against the Union busting, taxing the pensions, and taking over local government.

• Like 11

"Republican Rule".... well said shows a true republican mentality ....Can't wait for the 2012 elections Synder goes a packin

• Like 5

"Republican Rule".... well said shows a true republican mentality ....Can't wait for the 2012 elections Synder goes a packin

How can Snyder be sent packing in 2012 when he is serving a 4 year term that just started in Jan?? Get used to him and the republican controled house and senate in this state for a while. Just because Unions are up in arms over Repubs doesnt mean the MAJORITY of Americans also are......Read a few Polls

Edited by DTP Nick
  • Like 5

How can Snyder be sent packing in 2012 when he is serving a 4 year term that just started in Jan?? Get used to him and the republican controled house and senate in this state for a while. Just because Unions are up in arms over Repubs doesnt mean the MAJORITY of Americans also are......Read a few Polls

The booing yesterday was an embarrassment to us all.

1.The people doing the booing would not even have jobs if Ford did not get those tax breaks and incentives. One day the uaw is protesting giving tax breaks to corps. the next they are standing in a celebration that would NOT have taken place if those tax breaks did not happen. What way do you want it?

2. The uaw is protesting that Snyder wants to stop the tax breaks for the movie industry,(They should be left in place) Hate to break it to you but the movie industry are part of those mega rich corps. that the uaw hates so much. The uaw says don't stop the tax breaks because it will cause job loss,(I agree) but then they argue that lower taxes for rich corps. does not create jobs! What way do you want it?

3. The 911 is put out for everyone to protest in Wis. even spends my dues puttin everyone in red t shirts because of the wrongs going on there. When will we be going to Maryland? The Dem. gov. is doing the SAME THING there! If it's wrong it's wrong everywhere! It's that type of thing that makes unions look bad.

4. UAW protesting emergency manager Snyder wants for bankrupt cities......Granholm(D) did that for det. public schools. I guess we should let our cities, schools go bankrupt just to protect corrupt politicians, Quame gets a free pass because he has a (D) after his name?

5. UAW says we have to hold those leaders feet to the fire! Candidate Obama said "if any one tried to deminish the collective bargaining rights of workers he would change shoes and hit the pavement with us" WHERE THE HELL WAS HE? He is a LIAR but that's ok...why it's that (D) behind his name. F.Y.I. it was Carter(D) who took bargaining right away from Federal workers. Our union didn't tell us that did they. Wasn't it OBAMA who took the Right to Strike for wages away from gm and cry? That kind of deminished their rights didn't it? The whole issue in Wis could have been stopped if the public unions did not contribute to candidates with (D) behind there names. Don't do it all or do it 50-50 D and R problem solved.

6. So when did dems become opposed to taxes? they love taxes! that is unless there is a ® involved. I do not agree with taxing ALL pensions there should be an income trigger. There are some rich people who make more off a pension than they ever did working. I OPPOSE any one paying more taxes. We all should pay less taxes and cut spending! But if we tax money then we tax all money over a certain amount. That is the kind of compromise that is necessary to fix problems.

7. I do not want my uaw to be sittin in the same boat with the teachers unions period! Obama said earlier this week that the schools need to be fixed. ONLY 20% of our kids are passing test standards. 80% failing! If we only put out good product 2 times out of 10 or 20 cars out of 100 who the hell would be marching and protesting for us? WE WOULD BE FIRED! I strongly question Kings decision making on this issue. If we want to turn schools around PRIVATIZE all schools. The Gov. gives each student 8,000, sets the standards and regulates the hell out of the schools,(DEMS LIKE THAT) and let parents shop schools just like they do for cars. The schools should be run like a business. the good ones succeed and the bad ones are put out of business period. ANYTHING that the gov. runs does not succeed. The best part is the teachers could still be union.....not gov.they would be private ..we can organize them in the uaw...utw. that's a win win for us..more members..better teachers! That is what the uaw should be striving for..not enabling bad teachers who drive foreign cars, putting out bad product year after year, decade after decade.

I support my union...they get my dues every month. I will be active in my union when the "equality" they like to talk about reaches me. When I am not FORCED to pay my dues to a party I do not support. If you really want to get rid of the threat of a right to work state in Mich. DEVIDE those dues 50-50 dem and repub. I promise that issue will go away. King won't tell you that but I will.

Excuse any spelling errors I might have made, I went to gov'nt run schools.

Edited by TANGO4224
  • Like 9

The booing yesterday was an embarrassment to us all.

1.The people doing the booing would not even have jobs if Ford did not get those tax breaks and incentives. One day the uaw is protesting giving tax breaks to corps. the next they are standing in a celebration that would NOT have taken place if those tax breaks did not happen. What way do you want it?

2. The uaw is protesting that Snyder wants to stop the tax breaks for the movie industry,(They should be left in place) Hate to break it to you but the movie industry are part of those mega rich corps. that the uaw hates so much. The uaw says don't stop the tax breaks because it will cause job loss,(I agree) but then they argue that lower taxes for rich corps. does not create jobs! What way do you want it?

3. The 911 is put out for everyone to protest in Wis. even spends my dues puttin everyone in red t shirts because of the wrongs going on there. When will we be going to Maryland? The Dem. gov. is doing the SAME THING there! If it's wrong it's wrong everywhere! It's that type of thing that makes unions look bad.

4. UAW protesting emergency manager Snyder wants for bankrupt cities......Granholm(D) did that for det. public schools. I guess we should let our cities, schools go bankrupt just to protect corrupt politicians, Quame gets a free pass because he has a (D) after his name?

5. UAW says we have to hold those leaders feet to the fire! Candidate Obama said "if any one tried to deminish the collective bargaining rights of workers he would change shoes and hit the pavement with us" WHERE THE HELL WAS HE? He is a LIAR but that's ok...why it's that (D) behind his name. F.Y.I. it was Carter(D) who took bargaining right away from Federal workers. Our union didn't tell us that did they. Wasn't it OBAMA who took the Right to Strike for wages away from gm and cry? That kind of deminished their rights didn't it? The whole issue in Wis could have been stopped if the public unions did not contribute to candidates with (D) behind there names. Don't do it all or do it 50-50 D and R problem solved.

6. So when did dems become opposed to taxes? they love taxes! that is unless there is a ® involved. I do not agree with taxing ALL pensions there should be an income trigger. There are some rich people who make more off a pension than they ever did working. I OPPOSE any one paying more taxes. We all should pay less taxes and cut spending! But if we tax money then we tax all money over a certain amount. That is the kind of compromise that is necessary to fix problems.

7. I do not want my uaw to be sittin in the same boat with the teachers unions period! Obama said earlier this week that the schools need to be fixed. ONLY 20% of our kids are passing test standards. 80% failing! If we only put out good product 2 times out of 10 or 20 cars out of 100 who the hell would be marching and protesting for us? WE WOULD BE FIRED! I strongly question Kings decision making on this issue. If we want to turn schools around PRIVATIZE all schools. The Gov. gives each student 8,000, sets the standards and regulates the hell out of the schools,(DEMS LIKE THAT) and let parents shop schools just like they do for cars. The schools should be run like a business. the good ones succeed and the bad ones are put out of business period. ANYTHING that the gov. runs does not succeed. The best part is the teachers could still be union.....not gov.they would be private ..we can organize them in the uaw...utw. that's a win win for us..more members..better teachers! That is what the uaw should be striving for..not enabling bad teachers who drive foreign cars, putting out bad product year after year, decade after decade.

I support my union...they get my dues every month. I will be active in my union when the "equality" they like to talk about reaches me. When I am not FORCED to pay my dues to a party I do not support. If you really want to get rid of the threat of a right to work state in Mich. DEVIDE those dues 50-50 dem and repub. I promise that issue will go away. King won't tell you that but I will.

Excuse any spelling errors I might have made, I went to gov'nt run schools.

Great post..Thank you for pointing out the many ways our union is hypocritical....This is why the average Joe who works on the assembly line needs to educate themselves politically and STOP swallowing all the bullshit political rhetoric they arew fed by the Union. Its almost ridiculous the spins they put on certain issues and candidates they try to get us to vote for. I had one Union mouthpiece tell me 2 days before the election that Virg bernero was way ahead of Snyder in the polls and that Republicans were behind all the polls that said otherwise..HMMMMMMMM?? Was that just propoganda??LOL

• Like 4

Great post..Thank you for pointing out the many ways our union is hypocritical....This is why the average Joe who works on the assembly line needs to educate themselves politically and STOP swallowing all the bullshit political rhetoric they arew fed by the Union. Its almost ridiculous the spins they put on certain issues and candidates they try to get us to vote for. I had one Union mouthpiece tell me 2 days before the election that Virg bernero was way ahead of Snyder in the polls and that Republicans were behind all the polls that said otherwise..HMMMMMMMM?? Was that just propoganda??LOL

I invite any one that visits these sights to list ALL the things Dems. have done for our union. Go back to Carter we know that he took Federal workers bargaining rights away. The reason was because they did contribute to one political party! Would be corrupt to bargain with the one you put in office. And then there was Clinton..one word NAFTA. both Pres. had a term with Dem majority in house and senate. The Dems have had control for several years since the 70"s So Please tell me what they have done. Don't tell me what they tell you to believe---the repubs will do this or they will do that---Make a list on this sight of all the things they have done to benefit us. Give me cold hard facts. Don't tell me what they said they were gunna do. I cannot believe that some of our members have been blinded by the Dems. Pull off your blinders---The Dems don't work for any unions---------All the unions work for the Dems!

Edited by TANGO4224
  • Like 8

I invite any one that visits these sights to list ALL the things Dems. have done for our union. Go back to Carter we know that he took Federal workers bargaining rights away. The reason was because they did contribute to one political party! Would be corrupt to bargain with the one you put in office. And then there was Clinton..one word NAFTA. both Pres. had a term with Dem majority in house and senate. The Dems have had control for several years since the 70"s So Please tell me what they have done. Don't tell me what they tell you to believe---the repubs will do this or they will do that---Make a list on this sight of all the things they have done to benefit us. Give me cold hard facts. Don't tell me what they said they were gunna do. I cannot believe that some of our members have been blinded by the Dems. Pull off your blinders---The Dems don't work for any unions---------All the unions work for the Dems!

repukes put NAFTA Thur all Clinton did was sign it into law ...[.in his first month in office,]

• Like 5

Some posters here need to peel the scabs from their eyes.

Any autoworker that votes Republican is voting against his sisters and brothers.

If you'd like to go back to the days before unions just keep letting your owners fool you into voting for their tools.

These know-nothing/Tea party types are even worse. They want to destroy our Industry.

There is no Republican out there who gives unionized people or any working people more than lip-service before voting to take away our rights.

Republicans and their supporters are Scabs who wish to destroy the UAW and all unions.

• Like 8

Amazingly to all you republicans, the Democrats have reduced the deficit each and everytime they held office as president since 1945. Each Republican INCREASED the debt with the exception of Nixon. I'd say the Democrats are not the spenders you folks want everyone to believe... Info is out of Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_by_U.S._presidential_terms

Document1.pdf

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 4

Any autoworker that votes Republican is voting against his sisters and brothers.

If you'd like to go back to the days before unions just keep letting your owners fool you into voting for their tools.

These know-nothing/Tea party types are even worse. They want to destroy our Industry.

There is no Republican out there who gives unionized people or any working people more than lip-service before voting to take away our rights.

Republicans and their supporters are Scabs who wish to destroy the UAW and all unions.

Very well expressed.

• Like 6

If you don't like the union, give back your profit sharing check and get a job at Walmart!!We are getting tired of the bullshit that you are throwing around!

• Like 6

If you don't like the union, give back your profit sharing check and get a job at Walmart!!We are getting tired of the bullshit that you are throwing around!

Out of curiosity exactly how much did the union kick in our profit sharing checks? I thought profit sharing was earned by each employees work the prior year and paid BY THE COMPANY.

The union did deduct $61.07 from the check so that means I paid them and not the other way around.

• Like 3

Out of curiosity exactly how much did the union kick in our profit sharing checks? I thought profit sharing was earned by each employees work the prior year and paid BY THE COMPANY.

The union did deduct $61.07 from the check so that means I paid them and not the other way around.

good point. There have been five Dem. replies since I asked the question---Give me a list of what the Dems have done for the UAW going back to Carter? Again Carter taking Federal union rights and Clinton signing Nafta, both having control of both houses. Sounds pretty simple to me---Yet no answer! Come on aces, Die---I guess all you have to do to shut you two up is ask a direct question that deserves a direct answer. What the hell -----you come up with the deficit? you really don't want to go there do you? ADD every one of those on you little chart together and your man OBAMA single handed blows them all away. Now please go back, try again and give me the list of what the Dems have actually done for the UAW!

• Like 5

What I should have said was, if you don't like working at FMC, quit and go somewhere else. No one is forced to stay. Quit your bitching!!!

• Like 6

I can attest if Obama didn’t steer GM and Chrysler through a structured bankruptcy there would be huge wage cuts and many UAW retirees’ pensions would be worth pennies on the dollar.

If you read the book Overhauled everything was documented that Republicans wanted to abolish the union, cut wages down to right to work state levels, carve out the “Cadillac benefits” and sanitize all remaining contracts. The book also stated that the UAWs influence in the Democratic party steered the bankruptcies to become a “Union Friendly” bankruptcy as the Republicans wanted more pain to UAW members than what the Democrats’ would agree upon.

With the new Republican Governors attack on Unions it’s only a matter of time before the Republicans get to private sector representation.

Does anyone still believe the Republicans want us to prosper as a union?

Any union member that supports these jack booted thugs gets what they deserve.

Now I understand why the union is so political.

Republicans and business want the only opposition connected to a fair days work for a fair days pay out of their way.

Has anyone ever listed to Limbaugh of Fox news? They bang on unions as over paid, out of touch entities that have “entitlement” culture.

They blame the whole Bush economic meltdown on unions. A mere 9% of the entire working population.

Make no mistake…….. Republicans want our union gone as well as our $70 per hour jobs.

Thank God for the UAW

Lou

• Like 6

Great post! Why would you anti's want to be a part of something you disslike so much? Get out of the union if you feel that way because we certaintly won't miss you. Your nothing but a weak link. A plant.

• Like 5

Great post! Why would you anti's want to be a part of something you disslike so much? Get out of the union if you feel that way because we certaintly won't miss you. Your nothing but a weak link. A plant.

NOPE!!!! I think ill stay in The Union..and keep voting republican...Thanks for the advice though

• Like 4

I think ill keep my job at Ford...and my profit sharing check..and shop at Walmart.....and Ill keep my ideals and upbringing and keep voting how i want without UAW influence. See you at work

• Like 4