What's the issue with delivery?

I don't think it's appropriate to call anyone a spoiled brat if they have a resonable request of information when the situation is not typical (~2 months awaiting shipment in his case). Your hundreds of orders are normally not in this positon. I know people will adamantly defend Ford, and it's your right, but look at it from the customer side. We are not asking for granular specifics here. Once again, we are asking for the very basic foundation of customer service and communication.

BTW, in the utmost respect to you Dean. I enjoy your presence here on BOF.

sadly SVT my opinion has been fertilised over 20 plus years in the business, and my reaction to Ed unfortunately is thus based. I swear, I could plug my ears 99% of the time and if I could lip read all I would decipher would be the words ME ME ME , I, I, I , WANT WANT WANT, IMMEDIATELY, RIGHT NOW, HURRY UP, I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THIS, WHATS THE BEST PRICE, HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO TAKE, IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN DO, and finally...EXCUSE ME I HAVE TO ANSWER THIS TEXT/ CALL......its no wonder my skin is as thick as an Artic Wetsuit.....so if Ed takes offense to my response I apologize...but what he/ you are asking is impossible....its like wanting a car in a color thats not available....they could stop the whole assembley line for that one special vehicle...but there would be a MASSIVE upcharge that would have to be passed on.

Edited by Deanh

He is acting like a spoiled brat. He has this same post going on in about 4 different F-150 forums right now.

Spunkymonkey: Do what I did and just bug the daylights out of them. For about two weeks I was calling ever single day, as well as sending an email every single day. They kept replying to my emails saying "please allow two business days for a response", but I just kept sending an email and calling every day.

For whatever reason, when I reached the 10 week point, I told them that "I have been waiting for 10 weeks!" That seemed to trigger something....the next morning I got a message from the fella who is now sending me the daily email updates, telling me that my "case" had been elevated, that it had been assigned a case number, and that he would be contacting me weekly until the truck moved, and then daily once it started to move. That was last Friday, and lo and behold, my truck was loaded onto a train on Tuesday of this week.....imagine that!

I don't know if it was coincidence that the truck started moving so quickly after the case got "elevated", but that doesn't seem likely.

With the ETA listed in the latest email, it will be 3 months to the day from the date I ordered.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/2009-2011-f-150/444459-whats-hold-up-our-trucks-7.html

He is acting like a spoiled brat. He has this same post going on in about 4 different F-150 forums right now.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/2009-2011-f-150/444459-whats-hold-up-our-trucks-7.html

well, hes just trying to get answers and ignoring what is being said....specifically from people that deal with this for a living.....

Edited by Deanh

I've come back to this thread a number of times, and rather than stoop to the same level, I'll just say this:

It's obvious that the two individuals above have been on these forums for some time, and each has an huge number of posts. I would surmise that neither has a truck on order. I would also think that rather than flaming people for genuine customer concerns, they would use their experience to offer something constructive and helpful. Both portray what I have come to view as a typical "Union Attitude".....that being a sense of superiority and entitlement. If these forums are suppose to be a "Ford cheering section only" then maybe that should be clearly stated on the sign-up page.

Your truck is in Indiana now - where it will switch to a train to take it to you out west. Your dealership could have contacted Brad and you would not have had to wage a war on the internet.

Enjoy the Golden Bronze color, it is very sharp.

No one is ever going to be happy having to wait for their new vehicle, but it does not change the fact that Ford could be doing a better job of treating their prized customers who believe so much in the company that they pre-order a new car unseen and untested! The people that pre-order new cars are also providing the company with the best word of mouth advertising as well!!!

I understand everyone is anxious to get their vehicle.................. I truly do. I have ordered a vehicle in the past (a 2001 Lightning ordered on Nov 30, 2000 and picked up on April 6th 2001), so I understand delays.

Also, I am in no way affiliated with a dealership, or FMC.

The question I have to ask is, how many people do you propose that Ford hires, to follow vehicles around and take notes?? How many thousands of people should they pay, and give benefits to, to do this task?? I understand that this is the computerized age........................... however, that means nothing when your vehicle is one of thousands sitting on a lot due to a miriad of parts issues, or minor fit/finish problems. Thus, how many people should follow vehicles around, keeping up with their every move or issue.

Monday: Widget shortage. Does not impact production, put in holding lot.

Tues: Widget still not in. Supplier problem. Found scratched moldings.

Wed: Widget issue still exists. Hold-up on molding from supplier.

Thurs: Widget still not here. Molding in and replaced. Poor fitment of doohickey noted.

Friday: Widget supposed to be rushed, but not received. Fitting team looking at doohickeys.

Saturday: Widgets received by Sat. delivery. Out of speck. Start over. Fitting team getting with engineers about doohickey fitment issue.

Monday: Widget supplier insists widgets are in speck. Engineering brought in. Doohickeys found to not be made to speck. Get with doohickey supplier.

Tues: Widget supplier refuses to ship new widgets till paid for, but will not refund for defective ones. Upper management brought in.

Wed: Doohickey supplier has shortage of material for new doohickeys. Hold continues.

Thurs: Paid widget supplier to get new product, upper management will deal with refund.

Friday: Widgets arrive by next day air. Specked correctly. Installs will begin.

Saturday: Widget installations continue. Should be to this truck soon. Doohickey issue still exists.

Monday thru whenever: Continue with the above

Think I am being unrealistic?? On a new launch?? I don't think so at all. Remember those thousands of parts from hundreds of suppliers. If the above is what you expect, then be prepared to pay for it. It really is that simple. If you think that type of detail is fast and easy, multiply it by thousands and thousands of vehicles. Oh, you just want a general idea of what is the hold up?? I say BS. You wouldn't be happy if they gave you the phone number of the owner of the company who supplies the widget that is holding up your vehicle, because they will not give you the answer you are looking for.

Is too little information good............................... sometimes it is the only way to operate.

Is too much information good................................ not if it scares people who don't understand the complexities of vehicle manufacturing.

How do you decide what is too much, and what is too little.................................. you can't. You will never make some happy no matter what. So, you err on the side of too little, realizing that everyone is not willing to pay for the alternative.

In other words, some expect to much. It is life.

The question I have to ask is, how many people do you propose that Ford hires, to follow vehicles around and take notes?? How many thousands of people should they pay, and give benefits to, to do this task?? I understand that this is the computerized age........................... however, that means nothing when your vehicle is one of thousands sitting on a lot due to a miriad of parts issues, or minor fit/finish problems. Thus, how many people should follow vehicles around, keeping up with their every move or issue.

Frankly, I'd be surprised if Ford doesn't already have a computerized system tracking every part in every vehicle. RFIDs and automatic readers, and the whole system should be automated. I mean, they record the torque applied to every single screw on the vehicle!

Come to think of it, that would be an interesting little report to attach the vehicle... or maybe it's better to not know.

Edited by Noah Harbinger

I think the issue is the amount of ERP & CRM interfacing that would have to be done to make that info available to CSRs.

Honestly, is there a valid business case for spending millions interfacing the dozens of systems involved in the assembly and delivery process? Especially when delivery issues occur during a small fraction of all deliveries.

I think the issue is the amount of ERP & CRM interfacing that would have to be done to make that info available to CSRs.

Honestly, is there a valid business case for spending millions interfacing the dozens of systems involved in the assembly and delivery process? Especially when delivery issues occur during a small fraction of all deliveries.

Oh I absolutely agree that it should be pretty low on the priority list. I'm just saying I'd be surprised if they're not already collecting the necessary data internally, using automated mechanisms, to evaluate their own efficiencies/effectiveness.

Frankly, I'd be surprised if Ford doesn't already have a computerized system tracking every part in every vehicle.

I had an engineer come out and talk to me on my line. He told me that a 6.5' bed made it to the dealer with some separation between the headboard and the bottom of the bed. Somehow the weld controller got a weld complete signal and it made it to the customer. He wanted to know what cell the weld was supposed to be made in so we could figure out what happened, and how to prevent it from happening again.

He had a printout of cycle times and skid bar-code readouts from almost two months before and we could pinpoint down to the second when the suspect bed was in what cell. Blew my mind.

• 3 months later...

not to mention someone that in all likelihood will NEVER be satisfied even once they receive their vehicle, they say the squeaky wheel always gets the oil, IMO they also get a fat dose of KHARMA....

She's going into the Dealership this morning

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/shes-going-into-dealership-morning-103862/

Edited by Bryan1